Magic Bands/FP+ and Legacy FP (Rumor)

All this uncertainty about FP+ is certainly making planning for my upcoming trip much more difficult and much less fun. I had major problems with scheduling my FP+ when my 60 day window opened on Saturday. The website was so messed up that after an hour and a half I gave up. Most of problems seem to have been resolved after about 48 hours. I scheduled a lot of my FP+s for early evening to take advantage of doing other rides, etc. early and then using the FP+s for the popular rides when it is most crowded. However, if they change the system so that you can get more than 3 FP+s each day as soon as you start using them, then I need to rethink and reschdule my FP+s. All very confusing and frustrating.

I really am excited about my Disney trip and trying to remain positive. The planning is getting overwhelming and frustrating but I know it won't really matter once we arrive at the happiest place on earth . . . or so I keep telling myself. pixiedust:

Having the ability to use paper fast passes while planning to park hop will be a moot point. If you make your 3 FP reservations for the second park in the afternoon you won't be able to use paper fast passes in the morning anyway. People that have been pulling paper fast passes in the morning get returns times of late afternoon or later. If you book your FP for morning and then hop and plan to use paper FP you'll be out of luck because they will all be gone.

Just be thankful you get to book your 3 because a good majority of us will not be ale to obtain more than 1 with a late return time.

Sounds like SoDisney is testing a tiered FASTPASS+ system at Epcot. Starting today or over the weekend.

So upon talking to a family member who works at one of the resorts, the whole not giving KTTW cards is a test phase . My personal view on that is that maybe that they will stop printing for every single person, and maybe just if you request them or one

Seems very possible the legacy FP is on the way out - not sure about "by January" but surely will happen very soon...CM I spoke to last week says they can't say (don't know) what the plans are for beyond 1/5 ... We are going back in Feb & won't be able to make FP+ selections or MB customization until a decision is made - per CM there isn't anything else in place beyond 1/5 really for on property guests in the MDE system. She wasn't sure if more testing, full implementation or what was going to happen beyond early January.

http://m.wdwmagic.com/other/mymagic...-world-swan-and-dolphin-hotels-this-month.htm

Personally curious how the whole system holds up over the holidays...

Sent from my iPhone using DisBoards

I just wish they would finalize this and let us know what is going on! We are booked for the end of February and was told when we booked that MagicBands would be fully rolled out for the resorts before then, so the removal of the paper fast pass machines in January follows that timeline. It does impact our trip though. ...
Hoping they figure it out before then!

We will be there same timeframe. Called about a glitch in MDE & was probing CM for info on FP+ and basically was told I wasn't able to make any FP+ selections or magicband customization or anything bc the system wasn't set up that far out. & CM didn't know when / if the system would be extended ... So She couldn't give me any advice on how to find out when (if) we needed to book FP+ or info on if is get an email or any prompt if any type when my date to book these things rolled around ... Very frustrating phone call for sure! Like you - hope they figure it out before my 60 day window opens!

Sent from my iPhone using DisBoards

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!