Magic Key Renewals

Somebody (Disneyland blogger, just can't remember which one) said that they received word that MK holders will be offered some type of renewal no less than 40 days before they are due for renewal. For those who got it on the first day (I think it was 8/25/21), that would mean they should be hearing something around 7/16-ish, so we should start hearing some more rumblings soon.

Somebody (Disneyland blogger, just can't remember which one) said that they received word that MK holders will be offered some type of renewal no less than 40 days before they are due for renewal. For those who got it on the first day (I think it was 8/25/21), that would mean they should be hearing something around 7/16-ish, so we should start hearing some more rumblings soon.
I asked if there was a more specific timeframe and they said to keep an eye on the website. This makes sense though.

Yup. Although it's not purchase date, it's when you first used it. I don't think there are many who purchased AND used on Aug 25. But for the sake of it, July 15/16 seems to the target date by which we should have official information (Although you would hope they would give a bit more of a heads up for people whose renewal date is actually the 25th of August).

Yup. Although it's not purchase date, it's when you first used it. I don't think there are many who purchased AND used on Aug 25. But for the sake of it, July 15/16 seems to the target date by which we should have official information (Although you would hope they would give a bit more of a heads up for people whose renewal date is actually the 25th of August).
Fair point, so it may not be until the 17th. I forgot there was a cluster of issues on 8/25!

This is a company that expects its customers to make reservations to enter the parks when there is no entertainment schedule or operating hours information out yet. I would not be surprised if they don't even get info out by those mid-July dates.

If reservations are back I am out.
If they add a new tier for no reservations they better add higher discounts or G+ with it.

There is no indication that there will not be a reservation requirement. The reservation calendar is still active and goes out to October.
Because they are probably going to charge more for a pass that offers no reservations required. Thinking with this Disney management in mind.

I doubt it. How would they adequately staff with an unknown number of people coming each day? They would have to get rid of the system OR guarantee a reservation every day.
How does the reservation system make sense now for Magic Key holders?

Even if you book DCA you can still enter DL as your first park after 1pm. Which would hurt staffing plans.

How does the reservation system make sense now for Magic Key holders?

Even if you book DCA you can still enter DL as your first park after 1pm. Which would hurt staffing plans.
There is a lawsuit now by a Dream Key holder for $5 million that the no blockout language Disney used was misleading because reservations would sell out and that essentially blocked out the date for attendance. A judge recently ruled that the facts were sufficient for the lawsuit to move forward.

There is a lawsuit now by a Dream Key holder for $5 million that the no blockout language Disney used was misleading because reservations would sell out and that essentially blocked out the date for attendance. A judge recently ruled that the facts were sufficient for the lawsuit to move forward.
Easy fix, Disney realizes how much bs the reservation system is and removes it moving forward + add 3 more months to all Magic Keys.

By the looks of the current reservation calendar for MKs I don't think reservations are that big a deal anymore. It seems wide open, but this could be because the enchant and imagine keys are blocked out.

Hearing the several options part gives me hope. I hope they come back with a cheaper flex pass option for us out of towners that go once every 3/4 months. The believe key has made us go more often than we normally would and its just too much disneyland for us.

By the looks of the current reservation calendar for MKs I don't think reservations are that big a deal anymore. It seems wide open, but this could be because the enchant and imagine keys are blocked out.

Hearing the several options part gives me hope. I hope they come back with a cheaper flex pass option for us out of towners that go once every 3/4 months. The believe key has made us go more often than we normally would and its just too much disneyland for us.
The entire end of August is gone which shows that all those Enchant and Imagine keys are holding reservations for then. The dates after August are open because people who bought keys in the first few days can't book dates after their expiration.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter