Magic Kingdom After Hours coming back (DAH); Reviews: Page 18 >>

Love all the reports.... I'm really looking forward to going to this in less than 2 weeks!

Someone in a FB group is saying they tried to buy tickets for last night and it was sold out? True? I'm thinking that they tried only online because I think I read somewhere you had to either call or buy them in person for the day of the event.
There is no way it was sold out, think EMH the earliest you get there in the am and it was still less crowded then this! One CM told us the amount of people for these events is 1/3 of usual park attendance and I really don't think there was even that last night.

There is no way it was sold out, think EMH the earliest you get there in the am and it was still less crowded then this! One CM told us the amount of people for these events is 1/3 of usual park attendance and I really don't think there was even that last night.

Thanks! I didn't think so. I was just curious if there was a chance that one night finally sold out! We are going 3/2 and I think I am looking forward to DAH more than the rest of the trip - haha!

Love all the reports.... I'm really looking forward to going to this in less than 2 weeks!

Someone in a FB group is saying they tried to buy tickets for last night and it was sold out? True? I'm thinking that they tried only online because I think I read somewhere you had to either call or buy them in person for the day of the event.

I had been thinking if any event were to sell out, it would be last night leading into a big holiday weekend. It's why we came down Thursday instead of Friday frankly.

Obviously crowd levels are very subjective but to me it FELT more crowded than the descriptions I've read on here to date. Still walk ons for most rides, 5-ish minute wait at 7DMT, sometimes you'd have to wait for the next train on BTMR, etc. Very very low crowds but you were never really alone at any point in the night.

Felt like several thousand people, to my untrained eye.

No way is that correct.

I've seen the max is 3,000 in several places, but I don't know if Disney has ever officially said how many tickets are available. (??)
No, they haven't. But there were dates in the past that had all tickets distributed (not necessarily sold out but distributed) I can say without any doubt, whatever the total figure is, it's not 1/3 of the total of usual park attendance.

Ehhh . . . . . . . . . .

I think you could argue that on party nights, MK closing times are abnormally early.

On the other hand, those those hours are also announced well in advance.

Depends on how one wishes to interpret "early".

Be careful. Some people literally worship Disney. Anything that can be taken as even midly critical might be attacked.

I've seen the max is 3,000 in several places, but I don't know if Disney has ever officially said how many tickets are available. (??)

That was the number that was rumored last year.. It's not selling out, it might have the first night. I've seen less since the first night. My next tickets is for the last night (assuming they don't extend it) so I'll see if it ramps back up again :) My best guess based on numbers people were floating last year is first night was roughly 3000 people and since then it's been more in the 1000-2000 range.

It's a gem of an event that most people just don't get or think they can just do it in normal crowds. I suspect if they continue it on when it's more crowded or try it again next year they will see the trend that every year it does better. It's just hard to describe how the MK experience changes when your relaxed, no lines, just enjoying the place.. it's very unique and something i'll go out of my way to attend as often as I can.

Last edited:
IMG_5790.JPG IMG_5792.JPG I attended after hours last night with my DH and DD2. It was well well worth the money for us. I agree that the longest wait was for the popcorn! I was proud of my 2 year old who made it until 1030. I really felt that the crowds during the day this past week were wayyyyy busier than I was expecting so It was really great to have this event to look forward to end our trip. My husband agreed that he would definitely spend the money to do this event again. Here are some of my pictures from an empty Magic kingdom. We arrived around 615p and headed straight to enchanted tales with Belle since we had a fastpass and it wouldn't be open during after hours. We then rode the people mover which also wasn't open during the event. Took our time and ate dinner and watched the fireworks and strolled along waiting for the crowds to leave. I felt like immediately after the fireworks ended the park was already empty. Even with our 2 year old in tow, in 2 hours we rode pirates, haunted mansion, Peter Pan, Ariel, Winnie the Pooh, buzz lightyear, space mountain, and seven dwarves mine train. We definitely could have done more if we didn't have a 2 year old with us but no lines with a toddler was amazing. Actually my husband bailed out before my toddler because he was cold! I could have kept going but considering we had to head to the airport the next day, we left around 1030p. Also definitely take advantage of the photopass photographers! It was great getting empty shots of Main Street. Can't wait to do this again one day!!!!

Attachments

• IMG_5794.JPG
    IMG_5794.JPG
    38.9 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_5796.JPG
    IMG_5796.JPG
    51.7 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_5797.JPG
    IMG_5797.JPG
    36.5 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_5798.JPG
    IMG_5798.JPG
    50.6 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_5799.JPG
    IMG_5799.JPG
    50.1 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_5800.JPG
    IMG_5800.JPG
    40.5 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_5801.JPG
    IMG_5801.JPG
    50.7 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_5802.JPG
    IMG_5802.JPG
    51.3 KB · Views: 52
I haven't been, but I'm losing hope that this gets extended beyond these very slow times. If it were going later into March or April they'd have said something by now, and with the recent new hours posting I think that it's safe to think this won't be back until they way they did it last year -- May through early June, i think, but not into the heart of the summer season.

I actually think that says something good about WDW, even though it eliminates my ability to attend. They know that during their busy runs -- Spring break, the heart of the summer -- they need to keep the park open for the regular guests. To me it's the same reason we don't see parties further into December -- they feel a responsibility to the big crowds who are coming to offer all they can as part of the regular admission, and not take away from that with an extra add-on that (I believe) would easily sell out during those mega crowded times or in the dead heat of the summer.

They may prove me wrong, but so far I think they've consistently done the right thing by their guests in regards to this. And while I hope they decide to get greedier for Spring break or in July (when me and my family will be in Orlando) I'm thinking they won't.

I did not see any signs indicating it was sold out on 2/16 while we were at the park but I just find it hard to believe it was with the few people we saw. We were the only two on Buzz, Ariel, Pirates. We had less than 5 minute waits for all others. We did the above plus HM, 7DMT, Astro orbiter, Jungle cruise, BTRR, meet and greets, PP, Dumbo, SM. Enjoy for all who are going to attend, you will love it!

I purchased mine online for March 2 event.

I purchased mine online for March 2 event.

So did I weeks ago. I was referring to someone who tried yesterday to buy tickets for last night's event. They could not and assumed it was sold out but it seems online ticketing isn't available right before the event starts.

Thinking about a quick trip to see Wishes one more time and to take advance of this after hours ticket. Do you have to buy a regular park admission ticket if you only plan on going to the after hours event? Do they allow you to enter the park any earlier than park closing like the Halloween party allows you to come in around 4:00pm? Thanks!

Thinking about a quick trip to see Wishes one more time and to take advance of this after hours ticket. Do you have to buy a regular park admission ticket if you only plan on going to the after hours event? Do they allow you to enter the park any earlier than park closing like the Halloween party allows you to come in around 4:00pm? Thanks!

The details are on the WDW website under Things To Do, Events and Tours. It's a separate ticket, so no need for the regular park admission ticket. You can get in starting at 7pm, although some people have reported getting in earlier.

Have fun!!

I have a friend who was at least week's AH event and when they tried to go there just after 4 they were turned away and told not to return until 7.

I have a friend who was at least week's AH event and when they tried to go there just after 4 they were turned away and told not to return until 7.

did they happen to notice if the line just for AH was there and they went to the wrong place to get in?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter