Magic Bands coming to Disneyland???

Rich M

DIS Veteran
We are in Star Wars Galaxy Edge and buying one of the special Coke bottles and noticed the cash registers have the magic band scan on the registers. Is magic band coming to Disneyland?

Attachments

• 525CCD43-DCFE-4197-9291-60EAAD8A0C3B.jpeg
    525CCD43-DCFE-4197-9291-60EAAD8A0C3B.jpeg
    97.7 KB · Views: 249

The whole magic band garbage can stay at WDW.

Agree 100%. I love having a separate card for my hotel room, another paper card that I have to carry around for all my family members and pull out every time we use Fastpass, then put away again hoping I don't lose it, and I hate the way WDW does automatic Photopass pics on rides with the MagicBand...said no one ever. Plus, the MagicBand is in no way a cool souvenir after the trip. It's just another piece of garbage that goes in the trash (again...said no one ever).

Agree 100%. I love having a separate card for my hotel room, another paper card that I have to carry around for all my family members and pull out every time we use Fastpass, then put away again hoping I don't lose it, and I hate the way WDW does automatic Photopass pics on rides with the MagicBand...said no one ever. Plus, the MagicBand is in no way a cool souvenir after the trip. It's just another piece of garbage that goes in the trash (again...said no one ever).
Magic bands mean I don’t have to fumble through my pockets or bag for park tickets or room keys. It’s just convenient.

Then maybe you should not come to Disneyland if getting all of those cards in and out of your wallet is too exhausting. We'll just have to soldier on without you.

I would love it if Magic Bands came here to Disneyland! It takes SO long to get through the turnstiles at park opening at Disneyland, with the Magic Band kiosks at WDW, it takes no time! Just scan the band and then your fingerprint and you're through. No waiting for people's tickets to print, no waiting for them to take people's pictures. SO much easier at WDW! And also people take so long at the fast pass kiosks to get their tickets out or bring up their fastpasses on their phone. I have my pass in a lanyard around my neck that is convenient to scan, but I have to wait behind the people who don't know how it works yet. Magic Bands are a lot more intuitive for people, I think.

Then maybe you should not come to Disneyland if getting all of those cards in and out of your wallet is too exhausting. We'll just have to soldier on without you.

Lack of MB won't stop me from going, but why in the world would anyone NOT want MB's? Just so convenient. Name one downside, just so I can even begin to understand your comment.

Lack of MB won't stop me from going, but why in the world would anyone NOT want MB's? Just so convenient. Name one downside, just so I can even begin to understand your comment.

Honestly, hes just being needlessly rude so I wouldn't pay him any mind.

I personally love magic bands and not having to worry about do i have this or that. It adds to that vacation feel. I could see that fitting in less at DLR though since its more of a locals park.

I guess my only issue is that I automatically equate MB with the FP+ system, and I just don’t want to schedule a measly 3 FP a day, six months in advance, with the hope that maybe I can score a 4th if I’m lucky. I much prefer the MaxPass system, and as others have pointed out, it makes a lot more sense for the compact layout and local demographics of SoCal. If they could have them without implementing the FP+ system, it would be nice.

I guess my only issue is that I automatically equate MB with the FP+ system, and I just don’t want to schedule a measly 3 FP a day, six months in advance, with the hope that maybe I can score a 4th if I’m lucky. I much prefer the MaxPass system, and as others have pointed out, it makes a lot more sense for the compact layout and local demographics of SoCal. If they could have them without implementing the FP+ system, it would be nice.

There were previous discussions about having MB at Disneyland and it seemed as though people were against it mainly because they equate it to the FP+ system. Strangely I don't associate MB with FP+ system but rather I just see it as a wristband that allows me to get into the park, into the room, room charge, and grab ride photos much easier.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!