Magic Bands and FP+

It seems there is a massive glitch in the system. It ha been reported those selected for trials at certain resorts have received an e mail. However, the pages they can see on MDE can mistakenly be seen by many other people who have been ordering their magic bands and pre booking FP plus. One such person received this info direct by calling Disney. It is unclear if they will honour those caught by the glitch. Suggested not.

Use the website if you have access. It works much better than the app for customizing your bands! Don't get stuck with gray!

Which website are you using?

I binged my Disney experience but i cannot access the American website. Using a proxy i could see it but didn't want to enter my details using an unsafe proxy.

Which makes no sense right?

"Right then I've done my 3 FP+ I could stay in the park and spend more money but you know what? Given that I cannot get on a ride with anymore original FP's well hang it we may as well just go to the pool and have supper off-site somewhere!"

That's my prediction LOL

well it makes no sense to me, but who am i???

one thing i'm not clear on...

i think that you're limited to the 3 FPs when reserving in advance..

however, i'm not sure if you're limited on the same day...

that is, if you're already in the park and you go online to the app, and if there are FPs available, are you able to book them?

or is that 3 FPs the absolute maximum no matter what?

probably the latter...

i just upgraded the second half of our stay (we arrive twice, with a cruise in the middle)
so i told the CM that we'd been selected...
and he got all excited..
but then i told him i wasn't opting to use it...
so he laughed...
i said the fact that i'm not using it, though it was offered to me, is also information for them....i'm sure i'm not the only one who isn't opting for it..

I for one don't like the idea of this, our holidays to disney world have always been spontaneous in the respect that we wake up in the morning and decide where we want to go! Booking fast pass tickets in advance won't work for us at all, as I hate feeling restricted to doing certain places on certain days! I guess we will be joining normal queue lines and hoping for the best!!

I for one don't like the idea of this, our holidays to disney world have always been spontaneous in the respect that we wake up in the morning and decide where we want to go! Booking fast pass tickets in advance won't work for us at all, as I hate feeling restricted to doing certain places on certain days! I guess we will be joining normal queue lines and hoping for the best!!

i agree...
when i first heard about it, i thought it might be a good idea - in theory..
you would be guaranteed a ride on the big attractions, etc.

but now that i've actually been offered the opportunity to do it, i'm not all that thrilled by the concept..
i really can't figure out where i'll be at any given moment...
we also like to be spontaneous...at least to an extent...

this is just way too regimented for me...

and i have to wonder about first time visitors...how are they going to have any sort of clue as to when to schedule each thing, if i can't figure it out after 50+ visits...

i agree...
when i first heard about it, i thought it might be a good idea - in theory..
you would be guaranteed a ride on the big attractions, etc.

but now that i've actually been offered the opportunity to do it, i'm not all that thrilled by the concept..
i really can't figure out where i'll be at any given moment...
we also like to be spontaneous...at least to an extent...

this is just way too regimented for me...

and i have to wonder about first time visitors...how are they going to have any sort of clue as to when to schedule each thing, if i can't figure it out after 50+ visits...

Very true this will only be my 3rd time, but I didn't have a clue the first time, kind of went in blind folded, but the fast pass system was really easy to use! Now it would just blow my brains! Even though I've been a couple of times! Really not liking the magic band at all!

we are going in 30 days and i have no idea what this is ?? do i have to sign up for it ? will we not be able to just use normal fast pass tickets when we are there in august ??

i have no internet phone or tablet either so clueless about apps etc

I am glad i going back to the world next year but i am totally confused on the whole fastpass+ thing and the american side of this site is really confusing so in the upcoming months i may be asking questions on how and what i need to do to fully make sure i understand fastpass+

we are going in 30 days and i have no idea what this is ?? do i have to sign up for it ? will we not be able to just use normal fast pass tickets when we are there in august ??

i have no internet phone or tablet either so clueless about apps etc

There is another testing phase to take place in August which is by 'invitation' and Disney is clear that participants in this (who have the option to decline the offer to be part of the test) are participating in testing of the new system. It is extremely unlikely that this will be fully rolled out by the time you go and given the issues they are having even with such a small number of guests in the testing stages, I'd say it's fair to wager a 0% chance that you will be compelled to use it next month or that it will even be available to the general public.

It sounds like they are aiming for October sometime, but there is really nothing concrete to go on and it's possible it will be even later.

FP as you know it should still be up and running when you visit so it looks like your timing is good :)

So do you think this will end up a money making sceme, like Legoland have done over here?
Legoland now have 3 or 4 tiers for their version of fastpass .... all payable at different rates pp.... I am very local and have not renewed our annual passes since they rolled out that system.
I hope it will not become a class based system when only the very rich will be able to afford to use the Fastpass+

I also wonder if there will be the option to use FP OR FP+ indefinitely... or whether we will all be forced to use the FP+ ??

Ordinary FP is to be phased out :(

That is frustrating!!:confused3

Especially if they keep it at 3FP+ ..... we are looking at booking our 3rd visit, but DH likes to be a bit spontaneous..... I shall be keeping a close eye on the feedback on here, to try to understand how best to use them. :worried:

I hope it will not become a class based system when only the very rich will be able to afford to use the Fastpass+

It is very much going to be a class based system. Rumors and speculation have it, reading between the lines of official information, that deluxe guests will get more than moderate guests, who will get more than value guests .... etc.

I wish they would just go and release the official information to let us plan and get on with it!

Who else thinks that the irony of all this "We have to plan so far ahead" actually has a flip side of preventing anyone not going in the next couple of months from planning at all?!! For example, all signs are pointing to EMH being eradicated at some point in the not too distant future. Previously I've happily used the last year's park hours to make a rough plan while waiting for the current ones for my next trip to be released. But as someone who uses both morning and evening EMH and builds a trip around it, and utilizes FP as a very integral part of my touring plan, the lack of information is ironically preventing me from even doing that!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter