Magic Kingdom Dessert Party?????

It just started yesterday. There is a link to some great photos and a reveiw on the front page of the boards.

We are doing it in August. The desserts look delicious!!!

(We have no dinner ADR that day - LOL!! We are saving room for dessert ;) )

The desserts do look wonderfull but I can't imagine wanting that much of it on a hot summer night. Now if it was an ice cream party...:idea:

That looks wonderful!!!! Wonder how much it costs and how do you go about booking it.

It's $17.99 for adults and $9.99 for kids. I assume you book it lake any other ADR.

I have not attened this particular dessert party but I had my own party for my wedding and it was spectalular and the hightlight of the day. The desserts are amazing! Ours was at Epcot for Illuminations, I would have loved to have it at the MK for wishes!

We will not be there during the trial period, but if they extended it I think we would attend. DH liked the idea.

Magic Kingdom DESSERT party?????!!!!! During Wishes????

------------------------------:woohoo:-------------------------------------

Can such a wonderful thing exist??? It looks awesome!....

I cannot wait!!! It was going to be a surprise for DH but when I saw the photos I had to share it with him!!

But, we are not going on a Spectro night, that is the only thing that would make it more awesome!!

I will review when we get back.

Oh, as far as extending it, I did ask for a later date and the CM I talked to tried to enter a later date just to see, but it would not work. We are going on the last day.

Amy

I hope they extend it, this is something my DH would love and I'm still trying to get him into the Disney spirit of things...

O-M-G!! Those desserts look amazing!!! I hope they have this available in January when we go!!:dance3:

Thanks for sharing this................. Looks Awesome!!

I also hope they continue it.......... We will DEF. be going in Jan. if they do!!! :goodvibes

We were there last night. It was worth it to us since it was our first night ever in the MK. We were able to view Spectro and Wishes. We really needed some Disney magic and had been eating bolagna sandwiches all week. It was pricey but for a tired family who really had no idea how to get about the park it was wonderful. It was the only meal we have bought in the park since our arrival last Friday.

There is not ice cream. That would make it nicer. There was also not quite enough room at the railings for all the little kids. My baby was asleep and we had decided to stay at the table with him. We could see our other children and my six year old came back and said no one would let her stand at the railing to see the fireworks. Sure enough I went with her and every time there was a slight gap people would tell me she couldn't stand there because their SIL or whoever was in the bathroom or whatever. I pulled a chair up for her behind one group and stood her up on it so she could see. We are used to Disneyland where people do give way a bit for the little ones. Not sure what all that was about since she was just one tiny little thing, not a whole family trying to elbow in. She had been at the railing most of the time but being six she bounced about from one spot to another and by the time the show started had lost her place.

There is a very nice view from the Terrace and there should be enough room for everyone but some butts take more room than others if you kwim.

I still think it is worth it since the view is awesome and the dessert buffet is really over the top, beautiful and yummy. It beats staking out a place and sitting on the pavement two hours in advance. However were I at Disneyland where I know all the little secrets for making things happen I would not spend the money.

There is not ice cream. That would make it nicer. There was also not quite enough room at the railings for all the little kids. My baby was asleep and we had decided to stay at the table with him. We could see our other children and my six year old came back and said no one would let her stand at the railing to see the fireworks. Sure enough I went with her and every time there was a slight gap people would tell me she couldn't stand there because their SIL or whoever was in the bathroom or whatever. I pulled a chair up for her behind one group and stood her up on it so she could see. We are used to Disneyland where people do give way a bit for the little ones. Not sure what all that was about since she was just one tiny little thing, not a whole family trying to elbow in. She had been at the railing most of the time but being six she bounced about from one spot to another and by the time the show started had lost her place.

I don't want to start a war over kids vs adults viewing rights, just wanted to comment on the fact that I could see the railing becoming an issue when I first heard about this. It is one thing to sit there half a day and save a spot, but if you are paying for the view, Disney should come up with a solution.

I don't know if it was in the article or in another post on the board, but I read somewhere that they sell 50 or 51 (can't remember exactly) tickets per party. That's a minimal number, so it sounds like Disney is trying to keep it small enough so that everyone has a place at the railing. Maybe they need to reevaluate how many people can fit at the railing and sell less tickets per party.

We sat in the Tomorrowland Noodle Terrace to watch Spectro & Wishes on our last trip in 2006, and it is a good spot, but if you aren't at the railing the roof of the building does obstruct your view.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter