Magic Bands

Barbruka

Favorite place in the world.
How do I activate a Magic band that I ordered online? Going to parks in two weeks and a regular one is being sent to me right now. But I wanted a different one.

Go into your MDE account and then choose my magic bands. Scroll down and you will see something like “link a magic band” and “don’t see a purchased magic band?” There should be a link button. It should walk you through. You have to enter the number on the back of the band and assign it to someone in your party.
Hope that helps

Go into your MDE account and then choose my magic bands. Scroll down and you will see something like “link a magic band” and “don’t see a purchased magic band?” There should be a link button. It should walk you through. You have to enter the number on the back of the band and assign it to someone in your party.
Hope that helps
I recently did exactly as tseitel describes the process and it works pretty easily, great information!

Is this how you would also activate an old magic band from a previous trip a few years ago? I have about 4 magic bands from previous trips that I could possibly use. How would I know if they still work? TIA

If you are staying at a disney resort, the front desk can link your bands to your account. If you are staying off property, you can go to a customer service window outside the gate of any park, and they can link them.

Is this how you would also activate an old magic band from a previous trip a few years ago? I have about 4 magic bands from previous trips that I could possibly use. How would I know if they still work? TIA

Those previous bands are still attached to your account and active (unless you specifically deactivated them). They will all work for everything except ride photos on those rides where there is no touch point (e.g. 7DMT, POTC). All bands on your account can be used interchangeably. You don't have to specify one of them for a given trip.

Bands DO NOT have any information stored on them. They are merely keys that allow access to your MDE account. While bands do contain a battery, the battery is only used for the aforementioned ride photos and some special features like having your name show up on the screens at the end of IASW. For all the important stuff, no battery is needed, and the bands will be useful until damaged or Disney stops using the technology involved.

Steve

Aren’t they getting rid of the magic bands? I really like them and hope they dont

Aren’t they getting rid of the magic bands? I really like them and hope they dont
As of yet they are not getting rid of magic bands. 2 things have changed. The free magic bands that were given with resort stay now cost $5. In addition to using magic bands, a new option to use your phone instead is available.

At some point MBs may become obsolete but we’re not there yet.

Where is a good place to buy magic bands? My daughter wants avengers or black panther

Where is a good place to buy magic bands? My daughter wants avengers or black panther

Are those Magic Bands that you have seen? Or are you just mentioning fandoms that she likes and you are hoping to find Magic Bands for them?

If you are staying at a Disney hotel, there should be an option in My Disney Experience to buy Magic Bands, but it won't necessarily have what she wants.

I didn't see what she wants on ShopDisney.com

Disney World gift shops sell Magic Bands, but again might not have what she wants.

She seen a b
Are those Magic Bands that you have seen? Or are you just mentioning fandoms that she likes and you are hoping to find Magic Bands for them?

If you are staying at a Disney hotel, there should be an option in My Disney Experience to buy Magic Bands, but it won't necessarily have what she wants.

I didn't see what she wants on ShopDisney.com

Disney World gift shops sell Magic Bands, but again might not have what she wants.
She seen a black panther one but it wasnt on an actual disney site so i wasnt sure...and yeah i looked on myexperience and they had no marvel nothing lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter