Magic Goes Texan! Eight Crazy Nights (3/1/2013 Bahamas)

I just found this thread with some help! We will be on this cruise too!! I am so overwhelmed and lost :scared: I will be spending the next few days reading up on all this!

Thanks for that info! That's a lot of help. I got the above items already on my luggage. Now if I can only figure out how to cut down on our stuff!!! Lol. ;)

Just did that today by cutting out some clothes....and proceeded to fill the luggage with other stuff! :rotfl2:

I have never been on a Disney cruise before but I have been on a lot of different cruise ships my wife normally packs of portable hamper for dirty laundry also a portable shoe rack that you hang over your door I think the dollar store has them and they are good for storing all your bathroom items alarm clock a power strip more outlets to be plug in case should get seasick you might want to pack some Dramamine non drowsy they do have it on board but the ones that they give out for free normally makes me drowsy bring a highlighter that way you can mark out your activities what you like to do for that day also I heard on the disboards at the drink fountain station to bring your own larger cup they say the 1 on Disney cruise ships are small cups so use Disney cups to fill up your larger cup also bring a lot of candy for the shows and 1 more lasting I forgot to mention very important make sure to have a lot of fun:)

Why would one bring candy for the shows??
Elaine

We are going to be going on the Bahamas cruise on 3/1 and was wondering if anyone has any ideas on decorating the doors?? I made a birthday wreath for my mother in law's birthday and can't figure out how to put it on the door. Has anyone ever used a magnet hook? Where would you find one? Any ideas on where to get the Disney magnets for the doors?

Also, I asked to join the FB page. My name is Carrie Iverson. Can you please allow me to join? :)

iversonfamily6 said:
We are going to be going on the Bahamas cruise on 3/1 and was wondering if anyone has any ideas on decorating the doors?? I made a birthday wreath for my mother in law's birthday and can't figure out how to put it on the door. Has anyone ever used a magnet hook? Where would you find one? Any ideas on where to get the Disney magnets for the doors?

Also, I asked to join the FB page. My name is Carrie Iverson. Can you please allow me to join? :)

A craft store such as Hobby Lobby should have one.

I looked for Castaway Cay and for our day next Monday there and its currently forecasted not to even make it to 70....so bummed. I know it was a risk (esp. this time of year) that the weather may not be good but still disappointed that we will now have bundle up and not enjoy the beach as we would like. At least its not going to rain.

WDW is looking great (sunny and upper 70's) though.

Bummed it won't be warm. My DD8 is determined to do the stingray snorkle which means I have to go too. I had last read that the water temp was 75.

I'm so bummed that I am just now finding this with just 3 days to go! :(
We have 8 going. Myself an my ds 13, dd 7, my best friend and her dd 3, my mom, sil, dil! Can't wait...we are all so ready. However not packed yet :worried:
I work better under pressure:cool1:

Thank you FE Group 1 for the great gifts. We enjoyed the trip, but felt the weather (totally outside of Disney's control) was a bit of a bummer. We disembarked to get a call from the airline that our flight was canceled...due to weather! Blizzard in Denver....and with spring break in TX, lots of people trying to get to the slopes. We will get home tomorrow via Tulsa, which is better than what SWA booked me on the phone....home Monday evening at 10:10! Went to the airport and met a lovely lady who spent an hour trying to get us home sooner.
Blessings to you all!

Thank you FE Group 1 for the great gifts. We enjoyed the trip, but felt the weather (totally outside of Disney's control) was a bit of a bummer. We disembarked to get a call from the airline that our flight was canceled...due to weather! Blizzard in Denver....and with spring break in TX, lots of people trying to get to the slopes. We will get home tomorrow via Tulsa, which is better than what SWA booked me on the phone....home Monday evening at 10:10! Went to the airport and met a lovely lady who spent an hour trying to get us home sooner.
Blessings to you all!

Safe travels!! WE enjoyed the FE gifts also and had a great time on the cruise!
Elaine

Wow gang - what a great cruise we had! The shows, the dinners, kids club, the incredible service, the day at Disney and that perfect morning at Key West - we simply loved it all.

Just wanted to pop back in and say I hope everyone gets home safely. Thank you to everyone for all the time/effort/energy that y'all put into the FE gifts - we were overwhelmed and it was a huge part of our enjoyment on the cruise.

Best,
Elizabeth

I was really disappointed with the castaway cay day not working out on this cruise. Does anyone know if Disney will compesnate us for the lost day in any way?

wongski said:
I was really disappointed with the castaway cay day not working out on this cruise. Does anyone know if Disney will compesnate us for the lost day in any way?

Not likely, especially since this was a Kids Sail Free sailing. The cruise contract states that the itinerary and ports of call are subject to change, so technically they are not obligated to dock at Castaway Cay (or anywhere, for that matter.) It's a bummer, but it happens.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter