Magic Kingdom to Ohana

Tower of Terror 13

Earning My Ears
How much time should we budget for getting from the Magic Kingdom to the Polynesian for a 6:30 Ohana reservation. Should we use monorail or boat?

The resort monorail has to make 3 stops to get to the Polynesian (MK -> Contemporary -> TTC -> Poly). There's also a resort boat doing a loop (MK -> Grand Floridian -> Poly -> MK). If the boat is already at (or near) the MK, it is probably the faster trip. If the boat is not already there, I would head up to the monorail since it comes more often than the boat. With either option, you should have no trouble getting the next ride because there shouldn't be much of a line. From the entrance of the Magic Kingdom, I think either option will be under a half hour travel but how long it takes to get out of the park will depend on the crowd level.

I’d leave MK at 5:30 and enjoy the boat! You should then have plenty of time to walk from the boat dock, into the GCH, and then upstairs or elevator to ‘Ohana. If you arrive really very early, walk along the beach or browse around the shops.

You can always walk too, if it's nice out and you feel like it.
Allows you to have control over the time it will take you to get there.

The boat is a relaxing experience, but with a stroller it is more annoying than the monorail. Not sure if it applies here.

When we stay at Poly, we decide on transportation from MK to Poly based on what mode of transportation has minimal wait or is ready to board. Surprisingly, we often take the ferry to TTC and walk to Poly.

If you want to minimize travel time and you don't mind a 5-10 minute walk, take the EXPRESS monorail to the TTC and walk to the Poly; probably 20-30 minutes total. Add 5-10 minutes if you take the resort monorail instead. If you're willing to budget 30-45 minutes, the boat is much more fun.

The resort monorail has to make 3 stops to get to the Polynesian (MK -> Contemporary -> TTC -> Poly). There's also a resort boat doing a loop (MK -> Grand Floridian -> Poly -> MK). If the boat is already at (or near) the MK, it is probably the faster trip. If the boat is not already there, I would head up to the monorail since it comes more often than the boat. With either option, you should have no trouble getting the next ride because there shouldn't be much of a line. From the entrance of the Magic Kingdom, I think either option will be under a half hour travel but how long it takes to get out of the park will depend on the crowd level.
Can electric scooters go on the boat

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter