Magic bands

Kingdome8

DIS Veteran
What is everyone doing for magic bands? On the app their is very little selection and like 3 solid color options. I have old ones to use but people going with us don’t. Are people just buying down there? Or can u get solid colors at hotel desk?

The hotel desk can provide cards, but I am not sure they have bands at this point. During my two WDW trips this month, I noticed there are more band options in the parks and gift shops than are available online or through the app right now. But the variety still isn't anywhere near what it used to be.

My trip a few weeks ago, my partner and I used old bands and the family embers meeting us just used the free cards from the front desk of the resort. We had no problems throughout the trip

We just purchased bands our first day. There was very little variety but was easier than using the card they provide

Last I saw(last August), the hotels still sold some solid colors, and there is more of a selection in the parks, stores, and some of the hotel gift shops. I staked out the website daily for a few weeks until we could one we at least liked even if not everyone got the one they loved.

Depending on when you are going, you may want to wait and see if the new bands are offered in time to get one. You could also buy what is available and get a skin off of Etsy or somewhere to customize the band the way that you want. We bought plain colored ones and got skins to make them the kinds we wanted.

I would like to get a little more information on the Magic Mobile just for the purpose of deciding which to use.

1. The way I understand the way it works once added to your Apple Wallet is that you do not even have to unlock the phone? Just using for myself, not the rest of the family.

2. Will the Magic Mobile work if using a thick case on the phone?

1. The way I understand the way it works once added to your Apple Wallet is that you do not even have to unlock the phone? Just using for myself, not the rest of the family.

2. Will the Magic Mobile work if using a thick case on the phone?
1. Yes. Just make sure that "Express Mode" is enabled (which is the default setting).
2. Do you currently use Apple Pay with that case on? If Apple Pay works, MagicMobile should work with that case also.

We just purchased bands our first day. There was very little variety but was easier than using the card they provide
DH wouldn't agree. Due to a mix up, he got a card the first day. A few days later, he decided the card was much better than the MB. That's because my MB malfunctioned at a couple parks, so had to be approved or reset or something by the manager, and yet he always tapped and went. Seems like he was always waiting for me at the entrance to the parks.

What is everyone doing for magic bands? On the app their is very little selection and like 3 solid color options. I have old ones to use but people going with us don’t. Are people just buying down there? Or can u get solid colors at hotel desk?
We've been using old bands and for those that don't have bands, it's just easier to use the free cards or buy one when you arrive if they want more selection. I'm guessing Disney is deciding for us that we don't "need" mb anymore given we'll need to by the MB+.

We've been using old bands and for those that don't have bands, it's just easier to use the free cards or buy one when you arrive if they want more selection. I'm guessing Disney is deciding for us that we don't "need" mb anymore given we'll need to by the MB+.
How old are your bands? Do you find they work fine for checking into rides (with or without Lightning Lane bookings)? We have ones from 2014. I'm thinking magic bands will be very useful for our kids so they just have to swipe their wrist and don't need to carry or pull out their phones/card. So not sure if we need new ones or not. We don't have photo package.

How old are your bands? Do you find they work fine for checking into rides (with or without Lightning Lane bookings)? We have ones from 2014. I'm thinking magic bands will be very useful for our kids so they just have to swipe their wrist and don't need to carry or pull out their phones/card. So not sure if we need new ones or not. We don't have photo package.
All bands work for all touch points. Only ride photos and things with names won't work if the batteries are dead. So you shouldn't have any issues

The last trip we received new bands with our package was 2018 but we've used bands that we have from trips in 2016 too. We do not have any MBs newer than 2018. We've never had any issues tapping in for rides for G+/iLL$ or for extended evening hours when CMs verify your deluxe resort stay.

However, the photo pass linking is spotty so I guess that's the long range RFID not working on some of them. We've found that some of the photos never make it to my app but others do.

A week or two ago I checked and the only solid color left was a not very exciting army green. Today there are no solid options.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter