Macarons to take home?

mrsw94

DIS Veteran
I wanted to bring home some Disney French Macarons for my co-workers on my next trip. Couple of questions...
How much do they run?
Do they travel well?
Should I bring something to bring them home in?

Thanks so much!

eek! Great idea. I have been trying to figure out ideas to bring back for my coworkers. I am interested in this too!

There is a stand in Downtown Disney that has French macarons, Kayla’s Cake. They are around $28-$30 for a dozen and they are packaged in a box and I assume will travel pretty well. They do have a website you can look at.

They also have big Mickey head shaped macarons at the Jolly Holiday Bakery. The menu shows that these are $5.99 each, though you would probably only need 1 per person. I would buy these on your last day because they get stale quickly. Also carry them in a carry-on bag if you are flying because they are delicate.

I have bought macarons from Kayla's Cakes before and brought them home. I bought them in my carry on bag instead of packing them in my suitcase. At Kayla's Cakes they are individually wrapped and the box is very sturdy so they don't get crushed. The little stand keeps them in the refrigerator but they don't have to stay refrigerated after you buy them. I did keep them in the fridge in my hotel room though until I checked out.

If you buy macarons from the Jolly Holiday I would suggest as a previous poster said buying them before you go and bring some ziplock bags with you to put them in so they stay fresher. And something sturdy to put them in, perhaps you have a plastic container you could keep in your carry on bag to put them in so they don't get crushed.

Personally I really love the macarons from Kaylas Cakes, they are the closest I've ever had to matching the taste of the ones I had in Paris at Laduree.

We always take a couple of the Jolly Holiday macarons home with us. They do travel well (I've taken them home both in an ice chest in a car and via carry-on), but I recommend using the Ziploc containers to transport them. The small rectangular containers work (usually).

Last edited:
Macarons are supposed to be refrigerated and eaten within 3 days. I wouldn't recommend traveling with the ones at Disneyland. They won't taste very fresh by the time you get them home and the ones at JH fall apart very easily. Find a more sturdy treat to bring home.

I always bring home a dozen from Kayla's Cakes. They are amazing and travel well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter