Magic 11/20/04 Thanksgiving Cruisers?

Originally posted by WMILLER86
RE: Weather in Cozumel in Nov-Dec

I was in Cozumel and Playa Del Carmen this past Christmas, and the weather was mid 80's and beautiful! We snorkeled, I made a dive trip, and we swam on the beaches. The water should be even a little warmer in November. I loved the 2 days there.

I was actually surprised that I enjoyed Mexico so much. But the local citizens we met were very friendly,helpful, and polite. Much better than some cities in the U.S.! Although in fairness, most U.S. tourist cities I have found to be much more friendly than non-tourist cities. I guess when your main industry is getting people to come visit you, the hospitality gets more widespread! No matter what country you are in.
I know that in nearby Houston, when they were hosting this years Super Bowl, there was a widespread effort to make locals more "tourist friendly" . The slogan was something like "Hey Houston, we have company coming!"
OK, I will quit rambling on about this. Just something I found interesting about travelling!

Willie

That is a very interesting perspective, Willie!

Hey Willie I guess our DDs have hooked up on line........do ya think they are talking about us? LOL

Well, it's nice to know that even though my DS doesn't seem to have any guys his age on the cruise, at least there will be Willie and Lampskies with whom he can talk sports. :thewave:

About 6 weeks ago the testosterone must have kicked in because all he's done everyday since is come home from school, turn on the TV and watch sports. It doesn't matter if it's sportscenter, hockey, baseball, basketball...a current game or one from the past...he's watching sports. It may be my own fault since I introduced him to hockey as a Christmas present. Since DH is not a sports fan at all...okay, he did enjoy the hockey game, too...but we gave DS DirectTV with a Tivo in his bedroom for his 12th birthday last Saturday. It was finally installed today and he's been there ever since...watching sports! and recording car shows.
:earseek: What's a momma to do?

And as for those Miller Lites....save one for me! I do enjoy a nice cold one once in a while. :drinking1 Can't say I've ever been a fan of Bloody Marys...always been a rum girl myself.

I had not realized either that we are at the 6 months mark....I feel a little dance coming on...:cool1: I can hardly contain my happiness! I've gotten over the fact that we will not be heading to KW thanks to all of the wonderful posts about CC.

Have a magical weekend!
Laura ºoº

Originally posted by LAMPSKIES
Hey Willie I guess our DDs have hooked up on line........do ya think they are talking about us? LOL

I did not know they were "talking" yet! Shows how much I know!
I gave Hayley the email address, but she is kind of shy, so I did not know if she would write. I am really glad they are communicating. It just seems like it would be easier for anyone to sort of know someone ahead of time.

They are probably making plans to dump us, and have fun on their own! The nerve of them! My daughter lives in constant fear that the old man will actually dance in front of her friends. I have tried to explain that disco dancing is still in style in some countries.....Oh well, long live the Bee Gees.

Hey Laura, your son can explain hockey to me! We just got a minor league team here in Beaumont. I have not yet been to a game, but I am going next season. Ice skating is not too big here, obviously! ( We are east of Houston, Texas.)

Willie

Ya Willie I didn't get out of her how much they have chatted, but I hold her I gave out the e mail addy and she just said "ya, we talked to each other". 14 yos?!?!?!?! Last sailing 11/30/03 Eastern she spent much time in the internet cafe'. You know keeping in touch back home. We've done 3 sailings and they haven't spent any time in the kids clubs.....with they age difference 14 and 12 now the were going to be seperated.

Everybody must have been gone this weekend. We went to Cedar Point Ohio with our R.V. Hope all had a good holiday!!!!!!!

Hi everyone!

Hope you all had a wonderful holiday!

We just got back Sunday evening from Disney World. We spend 5 nights at the Beach Club Villas and 2 nights at Saratoga Springs. It was the most wonderful vacation we've ever had!

Now I can concentrate on some serious cruise planning! :teeth: Can't wait to meet you all in person!

We just booked a cat 11 for my MIL and a cat 8 for us.

We are:
Teresa (ME)
DH
DS 16
DS 12
MIL

This is our second disney cruise, and cannot wait! Did I read somewhere that the ship will be decorated for Christmas:earseek: That would be Awesome!:bounce:

Hello everyone!

We, too, are recently back from a mini vacation...went to Gatlinburg where we actually relaxed.

Silver7, you have a son going on the cruise who is 12? I will tell my DS who is also 12...will be 12 1/2 when we cruise. Up till now he was the lone young man on the board.

Hope everyone has a great weekend...we're back to the busy schedule here...rushing to music lessons as I type.

Laura ºoº

Silver7........this will be our 4th sailing. Our last two were the week after Thanksgiving and the ship IS decorated for that sailing. Someone posted earlier that our first stop at CC will not be decorated but it will be on the return!!:bounce: :bounce:

Welcome aboard Silver7!

I am just down the road from you. We live just outside Beaumont.
I read some reviews from this past years Thanksgiving cruise that Castaway Cay is not decorated on the first stop(Sunday) but that it is very decorated on the second stop.(Friday)
I also saw some photos somewhere that showed many of the decorations, both ship and CC, and in Disney fasion, they were pretty great!

Reminder, if anyone wants to sign up for the Dis Meet at Palo we are trying to set up, please sign on Melodys web page under the Dis Meet link.

Willie

I must be honest here, I have been looking and looking and searching searching for decent flight prices and have not been having any luck here. I've searched for flights leaving from three possible airports and going into either MCO or SFB AND trying leaving on Friday or Saturday and coming home on Saturday or Sunday. The prices are ASTRONOMICAL! I'm guessing it is because of the Thanksgiving holiday?

If I don't find a flight price for us around the $200 a person mark, we may not be able to make this cruise! Keep your fingers crossed for us!!!

Crsndsny......I booked out of Gary/Chicago airport 138.00 round trip!! They fly out of Allentown PA., Colubus Ohio, Nuburg PA.....www.flyseal.com

Originally posted by LAMPSKIES
Crsndsny......I booked out of Gary/Chicago airport 138.00 round trip!! They fly out of Allentown PA., Colubus Ohio, Nuburg PA.....www.flyseal.com

Thanks for the try, LAMPSKIES, but I already tried that airline. A couple of factors that would make that not work:
1 - they only depart for SFB at 12:20 in the afternoon, which means we'd have to leave Friday.
2 - They only depart SFB for AVP at 8:45am which means we'd have to leave for home on Sunday.

This would add two extra days to our trip which we can't be away for. :( The price is decent (about $218 - $249 a person).

If you think of any other airlines, please pass them along. I appreciate your help!

It looks like our only hope will be with Southwest Air out of Phila. They have fares as low as $79 one way, but are only released up to October 29th.

Please cross your fingers everyone!

We are self employed(Insurance Agency), so we usually have to travel Thanksgiving, Christmas, etc. So we are used to the high air costs. It is really difficult to find good rates around Thanksgiving. We are paying about $400 pp to fly this year from Beaumont. We could save some by flying out of Houston, but it is an hour and a half drive, plus parking is free at our local airport.
I agree that it stinks that the air prices are so high around the holidays. Supply and demand, I guess. Someone told me that the Sunday after Thanksgiving is the busiest airline day of the year.

I hope that it works out for you. Keep looking!

Willie

We have the same time issue but we are going to fly out on Friday at 10:15 a.m. stay at Ron Jons then go to port then after the sailing we are staying another night afterwards.

138.00 per person and FREE parking at the airport southeast airlines:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter