Lyft Minnie Van - Out of the way route

Preston Amanda

Earning My Ears
Anyone know why Lyft’s Minnie Van route is so far out of the way for MK?
It has been like this no matter what resort I try to book it from It seems like this would cause a pretty sizable overcharge.473201

It looks to me like the answer is YES...but NO.

The route they are sending you on is clearly 4+ miles longer, and at MV standard rates would yield a significantly higher fare. However, BOTH fares I calculated are a lot higher than what you were quoted.

Your route:

15.2 miles @ $3.15 = $47.88 + $17 base fare = $64.88

Shortest (and fastest) route:

11.0 miles @ $3.15 = $34.65 + $17 base fare = $51.65

It has been like this no matter what resort I try to book it from It seems like this would cause a pretty sizable overcharge.View attachment 473201
That's the shortest route available. They have to go around the back side of the park in order to drop you off at the gate

My real question is....why can I not get them to go straight down World Drive and turn left into the Bus Station as a price quote? This is the way they take me when they deliver me.
These routes have us going ALL the way past Poly, around GF ....BEGIND MK and hitting the bus stop from the backside. WHYYYY????

I should have asked when I went from Bonnet Creek to MK. Route shows the same....but when delivered, we went straight down Works Drive.

Either way, the fare you were quoted was WAY less than the normal base fare + mileage I calculated.

As long as they don't adjust the fare later, you come out way ahead the way they quoted your fare.

Some people have had better luck putting the Contemporary as their drop off/pick up spot, then walking form there.

My real question is....why can I not get them to go straight down World Drive and turn left into the Bus Station as a price quote? This is the way they take me when they deliver me.
These routes have us going ALL the way past Poly, around GF ....BEGIND MK and hitting the bus stop from the backside. WHYYYY????

I should have asked when I went from Bonnet Creek to MK. Route shows the same....but when delivered, we went straight down Works Drive.
I'm trying to figure out what difference it makes. That's not the way it was charged. It's not the way you were driven. What does it matter what the route on Lyft shows?

Why would you do that when taking a Minnie Van? The significant advantage they have is they can go to the bus stops. That's WAY shorter walk.

Because the GPS route for the Contemporary pulls the more direct route, not around the back of MK. SInce that seemed to be what OP wanted -- to avoid being driven around behind MK. Maybe I misunderstood.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-02-12 at 6.40.29 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-02-12 at 6.40.29 PM.png
    322.6 KB · Views: 2
The Minnie Van drivers will know the best, shortest way to go. They are required to be able to navigate around WDW without using a GPS. Of all the ones I've had, none of them have actually even looked at the phone once they picked me up.

Because the GPS route for the Contemporary pulls the more direct route, not around the back of MK. SInce that seemed to be what OP wanted -- to avoid being driven around behind MK. Maybe I misunderstood.
But the driver doesn't take the route that was shown. They don't drive around the back of MK. Lyft app always struggles with driving to MK because Lyft app doesn't easily acknowledge that Minnie Van drivers can go places others can't. So the route on the map is meaningless for Minnie Vans. They don't follow that route, they just drive to MK.

It has been like this no matter what resort I try to book it from It seems like this would cause a pretty sizable overcharge.View attachment 473201
It's just a bug in Lyft's routing algorithm. It seems to think that there's no left turn from World Dr. into the MK bus loop. Maybe the confusion is because there's no left turn into CR at that intersection.

I'm trying to figure out what difference it makes. That's not the way it was charged. It's not the way you were driven. What does it matter what the route on Lyft shows?
it matters as we are charged by the proposed route, at least in my experience. If there is a shorter more direct route, which they do take, I would like to be charged less (per mile) as the route should be navigated.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter