Magic 7/8-7/13 ~ We're heading to Canada, eh? COMPLETED: 9/1/12

Loving your TR! Thanks so much. I sail with my DS7 in one week! We are really looking forward to the trip, so thanks for the details!

We woke up bright and early today! We turned on the TV and tuned into the bridge cam, we were pulling into the port of St. John, NB :boat:.
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

We had no real plans again today so we took our time heading up to breakfast. We opted to eat at Topsiders this morning so DH could have a freshly prepared your way omelet. Immediately after breakfast we went to the room to grab our cameras and passports and headed to the gangway to go and explore St. John :woohoo:.
We were overwhelmed by the friendly welcome we received in the terminal. I was gifted a rose, DH was gifted a lapel pin and DD was gifted a small Canadian flag pixiedust:.
ry%3D400

We were also given maps of the area and was told where the nearest Tim Horton’s was.
ry%3D400

THAT was music to my ears! I looooooooooooooooove Tim Horton’s :banana:. The closest one to us at home is 20 minutes away! We put our gifts into the backpack and started to head down the road. I wanted to get some good shots of the Magic while she was in port. We walked down through the little market area where locals were selling different wares. We ended up buying some locally made honey and chatted with the sellers for a few minutes. Come to find out, they head down to our area for some good outlet shopping!
ry%3D400

After we bought the honey we continued down the boardwalk area where I was able to get some shots of the Magic.
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Once I had gotten the shots I wanted, we went into Market Square.
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

This was like a small shopping mall which housed the public library as well.
ry%3D400

This is where we found Tim Horton’s! Finally, some good coffee (sorry Disney!)! While I enjoyed my coffee and cookie, DD enjoyed some Tim Bits and DH went to find some Red Bull.
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

We made a couple phone calls home and then decided to go explore downtown St. John. We left Market Square and wandered up the street.
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

We then happened upon Freak Lunchbox.
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

I had heard about Freak Lunchbox on the DIS :disrocks: so I told DH we had to head in. He had no qualms about it because he saw it was a candy store! The three of us had fun in this store! I got some Sweethearts, DH got a lot of stuff and DD got a Cars Pez dispenser. We continued up the street and ended up in a public park.
ry%3D400

We let DD run around and let off some steam as there really isn’t any place for her to do that on the ship.

Lunch time was coming up so we decided to get DD a Happy Meal at the McDonald’s in the mall. We enjoyed sitting and resting while she devoured her meal.
ry%3D400

Once she finished we went to check out the little science shop in the Mall and then headed back toward the port. We saw a sign for cupcakes and, we of course, had to follow the sign :rotfl2:! We happened upon Piece O’ Cake bakery and immediately started drooling! We grabbed a Cookies and Cream cupcake and a Dream Filled cupcake :lovestruc.
We left the shop and decided to head back on board so DD could get her nap in. Before we put DD for a nap we decided that she should at least be able to swim in the Mickey pool just once this cruise! The weather on the last sea day was cold and foggy so the pool wasn’t very appealing! Once she was changed and ready to swim we went up to deck 9 and she stepped right in. She announced that it was COLD! :scared1:
ry%3D400

At this point she was alone in the Mickey pool, but a few minutes later there were a few other little girls who came to swim. DD was so excited to have someone to swim with. :banana:
ry%3D400

While DD swam DH and I got some lunch. I decided to try a taco from Pluto’s Dog House. It was okay, but, not what I’m used to. DH opted for Topsiders as it was a seafood buffet today. We ate our lunch while DD splashed around. I spent some time sitting on the edge of the pool watching DD and a few minutes later DH brought over a Corona and told me to go and enjoy some quiet time in the Quiet Cove. What a guy! :love: I got to relax here for a half an hour before I saw DH and DD walking through to get back to the cabin.
ry%3D400

DH told me to stay and he’d put her for a nap, but, I had had enough sun at this point and joined them. :beach:
We devoured the cupcakes in the room before she fell asleep and then decided to relax while she napped.
ry%3D400

DH watched a movie and I read more of my book. Tonight was Pirate Night so we wanted to be rested so we could enjoy the nights festivities!
5:00 was quickly approaching and we were planning to meet Stitch at 5:15. Stitch is DD’s absolute favorite character, we couldn’t miss it! She was not very happy to be woken from her nap, but, once we got to deck 4 and she saw Hook and Smee her attitude changed!
ry%3D400

We got in line for Stitch and then she spotted him coming down the stairs. She was BESIDE herself! She clutched her stuffed Stitch and waited for her turn to meet him.
DD’s turn finally came and she couldn’t stop smiling! Stitch was so excited to see that she had a mini Stitch!
ry%3D400

He gave her a lot of hugs and posed for pictures.
ry%3D400

She was on cloud nine! :cloud9: We then quickly got in line for Chip & Dale so that we could get ready for dinner. The line moved quickly and soon Chip and Dale were welcoming DD with open arms. They played with her hair, hugged her and posed for pictures. It was a riot!
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

We dashed to the room to change for dinner and went to Lumiere’s. It’s not a very piratey restaurant, but, our servers wasted no time slapping our bandanas on our heads! DD opted for a Fairy cup with a light up Tinkerbell and we enjoyed our dinner. I can’t remember exactly what DH had that night but I know I had the chicken and it was VERY spicy! I wasn’t a fan of this menu.
After dinner we saw Hook and Smee were back out so we got in line so DD could meet him. She did tell us she needed a sword so she could fight Capt. Hook!
ry%3D400

After she met Hook and Smee, we went to change into our Pirate Night pirate: shirts I had made and went to meet Capt. Sparrow.
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

DH was the Skipper, I was the First Mate and DD was "The Millionaire", lol.
Right after we met Capt. Sparrow, we went to the theater to see the ventriloquist. We all enjoyed the show, even DD. :thumbsup2
By this time we were ready to head up to the Pirate Deck Party. It was also very foggy and we were wondering if the show would go on. But, not before we put on some jeans and a sweatshirt because it. was. COLD. :worried: We also busted out all of our glow necklaces and we were ready to go! We got up to deck 9 and the party was already in full swing. DD started dancing as soon as her feet hit the floor! We were having a great time and then that Captain Hook thought he was going to take over the show. Well, Mickey came to show him who was really in charge of the show! :cool1: Mickey didn’t end up swinging into the party because of the weather conditions but he got the fireworks started. They were AMAZING! We loved the show!
Fireworks Video
By this time it was VERY late and we went right to bed. Even though the turkey legs smelled delicious!

Yep! I found the images on the DISigns board and added the lettering myself.

Enjoying your TR and pics! Your little one is adorable. :-) We are on the Magic to Canada on 9/2, & reading your thread has certainly helped to ramp the excitement.

Your Palo server Yelena ... Was she from Serbia by any chance? Tall with short brown hair?

Enjoying your TR and pics! Your little one is adorable. :-) We are on the Magic to Canada on 9/2, & reading your thread has certainly helped to ramp the excitement.

Your Palo server Yelena ... Was she from Serbia by any chance? Tall with short brown hair?

Yes, that was Yelena! She was great and so sweet!

Yes, that was Yelena! She was great and so sweet!

Thanks! We ere wondering if there two Yelenas! We knew her from the Magic in 2008, and then the Dream in 2011. Will certainly request her if she is still aboard next week. :)

Looking forward to more of your report!

I will also be on the 9/2 Magic trip and I really enjoyed reading this. My DD is the same age as yours. I hope she doesn't have any major meltdowns, but you never know.

I'd recommend our dining room staff, but Ana was leaving for vacation the week after we disembarked!

Today was a sea day and sadly, it was our last day on board the Magic. We took our time getting ready this morning and opted to eat at Topsiders again. As we were leaving Topsiders we noticed the weather was cold an foggy again, yet another bad pool day. :rolleyes:
ry%3D400

As we were walking to the shops we saw that the Princess meet was in full swing and Princess Tiana had no line! We jumped right in and DD met her first princess! princess: :wave2:
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

After, we went to Shutters to choose the photos for our package. As we were checking out Snow White was coming through and said a quick hello to DD. :thumbsup2
It was then that I realized that we were missing our Donald Duck pin from our lanyard. We had gotten it at Downtown Disney last year. :sad2: We retraced our steps and sound the back to the pin in Shutters. We scoured Shutters and asked the Cast Members if they had found it. No such luck. With heavy hearts we continued to the shops were we were going to get some gifts for the family and some more pins. As we started walking across the tile floor we heard a clicking noise. DH soon discovered that Donald was with us all along! He was stuck to the bottom of DHs sneaker! :rotfl2: :thumbsup2
After buying some t-shirts, pins and antenna toppers we went back to the room to drop them off.
ry%3D400

We then went up to the secret verandah on deck 7. We were enjoying the last few hours of vacation!
ry%3D400

We were starting to get hungry so we went up to Topsiders again to have lunch.
We chose Topsiders again and had a great meal. We finished our lunch and then went to the Atrium for the Character Dance Party! DH wasn’t feeling so well, so he went to get some air while DD and I danced with the Fab 5, Max, Stitch and Chip & Dale. DD had so much fun! She got to dance with Minnie and Stitch, she was in heaven! pixiedust:
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

We met DH back in the room who was feeling better and said he went to Guest Services to straighten out something with the on board account and just got back. We then got our snacks ready so we could head to the Buena Vista Theater to see Brave! We were very excited as this was going to be DD’s first time seeing a movie in a theater! We were also excited because the movie was still in theaters back home!
We got to the theater and settled in. The previews rolled within 10 minutes and we really, really enjoyed the movie. By this time DD was beginning to tire so we let her take a nap. While she napped, we packed up our things so we could put our luggage out in order to enjoy the rest of our evening. DD woke up and we got ready to head to our last dinner on board.
Tonight’s dinner was in Animator’s Palate. It was the Till We Meet again dinner. Shame on me, because I don’t really remember what we ate! At this point, the ship was rocking and I wasn’t feeling so hot! Fortunately the food at dinner cured that and we were able to enjoy the rest of the evening. It was then we said our good-byes to Ana, Richard and Neno. Though, we would be seeing them in the morning. Richard had taken some photos of DD eating her last Mickey bar and one of us. :)
These were all taken by Richard:
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

He explained that he loves to take photos, especially of his kids when they eat something messy! He showed us a picture of himself with his wife and two sons. It must be so hard to be apart for so long! :guilty: They then did their parade of nations complete with baked alaska, yum! When they were finished, we snapped a shot of DD with Ana and Richard and said good-bye.
ry%3D400

We decided to go and see Dreams in the theater. Another amazing show! DD loved seeing all of her favorite characters on stage! She also loved the music too! We decided to skip the Till We Meet Again show in the atrium as we had an early breakfast to be at. We got back to the room and I put in for a wake up call. After DH ordered some room service and we enjoyed the last Mickey Bars of the cruise. :sad1:
ry%3D400

I could go for a Mickey bar right about now. mmmmmm

I am so excited to say that I am now booked on the magic for Sept. Not out of NYC, but it stil lwill be great fun!
I am loving all your pictures of al lthe great fun you had.

I could go for a Mickey bar right about now. mmmmmm

I am so excited to say that I am now booked on the magic for Sept. Not out of NYC, but it stil lwill be great fun!
I am loving all your pictures of al lthe great fun you had.

I'd love a daily Mickey bar....

We loved the Magic. Such a nice ship. It was definitely a change of pace for us as we have only ever cruise Royal.

Before I knew it, Mickey was on the phone telling us to get up and enjoy the day! What Mickey didn’t understand was that there was no enjoyment to be had. Today we had to disembark the Magic! :rolleyes1
ry%3D400

We all got ready very quickly and went to Animator’s Palate for breakfast with our favorite servers. We were sure to take some pictures with them and once we finished breakfast they wished us a safe return home. It was really coming to an end...:sad2:
We walked down to Studio Sea where we waited for the Donald tag to be called. We waited about 20 minutes and then Donald came up on the screen. We made our way down to the gangway and walked right off of the ship. We spotted our luggage quickly and waited in the customs line for about 10 minutes. Once through we waited for the elevator up to the parking lot.
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

We got to the lot, packed up the Jeep and began our ride home.
ry%3D400

We absolutely loved our time aboard the Magic and would love to take another Disney cruise again! :cloud9::woohoo::cheer2::wave2:

I hope you all enjoyed my report of the NYC>Canada Magic cruise. We loved this cruise and hope to sail Disney again in the future. If you have any questions post them here and I'll try to respond as soon as I can. School starts Tuesday so I won't have much time to DIS anymore!

That last day just sucks doesn't it. But it sounds like you had a fabulous cruise.

Thanks for posting your TR. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Your DD is a doll.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!