Magic Bands Upgrade

Do you have a time on your confirmation email? I am just wondering at what point things started running out/messing up. I had a 724AM on Tuesday the 21st and one of my bands was replaced.

My confirmation email was 6/21 at 6:16 PM and one of the 4 we ordered was out of stock. It's just they didn't tell us that, they just revered it to plain yellow and shipped that.

We have a resort room only starting June 20. In addition, we bought AP's for the first time that we will activate this trip.

Is there any chance that even if we are unable to order the upgraded bands for room only, we could upgrade in person with the AP? Is this only on-line?
I've never heard of anyone being able to do that, and I doubt you can, but you could go to GS and ask. If they gave you one there I suspect/assume it would have to be plain colored and not personalized.

I received mine yesterday(Slinky/Belle) but didn't realize they would come so fast, my trips not until November. Getting them near the trip is so much more exciting then this early, takes the magic away....I figured, we would just choose the ones we wanted, pay then Disney would start shipping as they usually do, nearest trips then we would get ours in October. They didn't think this plan out and as a result, many people are upset/angry and all the CMs have to do the damage control.

Keep us posted. My kid wasn't happy when I told her the special one might not come. I do have another shot in November, though.

I got through!! If you're getting 7 dwarfs and not some other error, it's likely because your order was submitted but not processed and is lost in the system. If you call the 1-800-328-0368 number (and spend one million hours on hold), they'll be able to pull it up and see your order. She flagged mine and sent it over to distribution directly and said that they'd probably take care of it within the next day or two but didn't know whether that would mean fulfilling the order with what I ordered, fulfilling the order with something else, or telling me to start over entirely. She said she'd email or call me as soon as she heard back from them.

In other words, I am not much further than I was 3 hours ago when I made the first phone call, but I may or may not find out sooner or later.

But what is really annoying is that if I had just trusted the confirmation email and not checked here or clicked the "edit order" button just to see what happens, I would have assumed everything was fine and likely wouldn't have figured out anything was wrong until right before my trip when my MagicBands didn't show up.

Wasted another 4 hours of my life trying to upgrade our bands starting at 6:45 am today. Errors, errors and more errors. Now looks like they are already sold out again. Beyond frustrating! We are staying Club Level for the first time in July. Called DSS when they opened at 9:00 am and the very nice CM said she was going to look into the errors I was getting and give me a call back. I have not received a call back yet but at this point I don’t think they would be able to do anything anyway.

Wasted another 4 hours of my life trying to upgrade our bands starting at 6:45 am today. Errors, errors and more errors. Now looks like they are already sold out again. Beyond frustrating! We are staying Club Level for the first time in July. Called DSS when they opened at 9:00 am and the very nice CM said she was going to look into the errors I was getting and give me a call back. I have not received a call back yet but at this point I don’t think they would be able to do anything anyway.
I called DSS over the weekend when we got the wrong band, and the CM checked with his supervisor and told me that someone would be contacting me about getting me the correct one (I can't remember which dept he said would be contacting me, but he did say one. I feel like he said merchandise, but not sure). But he specifically said he didn't have a time frame or know if they would call or email, so since I hadn't heard I went ahead and called MDE on my own today.

I was able to upgrade the 4 of ours this morning. Got the confirmation email at 7:53am for all of them but now when I go in MDE to look it only has a picture of the bands me and DH ordered. The kids are just blank circles, anyone have this happen last week and if so did you receive all the upgraded bands you ordered?

Well I'm done. I'm not getting a personalized one for my August trip. If they get their act together I'll try to get one for my Sepyember trip.

FYI I'm seeing this now on the MB page:
MagicBand UpgradesMagicBand Upgrades
Due to strong popularity, our MagicBand upgrade options are temporarily out of stock. Disney Resort hotel Guests and new and renewing Walt Disney World Annual Passholders may continue to choose from a selection of complimentary solid-color MagicBands. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and are working to replenish our inventory as soon as possible.

I never got a shipping confirmation email from Disney, but the website is showing that mine shipped and it shows the ones I selected for my family as "active" for the accounts I control. USPS says delivery will happen on Friday. Hopefully this won't be a disappointing box with regular color bands.

I was able to upgrade the 4 of ours this morning. Got the confirmation email at 7:53am for all of them but now when I go in MDE to look it only has a picture of the bands me and DH ordered. The kids are just blank circles, anyone have this happen last week and if so did you receive all the upgraded bands you ordered?
From my experience (N of 1) a blank circle will come as the correct band that you ordered. I did also read some others on these threads that had the same experience. All of the ones I read about were the Thanos band, not sure if that is coincidence or if the blank circles had something to do with that actual band. So I would be hopeful that you will get the correct bands that you ordered.
Well I'm done. I'm not getting a personalized one for my August trip. If they get their act together I'll try to get one for my Sepyember trip.
You should still have plenty of time to get upgrade ones for an August trip! It's those of us with June trips that are up against a time crunch. I would think by your deadline they should have finally ironed this out and we'll know how it's going to work for the foreseeable future.

I got through!! If you're getting 7 dwarfs and not some other error, it's likely because your order was submitted but not processed and is lost in the system. If you call the 1-800-328-0368 number (and spend one million hours on hold), they'll be able to pull it up and see your order. She flagged mine and sent it over to distribution directly and said that they'd probably take care of it within the next day or two but didn't know whether that would mean fulfilling the order with what I ordered, fulfilling the order with something else, or telling me to start over entirely. She said she'd email or call me as soon as she heard back from them.

In other words, I am not much further than I was 3 hours ago when I made the first phone call, but I may or may not find out sooner or later.

But what is really annoying is that if I had just trusted the confirmation email and not checked here or clicked the "edit order" button just to see what happens, I would have assumed everything was fine and likely wouldn't have figured out anything was wrong until right before my trip when my MagicBands didn't show up.
Thanks for the tips.
I used the online chat feature, which went a lot quicker than holding on the phone.
They cleared my pending order, and I can now edit my order again, though ALL they have available is the solid colors again. Which is just shocking to me.

How can you offer such a cool perk and have it sell out in just a few days? I think they just really messed up by allowing upgrades to be charged and shipped immediately. Just let me make my order now, so Disney knows what they will need in stock when they ship them to me a month before check-in.

Now this becomes another thing like Fast Passes or Reservations that you feel you need to be on "right away" and check back periodically to make sure you get what you want. *shakes head*

Thanks for the tips.
I used the online chat feature, which went a lot quicker than holding on the phone.
They cleared my pending order, and I can now edit my order again, though ALL they have available is the solid colors again. Which is just shocking to me.

How can you offer such a cool perk and have it sell out in just a few days? I think they just really messed up by allowing upgrades to be charged and shipped immediately. Just let me make my order now, so Disney knows what they will need in stock when they ship them to me a month before check-in.

Now this becomes another thing like Fast Passes or Reservations that you feel you need to be on "right away" and check back periodically to make sure you get what you want. *shakes head*
Wondering if they have a bunch of limited stock items that they planned to sell before bringing in new options vs "printing" new ones of the same patterns. They are probably also holding back some stock to sell at full price in the stores and Shop Disney.

Wondering if they have a bunch of limited stock items that they planned to sell before bringing in new options vs "printing" new ones of the same patterns. They are probably also holding back some stock to sell at full price in the stores and Shop Disney.
When I called and spoke with someone from MDE this morning she said they have a different warehouse from shopdisney, and the stock is fully independent. In other words, even though the band we ordered that went OOS after our order was accepted was available on shop disney, they could't get that one and we had to choose a different one. That does make sense to me, and I'm not surprised, but it does annoy me to know I could get the one I thought I bought by buying it for full price, but not for the reduced price that I thought I had already paid for it!

Just got this email:

We are so excited for your upcoming visit to Walt Disney World® Resort! We hope you are enjoying the planning experience and looking forward to vacationing with us.
We are reaching out about the recent MagicBand order you made through My Disney Experience. Due to strong popularity, fulfillment of your order has been delayed. Thank you for your patience; we are working hard to fulfill your order as soon as possible.
Please accept our sincerest apologies and know that we want to make sure your vacation planning stays on track. Thank you for your understanding and we look forward to seeing you real soon!

Sincerely,
Guest Experience Team
Magic Kingdom, Inc.

Just got this email:

We are so excited for your upcoming visit to Walt Disney World® Resort! We hope you are enjoying the planning experience and looking forward to vacationing with us.
We are reaching out about the recent MagicBand order you made through My Disney Experience. Due to strong popularity, fulfillment of your order has been delayed. Thank you for your patience; we are working hard to fulfill your order as soon as possible.
Please accept our sincerest apologies and know that we want to make sure your vacation planning stays on track. Thank you for your understanding and we look forward to seeing you real soon!

Sincerely,
Guest Experience Team
Magic Kingdom, Inc.
Now this is one of the first things regarding this whole debacle that makes sense! Instead of sending something random, put it on backorder - and let people know what's going on! Hopefully they are also filling orders for people with upcoming trips sooner than those with trips in months, regardless of ordering time.

Now this is one of the first things regarding this whole debacle that makes sense! Instead of sending something random, put it on backorder - and let people know what's going on! Hopefully they are also filling orders for people with upcoming trips sooner than those with trips in months, regardless of ordering time.

^^^ THIS ^^^ All it takes is efficient and effective communication. These should have been going out a LONG time ago. If they would have communicated from the beginning they would have a lot less frustrated and disappointed customers.

It certainly seems like this is not worth the hassle of saving $!4 on the band I want at this point.
Agree .. if I have to keep checking back and constantly worry the bands I want may be "out of stock" .. I'll just order colored ones again.
Would be a lot easier if they just give you a $15 gift card for every band you opt out of. Then just buy them there on-site. Not as magical as getting them in the mail, but at least they wouldn't have to deal with this "sell out".

My main issue is .. when do I "check back" to see if the bands I originally ordered (last Tuesday) are back in stock.
At this point .. I guess I just wait until my vacation is closer and worry about it then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter