Magic Candle Company

Uncle Scrooge Fan

Earning My Ears
Beware of MCC before purchasing. I believe that they are either deliberately or unintentionally suppressing negative feedback . Based on the customer reviews (all 5 stars), I bought the Contemporary scent 14oz candle. My ordering and delivery experience were great, but I wasn't happy with the potency of the scent and didnt feel the candle was a good value. I wrote and submitted a two star rating on their website, received confirmation of receipt, and it was never published. Check out their BBB page, this happened to someone else. Please advise on your experience. Thank you.

Beware of MCC before purchasing. I believe that they are either deliberately or unintentionally suppressing negative feedback . Based on the customer reviews (all 5 stars), I bought the Contemporary scent 14oz candle. My ordering and delivery experience were great, but I wasn't happy with the potency of the scent and didnt feel the candle was a good value. I wrote and submitted a two star rating on their website, received confirmation of receipt, and it was never published. Check out their BBB page, this happened to someone else. Please advise on your experience. Thank you.

Would you post "a two star rating" (as you call it) on your business' website if you were trying to gain popularity and exposure?

I'm in no way defending MCC. I've ordered a few scents that were better than others. Some I liked, some I didn't. It's all opinion. If you don't like the "Haunted" scent, I may LOVE the "Haunted scent. That doesn't warrant making the MCC a bad company. Goods such as candles, books, games, etc. are all subjective.

I respect your argument; however,

I'm not arguing with you.

Your response has validated my point. I'm not going to purchase a candle based on whether or not YOU like the smell of it. See? If you and I were standing in Yankee Candle going down the aisle shoving candles in each other's faces to smell them, I'll like a scent that you won't like. It's inevitable, the scents are a subjective opinion, and they always will be. That's all I'll contribute to this thread. Thanks.

Did you post only on their site? Most companies will not post anything on their websites below a 4 star ( out of 5 ). Is it deceptive, yes, it borders it.

I don't post to most retail sites because they do have control over what gets posted and they can disappear ( if posted at all ). I typically stick with Yelp.

As an update, I decided to email the seller. I explained that my review didn't upload and they advised that all reviews upload if I use the same email as my order, which I had done. In case my experience was an anomaly, I decided to re-submit my review and again it didnt upload.

Okay I am laughing I read the BBB response and claiming they don’t base them off Disney attractions or resorts is silly.
Hey, I am all about people finding creative entrepreneurial ideas. Good on you. But call a spade a spade. It’s not all purely coincidental. They are Disney inspired candles. They ARE based on specific Disney locations, attractions or products. You market to Disney audiences on a Disney fan website. It is, what it is.
And what’s funny is by suppressing your review it reached a far more impactful audience.

I keep forgetting you’re not allowed opinions in this current world. Apologies for replying to your thread. It won’t happen again!

Am I not understanding correctly? YOU are the one saying that valid reviews and criticisms should be deleted, and not accounted for because apparently you wouldn’t agree with others until you tried it?

Why have any reviews then?

I'm not arguing with you.

Your response has validated my point. I'm not going to purchase a candle based on whether or not YOU like the smell of it. See? If you and I were standing in Yankee Candle going down the aisle shoving candles in each other's faces to smell them, I'll like a scent that you won't like. It's inevitable, the scents are a subjective opinion, and they always will be. That's all I'll contribute to this thread. Thanks.
When you are buying something through the internet and 18 out of 20 people gave 2 star reviews would you reconsider that scent? Or would you say "I'm still going to buy it because I might like it"?

I'm also guessing the reviews would give details regarding WHY they don't like it so you can decide if it's relevant to you.

I respect your argument; however, the issue remains that consumers make purchases based on customer reviews. If the seller is going to display customer reviews that should include both the good and the bad.

Agreed - I actually purchased a candle from them a long time ago based on the reviews. All the reviews said it smelled just like something at disney world. It didn't - and I agree it wasn't very potent. I just ended up tossing it.

The bad reviews should be posted and the company should respond to those reviews. That shows good customer service and gives them a chance to let customers know how they will address issues.

When you are buying something through the internet and 18 out of 20 people gave 2 star reviews would you reconsider that scent? Or would you say "I'm still going to buy it because I might like it"?

I'm also guessing the reviews would give details regarding WHY they don't like it so you can decide if it's relevant to you.

Right - a candle is supposed to smell like "X" 18 out of 20 people say .... it doesn't smell like "X" at all.

Hrm, guess I'll buy it and see for myself ???

LOL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter