Magic Kingdom After Hours coming back (DAH); Reviews: Page 18 >>

They've been adjusting the calendars around the 15-17th most months (some exceptions). I would think right about now we'll see if it's going to get more dates added on but they might wait to the very end if it's right on the edge of being worth it for disney.
So you think from today until the 17th we may see if they are adding more dates?

Disney was closing at 8 and 9pm first 2 weeks of december on many weekdays. That's peak season and the parks are closing the same during weekends in non-peak season. The problem is perception. The parks used to always be opened later and that's just not the case since last summer.
That's good data. So if we see 8-9 pm closings as "typical" during Christmas party season, then the 7pm closings for parties do represent a bit of an "earlier-than-normal" closing. I know when I'm there on party nights in September, those 7pm closings definitely feel early. (Of course, the crowd has also been smaller, so I've still gotten a lot done.)

That's good data. So if we see 8-9 pm closings as "typical" during Christmas party season, then the 7pm closings for parties do represent a bit of an "earlier-than-normal" closing. I know when I'm there on party nights in September, those 7pm closings definitely feel early. (Of course, the crowd has also been smaller, so I've still gotten a lot done.)
My opinion is they do close early for parties (Halloween/Christmas) but they do not close early for DAH
My thought process is, during Party season, the nights they have a party they close at 7:00, other nights it is several hours later. For DAH they close at about the same time (give or take an hour) each night and then on DAH nights they are open additional hours

I only noticed it because I live nearby and once the summer ended, it never seemed to be opened later (or there was a party) on the nights I wanted to run in. there's only so many 1 hour in the park before you have to leave you do before you stop going. I originally thought it was trying to drive crowds to springs after it was fully opened (and it did that) and it started roughly when AK at night opened where they had AK the latest park to visit for many days..

Just to note, I didn't keep track or anything just personal interference to visit the parks. It also wasn't every night, just some nights every week it was closed a lot earlier than it used to be.

Heading to after hours tomorrow. Questions for those who have done this:

- Does the emporium close at 8?
- Do we need to wait till 8 to get the free snacks & drinks?

Thanks!

Thanks!
Not sure about the Emporium but you will have to wait until 8 for the snacks and drinks...

Thanks!

snacks yes.

emporium stays opened until AH is closed.. that's the only store opened after close to shop in. (it's on the list)

Any recommendations on cool, interactive queue's that we shouldn't miss? I've only been to Disney once as an adult in 2015. My husband and I will be there on 3/9 and I am sooooo excited! I've heard people reference SDMT, Pan, and Pooh, but I'm wondering if there are others. We've only done these with FPs. Looking forward to seeing what all of the hype is about without having to wait through those dreaded lines!
Not to burst your bubble but last year when we went only the fast pass que was open for rides not the standby que (which makes sense since the lines are pretty much non existent)

Just ask, most of them are still running and they let you go the standby line to see them.
I made a point to tell the CM at Peter Pan how much I appreciated that they kept open the regular queue, hoping that someone would note that we notice and we care. Can't think of any other MK attractions where using the FP queue would detract from my experience.

I can take or leave the ride itself, but I figure I have a few years left of still loving the Peter Pan queue - as long as I can move through it in a few minutes, rather than an hour.

We have never seen the interactive queues at Peter Pan or 7DMT so that's another thing we'll make sure to do!

Had a GREAT time at DAH tonight with me and DS6. It was chilly (50's with a breeze) but we trucked through. Absolutely the best after hours/upcharge event I've been to, I think they are really close to the value/cost mix on this one. I'll do a better review when I get back but just wanted to say two thumbs up BIG TIME from me.

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

We loved the event last night, we walked on every attraction, so worth it for my DD and I. This was the first night of our trip. This was so worth the AP price for us. There were so few people there. The snack line was the longest lol. Here is a picture to show the empty Main Street.

IMG_0735.JPG

Love all the reports.... I'm really looking forward to going to this in less than 2 weeks!

Someone in a FB group is saying they tried to buy tickets for last night and it was sold out? True? I'm thinking that they tried only online because I think I read somewhere you had to either call or buy them in person for the day of the event.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter