MADE AN OFFER..DOES THIS SEEM REASONABLE?

Trying to think through the negative on different use years? I think it may be a pain.. I have 150 as a December use year.(which is a very confusing use year imo).. and yes I did counter that way..

Small contracts are tough as it’s own UY. To use with the other points you own you need to transfer and need to keep track of which ones work for your trips.

I do have three UYs but each one has enough points that they function on their own and we use for different trips.

Good luck!

I’d stand firm at your original offer. If they decline then just save up enough to get a larger contract where the cost structure is lower and the closing costs can be spread out over more points.

Small contracts that are the exact use year you want can be tough to find. I would figure out what you are comfortable paying and just stick with that. I just sold a small BWV contract. I got an offer that was $7 per point below asking same day I listed. But I had a number in mind that I wanted. I got my price within 1 week of listing it. So some sellers have a number they won’t go below. Not everyone NEEDS to sell. I was only willing to for the right price.

Good luck!

I stuck with my offer of 115 and they are sticking to their original counter. Kind of bummed but it is what it is!

Small contracts that are the exact use year you want can be tough to find. I would figure out what you are comfortable paying and just stick with that. I just sold a small BWV contract. I got an offer that was $7 per point below asking same day I listed. But I had a number in mind that I wanted. I got my price within 1 week of listing it. So some sellers have a number they won’t go below. Not everyone NEEDS to sell. I was only willing to for the right price.

Good luck!
Yup .. that is what I was thinking about the small contract and the use year coinciding with what I’m looking for.. in the grand scheme of things it was only $300 difference and fully stacked.

Way to vague to really get to an answer. You say close to ROFR but what resort, when was the ROFR on that resort, what was that ROFR. What price are other contracts going for? How often do contracts come up for what you want? Do you care if you lose this contract?

Would need to know the broker as well as is the broker one that normally is overpriced so a $8 drop isnt that big of a deal or is it a low cost broker where getting even $4 off is a pretty big downward shift.

Way to vague to really get to an answer. You say close to ROFR but what resort, when was the ROFR on that resort, what was that ROFR. What price are other contracts going for? How often do contracts come up for what you want? Do you care if you lose this contract?

Would need to know the broker as well as is the broker one that normally is overpriced so a $8 drop isnt that big of a deal or is it a low cost broker where getting even $4 off is a pretty big downward shift.
I did post the numbers in the thread

We made our first offer on a contract today.

We bid slightly higher per point than recent accepted contracts for BLT.

We shall see how it goes.
Congrats & good luck! I just made my first offer as well and now feeling more nervous than I ever did buying an actual house waiting to hear back from the broker!!!

It is Saratoga and I am offering 115.00 pp. Counter was 121.00 with buyer paying costs

I did post the numbers in the thread

I see contracts sub $100 on https://www.fidelityrealestate.com/resort/disney-vacation-club/disneys-saratoga-springs-resort/

I wouldnt be offering a $15-$20 point (15%-20% uplift for a small contract). If I were you I would pull the offer completely and look to possibly get more points for less. Rent out the excess every couple years.

See 100 points for $105/point even

I see contracts sub $100 on https://www.fidelityrealestate.com/resort/disney-vacation-club/disneys-saratoga-springs-resort/

I wouldnt be offering a $15-$20 point (15%-20% uplift for a small contract). If I were you I would pull the offer completely and look to possibly get more points for less. Rent out the excess every couple years.

See 100 points for $105/point even
True but all of those contracts are way too large. I for sure do not want to rent out the extra 50 each year..I would think fidelities prices have a huge percentage of ROFR's and finding my specific use year would take a long time..but I totally can appreciate what you are saying

Then why ask for advice? Everyone says you are overpaying and you just choose to ignore it.

I currently have a contract being drawn up for 100 SSR points for $90 a point.

Then why ask for advice? Everyone says you are overpaying and you just choose to ignore it.

I currently have a contract being drawn up for 100 SSR points for $90 a point.

There really is no such thing as overpaying when a contract fits your needs the way you want it to fits your needs.

The advice here was a mix of both. In the end, if you want a small contract and not deal with the extra points you don’t need, which come with MFs. then an extra $1000 on the front end, over the course of owning, is meaningless.

Plus, a contract like yours with 100 points are easier to find than a 50 with the right UY...and at $90/pt, the chances are higher for ROFR…if it gets taken, then finding a replacement is not going to be as difficult as a 50 point.

C'mon, Sandi are we really going to claim the ROFR card right now in this current environment?

C'mon, Sandi are we really going to claim the ROFR card right now in this current environment?

Are you saying a lower price doesn’t have a higher chance of being taken than higher one?

It absolutely does. There are no guarantees with ROFR. Right now, things are passing at a lower rate so it is a a good time to gamble and try. No question.

But 50 point contracts are not as easy to find and in the end, the OP is paying an extra $1k potentially for what works for them..that would have been spent to have to buy more points in MFs alone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts