Magic Aug 27th 7 night Med Kids/Teens Thread

Hi everybody,

Grace - When you have sailed before have you sailed Disney or another cruise line? I have sailed Disney:goodvibes, Princess:goodvibes, Celebrity:goodvibes, Royal Caribbean:sad2:, and Carnival:sad2:. I liked all of them except Carnival and Royal Caribbean. However, my family is going to give Royal Caribbean another try right after the Disney Cruise because several people have told us that our bad experience was an unusual fluke. It is neat that we both love reading. Also while I do not like roller skating as much I love roller blading. What is your favorite movie. I do not know if I could pick a favorite, however, I like a lot of musicals and movies that make you think. I just watched the Matrix last night and really enjoyed it. It is a fascinating movie. I could not pick one favorite book, however, some of my favorite authors are Robert A. Heinlein, Robin McKinley, Christopher Paloni, J. k. Rolling, Eliyaha M. Goldratt, and many many more. I tend to read 11 or 12 books a week and am constantly discovering new books and authors that I love. I read pretty much any genre except horror and romance. Do you have a favorite book? If so what is it?

Tiffany - My family also always gets dressed up for pirate night. I am working on sewing our pirate costumes now. I am not taking any princess costumes, however, I will be getting dressed up for dinner each night and have formaler wear for formal and Semi-Formal Night

QOTW - Peanuts/Sausages (can't decide)

Song - Who's That Girl

Dinner - I still have to think about it but I will eventually get something up.

Hi it is my 3rd Disney cruise if i had to choose a book it would be Iggy and me. you probobly do not know the book.Here are some of my favourite authors: Jeff Kinney,J.K.Rowling Lauren Child. :rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow:.My favourite kind of books are adventure:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Hi Everybody,

Grace - Welcome to this thread. My name is Rio (I am Marika's little brother and posting from her account because I am too young to have my own). I am 12 years old. My hobbies are dancing, singing, performing, and everything else theatre related. It is nice meeting you.

Tiffany - We should definitely have a meet up. I like Marika's idea or doing something the second day. I always get dressed up for pirate night. It is really fun.

Song Title Game: Brown Eyed Girl-Van Morrison

Rio:mickeybar

Hi Marika, as promised I have been collecting as many Girl Guiding centenary badges as I can for you! I have about ten and will bring them for you on the cruise. My boys are extremely shy, and probably won't want to hang out with you guys all that much, so we will be spending a lot of time together as a family, and they won't be at kids club so much. Speaking of which, I notice a thread about being booked into kids club? You have me worried now! Do we have to pre book, or can we do it when on board?
I'll keep checking on here to see when you guys decide to meet up, ill bring the boys along, (and the badges!) Our Rangers are off to London this weekend to see 'Wicked!' I can't wait!!!!!!:banana:

DisneyBrits-Thank you, for finding some Girl Guiding Badges. It will be really neat to look at them. As said I will bring my vests to show you as well. I love it whenever I have a chance to connect with other scouts and guides from around the world.

It is fine that your boys are shy. There is no rule requiring them to hang out with us. Spending time together is always important for my family too because my father travels a lot. In my opinion DCL has the best kid's clubs out there, however, they are definitely not for everybody. On the past several cruises I have been on (Disney and others) I have not so much s set foot in the kid's club. However, even if the kid's clubs are not for you Disney always has something for everyone.

No worries about registering for the kid's clubs. It is a fairly simple process. If I am correct your boys will be 4 and 6 on the cruise. If so they will both fall into the same group. The will be able to visit two different clubs, the Oceaneer Club (http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/ships-activities/ships/magic/youth-clubs/oceaneer-club/) and the Oceaneer Lab (http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/ships-activities/ships/magic/youth-clubs/oceaneer-lab/). Both are for ages 3-10. You have a few options for registering the boys: you can pre-register them online, register them at the port in the cruise ship terminal, or register them onboard at either the Club or the Lab (both are located deck 5, midship). You will also always need to be there to drop them of and pick them up they cannot come or leave on their own. You will be given a beeper so that you can be reached in case if something happens or they decide that they want to leave. It really is all very well set up and easy to navigate so I would not stress about it.

We will probably will decide on a meet up approximately one month out. It will almost certainly be on the first day and very likely directly after the muster drill (an easy time to remember). I was planning on recommending meeting up for ice cream on deck.

I am so jealous that you get to see Wicked. We saw it on the West End when we visited London last September and it was far and beyond the best theatrical production that I have ever seen. It was truly amazing. Have you seen it before? What else are you doing in London? Have a great time and enjoy the show. You will have to post about it after you get back.

Song Title Game: Can You Feel It-The Jackson 5

DisneyBrits- Have an awesome time at Wicked. It is a great show.

These are logic puzzles. Mrs Scully feeds them to us regularly & I decided to give you all a try...

1. The ages of a certain father and son are the same digits but reversed. Nine years ago the father was twice as old as his son. How old are they now?

2. Divide 45 pencils between Steve, Trevor, Bob & Harry so that the following is possible: if you give Steve 2 more, take 2 away from Trevor, multiply what Bob had by 2 & divide what Harry had by 2, everyone would have the same number of pencils. How many does everybody have at the start?

I'm sorry if they are a bit hard but these were randomly picked. Next time there might be easier ones or harder ones.

JOSH

Hi everybody,

It is probably about time to decide on a meet up for all of us. My suggestion would be to have a meet up on Deck 9 by Goofy's Galley (poolside restaurant that serves mainly fruit and soft serve ice cream) directly after the muster drill. So that we could find each other I could carry a sign that says Dis Kid's Meet Up or something similar. What do you all think? Are there any other suggestions? Also the adult thread planned to meet up in the Promenade Lounge around 1400 or 1430 so we might run into each other there too. Once we decide on a meet up I will post it on the adult thread as well so that even some of the kid's who have not posted here much but who have parents who post on the adult thread can learn about it.

Josh - It is a great idea to post logic puzzles. I love them. I will definitely have to have a look at them. Unfortunately, it is rather late here and I am tired. Hopefully, I will have a chance to look at them tomorrow. Again, it really is an awesome idea and Mrs. Scully sounds like the best teacher.

hey,

Marika I love the idea to meet by the ICE CREAM:thumbsup2 but it probably will be crowded so the Promenade Lounge is also a possibility. I also like the idea to meet after the muster drill :thumbsup2.

I finally got around to looking at the logic problems. Sorry, that it took so long. Here are the answers:

1. Dad: 63, Son: 36

2. Steve: 8, Trevor: 12, Bob: 5, Harry: 20

Hi everybody,

Here are some more logic puzzles to try:

1. A man and a woman's ages total 98. He is twice as old as she was the day he was the age she is today. Find their present ages.

2. What occurs once in every minute, twice in every moment, yet never in a thousand years?

3. Before Mount Everest was discovered, what was the highest mountain on Earth?

4. Captain Frank and some of the boys were exchanging old war stories. Art Bragg offered one about how his grandfather led a battalion against a German division during World War I. Through brilliant maneuvers he defeated them and captured valuable territory. After the battle he was presented with a sword bearing the inscription "To Captain Bragg for Bravery, Daring and Leadership.
World War One. From the Men of Battalion 8." Captain Frank looked at Art and said, "You really don't expect anyone to believe that yarn, do you?" What's wrong with the story?

5. What is one thing that all wise men, regardless of their religion or politics, agree is between heaven and earth?

6. Why are 1990 American Dollar bills worth more than 1989 American Dollar bills?

7. How many times can you subtract the number 5 from 25?

8. How could you rearrange the letters in the words "new door" to make one word?

9. Which is correct to say, "The yolk of the egg are white" or "The yolk of the egg is white"?

10. In Okmulgee, Oklahoma, you cannot take a picture of a man with a wooden leg. Why not?

Good Luck.

1. I don't know

2. the letter m

3. K2

4. World War I was not called World War I until World War II

5. not all wise men believe in Heaven

6. because it is more money

7. infinity

8. one word

9. neither, the yolk of the egg is yellow

10. I don't know

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter