Love how easy it is to travel within Universal!

"HE"?

If only Universal would create it's own version of ME!!!! (OMG - perfect application for the Knight Bus!!!!) We always book through AAA so they arrange transportation, but if we decide to check bags, uggg, we have to WAIT for the baggage to come off the plane.....
I'm not even a HP fan, but that would be awesome.

The only plus side to the transportation to Disney is the fact that you do not have to drive yourself, pay for parking, find parking, then walk back to the parking lot and back. Where as if you have a bus, or something, you're waiting for that transportation to arrive and that's all the "waiting", or time consumption you really have besides the drive. For some people, including myself, that is good enough, even if there might be a longer wait, especially when you're happy you do not have to drive through construction, finding areas to park, and what not.

However, I find Universal is much better with transportation (and I guess others agree too), as for the most part, if you do not want to wait for transportation, things are at a reasonable walking distance. I especially like how close HR is to Universal. However, of course Universal is going to be better with that, as it's a smaller resort in comparison to Disney. Also, the bonus of HE is great too now that we have that, as it's not only a ride, but another way (potentially shorter way) to get to the park (if the wait time is reasonable).
Whomever came up with the HE transport was genius. I wonder if they can/will ever expand the track.

Whomever came up with the HE transport was genius. I wonder if they can/will ever expand the track.

I doubt it, as it's functionality and only reason it exists is to only go to the other park. If it weren't for the fact that there was another part of the "wizarding world" to get to, we wouldn't have an HE right now. The only way I can see it "expanded" is if they built something in between the two, which I doubt that happening anytime soon. Would be nice though!

I stayed at Cabana Bay and I was very impressed by how quick transportation to and from the hotel was. We were able to go back to the hotel mid afternoon and return to the parks later in the day rather quickly. This was during a slower time of the year yet we never waited more than a few minutes for a bus. I wasn't too keen on the walk to the parks from the bus stop though. The walk from our bus stop was only slightly shorter than the parking lots themselves. (At least the Cabana Bay stop is in the shade :cool2:. I'm certain Disney buses drop off/pick up much closer from their park entrances. We discovered the security lines at Universal were busiest around park opening time. They start thinning out around 11am. But even when they were busy, we were able to get through in around 5 minutes with a little push and shove. :crowded:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!