Magic Double-dip "SCOOP AWAY THE POUNDS"

Kaykels...Love the receipe and am gonna stop and get some fruit on the way home. I now know what I am going to make for breakfast on SUnday for me and my DH.

Love the receipes and even better when they are quick and easy.

Dee
Thanks for the the suppot . Great job lossing 2lbs!!!
I am going to try and start using the crock pot again.I would love if you shared some WW receipes for the crock.I started using a rice cooker so I can set it and leave it. I did really good eating all week , but no weight loss.
Rachel
Thanks for the info. I have put her on a organic diet and I wasn't sure if it was OK to use probiotics while on meds( she takes a ton on meds reg.) I have been trying to find a homiopathic (sp) Dr but there are none in my area. I was wondering where do you find Agave nectar? Sounds interesting. I have heard many times about serving strawberries with balsamic, but never tried it.
Well tonight I go to work(really late 8-2am) Yuck, but at least it is at the happiest place on earth!
Thanks again

Michelle - you certainly are an angel. pixiedust: For you and your daughter...how is her ear doing today? I'm sorry I missed the chat the other night. A tough week. I'll weigh myself on Sunday, I refuse to do it more than once a week, I tried it a couple days after the last time and I was up 2 lbs. Jackie swears it could be water...so I'm waiting a bit. I just wish I could manage my energy. I end up giving it all at work and come home exhausted. I think too, that this knee being "out" was really taxing me. Ok, no more whining... I'll post my weight results on Sunday. But you know what? That "weekly" goal of moving ...DIDN"T HAPPEN!!!! ARGHHH

My water was good though. Hang in there everyone! Anybody is Oprah's Debt Diet program...interesting. God Bless you gals!

You can get Agave Nectar and any health food store, or order it on line from tons of places. It tastes and looks exactly like a light honey. It has a VERY low glycemic index and it's from a cactus plant. YUMMY. I can't give my kid sugar so it works for us.
Okay... have to finish choking down my egg beaters with salsa and green peppers. I just realized that I'm not a fan of egg beaters !

Try some raoseted garlic and lf or soy cheese in with the egg beaters. That really punches up the flavor. I make a lot of omlets with them and stuff them with soy sausage and lots of veggies too. VERY low in pts and yummy too.

have a great weekend all

So Dee, I haven't SEEN any reciepes to give you....but I did HEAR one:

from the Chicken Little soundtrack:

It was a reciepe for disaster

a four course meal of "no sir-eee" .....

....a cup of good intentions,

a tablespoon of one big mess

a dash of over-reaction

and I assume you know the rest ...........ONE LITTLE SIP :rolleyes1

This is my new favorite song.

ps...I'm not even going to mention what Peg and I did at lunch today :sad2: talk about one little slip!

Kaykel... I made just the strawberrys with splenda and basalmic vinger. The I made WW wheat bread in to the french toast. I wapping 3pts with syrup. My DH really like it. He was so sceptical because of the way I made the strawberrys. He even went back for seconds and was snacking on the strawberrys that were left over.

Thanks for the receipe.

Ibouncetoo..that receipe describes some of my family members. LOL

I'm glad you liked the berries. My kids love 'em too but they would have a fit if they knew I put vinegar in them!
Dee, I'm sure the sausage will kick it up a notch. I just bought Morning Star farm soy sausage yesterday. I've been eating a lot of BOCA burgers. If you put enough stuff on them they almost taste good. I love the sausage patties, always have. I didn't even think of putting them in the egg beaters.
HAVE YOU GUYS TRIED THE WW SHERBERT ICE CREAM BARS???? OMG SOOOO GOOD. and only 60 calories and .5 g fat, YUMMY.

For those of you on WW, can you tell me how it works with the points? I did LA weightloss before but it's been YEARS since WW and I don't remember how it works.

WW has two programs. They have "flex" and "core." I do flex, it is the one where you count points. Each food is assigned a pointquaity by calculating the calories, fat and fiber. The higher the fiber the lower the points, usually. You are allowed "x" number of points a day based on your current weight. The benefit of flex (for me) is that I can eat anything I want, as long as it is within my points for the day. It has really helped me make better food choices. For example a if you want a snack. Lets say a snickers bar is 7 pts. I can have that or I can choose to have a small bag of lf popcorn (1-2pts). See the advantages? Sometimes I choose the whitmans ww candy for 2 pts if I realy need the chocolate. I guess the differance for me is that I feel like I have a choice and total control. I have become creative in my snacks and it has become a game to try to limit my snacks to 1-3 pts. I have found ff flavored cream cheeses that go well with celery. I have found individual popcorn (both kettle corn and butter) that is only 2 pts.

I pay close attention to serving sizes as well. Well you get the jist.

By the way, soy products are lower in points YEAH! The cheese is great in omelets or on enchiladas.

Good luck this week my fellow losers.

Thanks for the info Dee. Do you know what the core progam consists of? I'm doing it on my own with no structure because it's the last stubborn 10 I need to work on, but I have to face facts... I'm never going to drop them if I don't follow SOMETHING.

kaykels. this is the info I found out on the "core" program

On the Core Plan focus on wholesome foods without counting…
Eat wholesome foods from all the food groups, including fruits and vegetables, grains and starches, lean meats and poultry, eggs and dairy products.
Enjoy satisfying eating without empty calories.
Have the occasional treat in controlled amounts.

Okay, I have now created a new dish. I took those strawberrys and added it to my salad with turkey chuncks and a little raberry vinergette dressing. What a great lunch. Thanks kaykels, again

So, have people avoided checking in for the same reasons I have????

Having soooooo much trouble getting this program under way! I guess I'm really still in the "SHOULD" be doing this thought process and not quite to the "WILL" be doing this. Why is that shift so difficult? It's not just my healthy eating program that's been stalled, it's lots of things....chores, projects, pretty much anything in my personal life (work, of course, ALWAYS gets taken care of).

I did actually get some stuff taken care of this weekend, now if I can just manage to not let work overwhelm me and actually be able to live some of my personal life Monday through Friday it would help. So perhaps my goals for this week should look more like this:

1. Drink more water
2. Pack lunch at least three times
3. Get hair cut (lordy, it's a mess!)
4. Go for walks at least 3x M-F
5. Call yard man/cleaning lady, arrange appointments
6. OPEN CHRISTMAS GIFT OF DIGITAL CAMERA AND FIGURE OUT HOW TO USE IT!!!!

That should keep me busy till the weekend, eh?

I go a couple of days really well, and then fall. Not moving enough, but that could be due to this darn knee being in pain. Still trying to figure out what's up with that!

I did increase my h20 this week, so that's good. I am really good during the day, and the evenings are always tough for me. And because work has taken so much energy, I'm not cooking like I was before. That should start to "settle" down a bit.

I did get the real job offer though. So that's cool. Can now pay my DS for the deposit for the cruise and hotel at AKL the night before. I was showing my DH the video link from that travel channel gal, Browne...Sally? no... whatever...

He said he'd like to check that place out. He wants to go to Africa on a real safari sometime! Ok, night all, CHECK in people...it's good to get support.

Michelle - how ya doing? Grayfal????

Hi guys
I also have been in the mind set of I need to do this, not I am doing this.Today is a new day. I have been sick since last Wed with some sort of stomach thing again, so I should have a weight loss, not exactly the way to do it. Agelina is still sick and stressing me out so that really make good food choices a lot harder. I am proud to say that even though I want DH to just bring something in to eat I instead had him help cook something at home. That is HUGE for me.
Wishing all HEALTHY EATING!!

Michelle, hope both you and that precious Angelina are feeling better.

I was at the hospital for one day last week for an outpatient procedure and then a couple of days at home resting. I really haven't felt hungry yet. So my instances of bad food choices these last few days have been PURELY mental/emotional and have had nothing to do with any physical cravings. I dug out the little notebook TiggersPal gave me and am, once again, writing down everything I eat and drink. I KNOW that's the best way to monitor and that tracking food consumption is one of the major elements in succussful weight loss. Another is REPORTING/TRACKING weight loss (and gains!). So I will be checking in here once a week and confessing to all the world what the scale says ::yes::

So here it is: This monring I am UP 2 lbs from my starting weight. With 37 weeks to go I'm +2/50. Time to GET CRACKING as my mom used to say!

I had been checking in every day and felt like I was abanded :scared: I am so glad to see you all back.

I have still been trying new receipes and had the most wonderful dessert. It was a coconut shell with chocolate pudding then topped with strawberrys and whuped cream. It was good and very low points. We also had chicken and dumplings with mashed potatoes. I am loving this diet and sharing the cooking once a week with my DIL's mother.

Remember today if fat tuesday everyone. Just a reason to celebrate eating in case you are not Catholic.

Welcome back all. I missed you guys.

Dee, just curious, how do you calculate the fiber/vs.calories into points? What is the magic formula? I would join again but there is a large cranky lady at the desk that gave me a hard time last time I went... long story..... very rude.... so I can't go back. I figured after a few years she might be gone... but she ISN'T. I don't like the meetings anyway. I'd rather do it on my own. I've been following the L.A. weightloss grid but I'd like to change it up b/c I don't have any more bars and I like the 1 pt. WW ice cream bars better anyway.
Thanks for the info.

I bought the calculator from WW (and no I did not join). It does all the calculations. Let me see if I can get one of their slide rulers from some of the people who joined and quit and send it to you (if you want). They have WW at work program here at our hospital, do they have it there for you as well?

I would love slide ruler if you can get ahold of one... THANKS! I work from home because I'm self employed, so WW at work won't work!
B.T.W, I had a salad for lunch and a big salad w/grilled chicken for dinner and I've gotta tell ya.... It's hard to choke down salads when it's 28 degrees out and you're surrounded by snow and ice! Oh Disney cruise... please come take me away!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter