Magic Key Renewals

Not all Christmas season, just the week of Christmas and after Christmas. Interesting that they added 20% off Genie+ instead of an add on fee for it.
They want to goose the per day spend.

And, also, passholders need to actually enter the park before they are able to purchase discounted Genie+ and start reserving rides. Which (intentionally?) puts them at a disadvantage versus day tickets.

This prevents them from nabbing a convenient slot after work for (for example) ROTR almost any day they care to visit the park. If they had bundled Genie+ that they could use every morning, imagine how wonderfully, totally worth it that would be...

They want to goose the per day spend.

And, also, passholders need to actually enter the park before they are able to purchase discounted Genie+ and start reserving rides. Which (intentionally?) puts them at a disadvantage versus day tickets.

This prevents them from nabbing a convenient slot after work for (for example) ROTR almost any day they care to visit the park. If they had bundled Genie+ that they could use every morning, imagine how wonderfully, totally worth it that would be...
It's the same for day tickets that didn't pre purchase. At Disneyland no one can make reservations until they are through the gates.

WDW is where you don't have to be through the gates to start booking ILL or Genie+.

It's the same for day tickets that didn't pre purchase. At Disneyland no one can make reservations until they are through the gates.

WDW is where you don't have to be through the gates to start booking ILL or Genie+.
Not that I've ever actually purchased Genie+. Nor would I unless it was bundled.

I paid for the MaxPass add-on. i felt somewhat ripped off at the time. Little did I know...

Not that I've ever actually purchased Genie+. Nor would I unless it was bundled.

I paid for the MaxPass add-on. i felt somewhat ripped off at the time. Little did I know...
There's no disadvantage to being a passholder buying Genie+ day of versus a day ticket. It operates in the same manner for both.

I've so far only used Genie+ once at DLR (plus ILL) but a friend paid for all of it. I have purchased Genie+ a few times at WDW were it was worth the $15/day.

There's no disadvantage to being a passholder buying Genie+ day of versus a day ticket. It operates in the same manner for both.

I've so far only used Genie+ once at DLR (plus ILL) but a friend paid for all of it. I have purchased Genie+ a few times at WDW were it was worth the $15/day.
Well, anyway, I doubt Disney will ever bundle Genie+. I'd love to be proven wrong on that, but attendance would probably have to truly tank for that to happen.

I am so confused? I have 4 Believe keys that are going to expire Sept 28 and I'm 43 days away from expiring. I want to purchase an Inspire key and 3 Believe keys...can I not do it this 8/18? Do I have to wait until 30 days before expiration? Does that mean I may not get the keys I want because my expiration date is later than others and they may sell out of certain levels???? That makes no sense. Please help me understand.

I am so confused? I have 4 Believe keys that are going to expire Sept 28 and I'm 43 days away from expiring. I want to purchase an Inspire key and 3 Believe keys...can I not do it this 8/18? Do I have to wait until 30 days before expiration? Does that mean I may not get the keys I want because my expiration date is later than others and they may sell out of certain levels???? That makes no sense. Please help me understand.
Correct you have to wait until 30 days before your pass expires to renew.

So will I have the ability to renew at my level or higher at that time or will I be screwed because of a later data and certain passes being sold out.

So will I have the ability to renew at my level or higher at that time or will I be screwed because of a later data and certain passes being sold out.
A “renewal” is the purchase of another year (or specified period of the Pass if different than a year) of Pass benefits during the renewal window as specified by Disney and on or before the expiration date of a currently existing and valid Pass. Pass types may be made available for renewal in Disney’s discretion.

So yes, it's possible it could no longer be available by the time you renew.

That's insane that I would get penalized for a later date....I'm calling Mickey! Lol....maybe I'll try to call guest relations!

UPDATE: So called over to guest relations and they actually answered and reiterated that you have to be 30 days within expiration to be eligible for renewal and that passes may run out at certain levels but chances are they won't he stated. I have no idea if that was helpful or more irritating lol.

Last edited:
I have a Magic Key that I’m making monthly payments on. Does anyone know if I can pay it off early? Or am I locked into those payments. I called a few times today to ask and it’s impossible to get anyone on the phone with wait times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter