Maaaaajor Cast Member magic that just keeps getting better!

joyjoy

DIS Veteran
Apologies in advance for this long post, but I'll be quoting two fairly long emails. We had a special situation one evening of our trip a few weeks ago and a Cast Member went above and beyond. I wanted her to be recognized but I wasn't sure if I should tweet (too short), email Guest Relations or Guest Services, or what so I just... went to the top. I emailed George Kalogridis and Bob Iger. Well? Here is the correspondence. I sent this email, word for word to the Big Kahunas:

25 Sept 2018
To: George.Kalogridis@disney.com;Robert.A.Iger@Disney.com
Subject: Amazing Cast Members

Hello Gentlemen,

I'm sure there is someone else I need to contact about this, perhaps you could forward my email. I wanted to be sure that YOU guys saw it first, though.

On September 10, 2018, we (me, my adult daughter and 5 y.o. granddaughter) were at Epcot. We had just watched the delightful German percussionists and were lining up to meet Snow White in Germany. I ran to get a cold drink and when I got back, my daughter was saying she didn't feel well. She has Epilepsy but can generally control seizures with medication and healthy habits. I quickly ran to the nearest CM I could find, I think it was a F&WF kiosk person and told them my daughter was about to have a seizure. In seconds we were surrounded and CMs whisked her off into one of the shops in Germany. I was still in shock, standing with my g-baby who was getting upset and I didn't know what to do. Then, an angel in line in front of us came forward. She is Cast Member Emma Vorholt. She was actually there on her day off, so not in costume. She was enjoying time in Epcot with a friend of hers, a former CP CM from Australia. Emma introduced herself, said she was an off duty CM and asked if she could watch Olivia (g-baby) while I tended to Jordie. I asked Olivia if that was okay and she said yes. Emma and her friend waited in line with Olivia, took pictures of her with Snow White, texted them to me, got Livvie a toy and gave me the peace of mind to be with my daughter, who did indeed have a grand mal seizure there in the shop, behind the counter. I so appreciate the CMs in Germany and the medical personnel that got Jordie to the first aid station in Mexico and then helped us get out of the park and back to the resort, too. But that Emma. What a gem. She exemplifies all that is good about your organization and I hope she can somehow be recognized for the above and beyond treatment she extended to my family. Such a kind and thoughtful young lady, you are lucky to have her. Thank her for us, and thank YOU for hiring, training and keeping the best.

Kindest regards,

Melanie Morris
League City, TX

So then, yesterday I got an email from Executive Correspondence guy, thanking me for my email. He said he would send it on to Emma's manager. Yay, right? Then TODAY, I got this email. OMG

27 Sept 2018
Subject: CM Emma Vorholt

Hello Melanie,

My name is Carey Vorholt and I am the mother of Emma Vorholt, the Disney CM you wrote to Disney CEOs about. I want to thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful email about our daughter!! She was recognized this morning in front of her co-workers and performers - everyone was gathered in one room, something she says never happens, and she feared they would be told their Star Wars show was being canceled. Imagine her shock and surprise when the mangers read your email followed by a handwritten note from Bob Iger!!!!!

My husband and I have always been very proud of Emma, and it is wonderful you find her equally amazing. She is humbled by your email and said that even without the recognition she was just so happy to help your family because of the way CMs always go above and beyond for our special needs’ twins. Her ability to assist your family is such a huge reason of why she’s working at Disney.

Thank you for your caring and compassion and for reaching out to Disney asking for her recognition!!!!

Sincerely,
Carey & Michael Vorholt
Pearland, TX (Can you believe we are practically neighbors????)

Isn't that fantastic? I'm so happy for Emma. I just wanted to share this with people I know would get my excitement for her. Thanks for reading all that, y'all.

Beautiful and so very glad you posted! Hope your daughter is feeling better and you were able to enjoy the rest of your trip.

Wonderful story! I actually teared up reading this, as I am a school nurse and one of my Kindergarten students with epilepsy had a seizure in the classroom yesterday. I had to intervene and it was a scary and stressful experience for everyone, especially his mother when I had to make that phone call after I got him stabilized. So I can only imagine your stress and worry watching your daughter go through this, especially knowing her own little girl was possibly affected by watching the experience as well.

I had a CM go way above and beyond for my family almost 4 years ago and I too wrote a letter commending him. I feel like too often people do not take the time to write thank you's and positive feedback, so it was important to me that he be acknowledged. I also received a very nice response from Disney executives thanking me and telling me he would be recognized at their team meeting. It is well worth the time to acknowledge the positive things that CM do to make our stays better. Too often these days customer service is lacking, so when people go way above and beyond it is truly special.

I hope your daughter is doing well! Thank you for sharing your story.

Great story especially with all the "issues" lately, thanks for sharing and I hope everyone is ok!

Can I make a gentle suggestion.... consider editing out the last names?

It's not clear if either the CM or the mom consented to you sharing this online - and again even though its positive imho you can never be to careful.

Great story especially with all the "issues" lately, thanks for sharing and I hope everyone is ok!

Can I make a gentle suggestion.... consider editing out the last names?

It's not clear if either the CM or the mom consented to you sharing this online - and again even though its positive imho you can never be to careful.
Totally agree. This is lovely story, but @joyjoy please edit out the last names.

That's such a fantastic story. It's always wonderful to hear of people getting the recognition they deserved. And good for you to sending the note in the first place!

My day was made reading this. How wonderful for you to have so many great ones in the area and to have gotten the kind of response from Disney in turn. Happy for you all and Emma.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter