Magic Key Renewals

The lawsuit is looking at a snapshot in time only. What is happening NOW will not impact the outcome of this suit. There is a time period in question which is Sepetmber through October 2021. That's the focus of the lawsuit.

Yeah, I was thinking post-settlement, what would form the basis of a new lawsuit? Assuming they fixed the problematic marketing copy from Sept/Oct 2021, if they did something egregious like only allot 10% of daily capacity to the AP program, it could invite another lawsuit.

Yeah, I was thinking post-settlement, what would form the basis of a new lawsuit? Assuming they fixed the problematic marketing copy from Sept/Oct 2021, if they did something egregious like only allot 10% of daily capacity to the AP program, it could invite another lawsuit.

I doubt it. They can allocate any amount of reservations they want as long as they are transparent about the fact that it's limited and they remove the "no blackout date" phrase. The lawsuit is only for the Dream Keys precisely because of that phrase.

The rest of the MKs who have had trouble getting reservations will simply not renew. My sister's family is in that camp.

Well, for what it's worth, we just renewed our Sorcerer Passes (today is the first day of our renewal window.)

Surprisingly, the passes are exactly the same and the base prices haven't gone up since last year. We even got a renewal discount, so the passes were cheaper. These passes are still not available for new purchases, but Disney is letting people renew them as promised.

I think that bodes well for Magic Keys. If Disney said they will let you renew, I believe they will.

Well, for what it's worth, we just renewed our Sorcerer Passes (today is the first day of our renewal window.)

Surprisingly, the passes are exactly the same and the base prices haven't gone up since last year. We even got a renewal discount, so the passes were cheaper. These passes are still not available for new purchases, but Disney is letting people renew them as promised.

I think that bodes well for Magic Keys. If Disney said they will let you renew, I believe they will.
Disney hasn't made any comments about the program changing at WDW. The comments from Disney make it seem like there will be some changes coming with the renewals.

Disney hasn't made any comments about the program changing at WDW. The comments from Disney make it seem like there will be some changes coming with the renewals.
Maybe, but I honestly think the changes, if any, won't be too drastic. I might be proven wrong (and I hope not), but I think the the folks on this thread will be offered an opportunity to renew, and most will be happy to do so for the price and terms offered by Disney. Let's see how it pans out.

I’m hoping it’s whatever they originally planned the new program to be. Their lead up to the magic key made it seem like they were planning some super flexible pass that you could tailor to your needs. Instead we got an annual pass only with reservations required.

I’d love to get a pass where you could choose your blackout tier, how many reservations you can hold, and how far in advance you could book.

I just read (because everything you read online is true 🤣) that the parks have started quietly removing MK signage from stores and took the MK embroidery off the hat machines. That doesn’t sound like an impending renewal offering. Maybe someone in the park can check that out… meaning someone with actual tickets since apparently no one can use their passes lol

I just read (because everything you read online is true 🤣) that the parks have started quietly removing MK signage from stores and took the MK embroidery off the hat machines. That doesn’t sound like an impending renewal offering. Maybe someone in the park can check that out… meaning someone with actual tickets since apparently no one can use their passes lol

Magically (disappearing) Keys :clown:

I wonder what the odds are that Disney will just ghost everybody and not announce anything to anyone. Halloween time starts in a month, after all.

We’ll be there next week because we had to buy 3 day Southern California resident tickets because we are blacked out, and we have relatives coming who want to go to Disneyland. I’ll check it out!

What signage? I don't even remember seeing any signage for Magic Keys in the parks.

Has anyone been able to renew? I remember reading someone called and they said "soon more information would be available".

I will be there Sat and Sun on my pass. There has actually been advertising for Magic Key perks on the Magic Key facebook page. And Magic Key Terrace is still open.

1659580975716.png

I will be there Sat and Sun on my pass. There has actually been advertising for Magic Key perks on the Magic Key facebook page. And Magic Key Terrace is still open.

View attachment 690526
Well sure... eek every last dollar out of those left standing lol. People were buying passes up until June so they have a whole year's worth of people to keep happy still. I don't see that as any potential for renewal options either way though.

Well sure... eek every last dollar out of those left standing lol. People were buying passes up until June so they have a whole year's worth of people to keep happy still. I don't see that as any potential for renewal options either way though.
To add to that- people could buy up until June but others (me) may have a magic key that just hasn’t been activated yet. We activate in September, so technically will be key holders until next September unless Disney changes things.

If they don’t allow renewal that’s kind of bs for my parents who bought passes in May to go with their grandkids.

It’s absolutely insane that my passes expire in a little over two weeks and we still have no clarity on the renewals when the whole year we were led to believe we would be able to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter