Magic Kingdom After Hours coming back (DAH); Reviews: Page 18 >>

Is this going to be a permanent thing going forward? I am planning a November trip and seems like this might be worth doing.

Is this going to be a permanent thing going forward? I am planning a November trip and seems like this might be worth doing.

I would assume it all depends on how well it does.

But i cant see it happening in the fall because of the halloween & christmas parties.

This is test #2. There would be some challenges different times of the year but not impossible...

I would pay much more if they did it during the height of crowd weeks for example.

edit: and to answer you, disney has said nothing Technically EMM isn't considered permanent and that's still running since last year and even included a second park now.

Last edited:
Thanks! Did you have regular price tickets or did you by chance have AP or DVC? That's the only part that I'm still wondering about - whether we have to show our entitlement to have purchased at the lower price.

I purchased before they had the website set up to sell them, I just called and they looked up that I was an AP holder and then it's just like party tickets were you link them in MDE (via phone you have to do it with the confirmation number). now it's just website purchase and you'll see the AP price if you have an AP and logged in with the AP linked to you.

If I had to suggest anything to make the event better, I would prefer it were 4 hours - just to have some time for extra rides, or a relaxed snack. And I would have LOVED there to be one or two special character greetings. I'm talking about the rare ones.... Like Pinnochio, Brear Rabbit, any villian... someone you wouldn't normally see there.

Overall - a stellar experience if you could swing it!
If they continue to offer it - I will absolutely be taking advantage on our next trip!!!
I had the same exact comment, and included it in my survey, following our visit last May. I mentioned both a few characters and the addition of popcorn.
They must have gotten enough comments about popcorn because they did add that.
Guess not enough requested a rare character or two for them to make that change.

Didn't see it asked in the thread, but any guesses on the chances of being able to purchase same day tickets? Since they are non-refundable (and I've already had to bit that bullet once with MVMCP), I'm hesitant to purchase too far in advance and would rather do it day of when I know we can make it. :)

Didn't see it asked in the thread, but any guesses on the chances of being able to purchase same day tickets? Since they are non-refundable (and I've already had to bit that bullet once with MVMCP), I'm hesitant to purchase too far in advance and would rather do it day of when I know we can make it. :)
Thus far they've been available day of for the most part. Not sure anyone can predict their availability as time goes and more hear the praises of the event, more word spreads. They do stand a higher chance of sell outs over parties simply by capacity differences.

People were getting them from guest relations the first night after close.. I would expect the dates near the end to have less chance of getting them as this is off to a strong start in my opinion for what is a very confusing event to explain why you want to pay money for 3 more hours.

It's a very very limited ticket event, much lower than a party so I think the risk is high and more people know what it is now.

People were getting them from guest relations the first night after close.. I would expect the dates near the end to have less chance of getting them as this is off to a strong start in my opinion for what is a very confusing event to explain why you want to pay money for 3 more hours.

It's a very very limited ticket event, much lower than a party so I think the risk is high and more people know what it is now.
ITA with this. I think these will likely start selling out as more people know about it. Highway in the Sky was much more limited (25 people per night) but as peopel started talking about it, it sold through for all dates in a matter of hours.

I purchased before they had the website set up to sell them, I just called and they looked up that I was an AP holder and then it's just like party tickets were you link them in MDE (via phone you have to do it with the confirmation number). now it's just website purchase and you'll see the AP price if you have an AP and logged in with the AP linked to you.

That's exactly what we did - bought them over the phone before they were available online - for all but one of the eight tickets our group has. They are all linked on MDE and show up just like another park ticket for each person. I'm thinking all that means that we won't have to do anything other than scan our MBs when we get there, but I'm going to have all the APs and DVC cards that were used along with me just in case.

Thanks!

That's exactly what we did - bought them over the phone before they were available online - for all but one of the eight tickets our group has. They are all linked on MDE and show up just like another park ticket for each person. I'm thinking all that means that we won't have to do anything other than scan our MBs when we get there, but I'm going to have all the APs and DVC cards that were used along with me just in case.

if they are in MDE an linked to the right people you just need the band and your fine.

On your way in did you think to ask what time they set up the check in? I still believe they are setting up at 4:00, just like with a party. I know we got in at 4:30 last year. Not sure what time we'll try to head over on Friday. We'll be at Epcot to enjoy some of the snacks at the art festival
I didn't ask. I should have! Sorry!

I'm actually really surprised that no dates have sold out yet, what with all the fabulous reviews and increased advertising of the event. I've decided that if the event hasn't sold out the week before, I am going to take that as a sign from God that I am meant to be there and buy tickets for February 16th. I will have my 2 year old in tow but on past trips, she has been extremely flexible when we kept her up a little late and would just fall asleep in the stroller when she's tired. It sounds like the perfect way to end our vacation!!

LOL Jenna, you sound like me. "I'll wait until after the first first party... and if it sells out, I'm clearly not supposed to go."

Bought my ticket last night. I'm thrifty, so that was a tough pill to swallow.... but I don't think I'll regret it.

LOL Jenna, you sound like me. "I'll wait until after the first first party... and if it sells out, I'm clearly not supposed to go."

Bought my ticket last night. I'm thrifty, so that was a tough pill to swallow.... but I don't think I'll regret it.
I spent a long time debating whether it was worth the cost before I booked it. Seeing pictures from the event finally tipped the scales for me. An empty MK is just too appealing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter