Lotso Huggin Bear

We have one. We got it at WDW last May before the movie came out and had no idea he was the villain.

Our youngest was a year old at the time and she loved it. She sleeps with it in her crib every night. She's seen the movie and it hasn't seemed to change her opinion. Go figure. :rotfl:

Before I saw TS3, I heard on here that there would be a Lotso M&G, so I assumed he would have to be a good guy. Wrong :sad2: I also think it's creepy.

Not creeped out at all. Do you shy away from all villains? Lotso is one of the least villainous.

Not any different than Maleficent who kills people, Cruella who kills puppies, Clayton who kills people and gorillas, Captain Hook that kills people, children and fairies, Queen of Hearts who chops peoples heads off, the list goes on and on. ;)

DD LOVES him. She sleeps with him every night. One of the highlights of her trip was meeting him. :confused3 Whatever works for her.

Count me in as someone who doesn't understand the appeal. I work at a Disney Store so we sell Lotso and a good amount of him. I had yet to see TS3 when I first got the job and so I was captivated by the strawberry smell. I suppose that's what does it.

Has anyone seen any Lotso trading pins?

I bought one at the trading pen hut they have at Downtown Disney. It is the big pin hut that is right in front of Once upon a Toy. They had a wide assortment of lotso pins there.

I could not get over the Lotso M&G we did last Sept! I kept saying, "But he's the bad guy."

Then I was pondering if any other villian gets a M&G and Hook came to mind. But do children feel compelled to hug Hook like they do with that Lotso????

I love Lotso! I know he was the bad guy, but I call him a victim of circumstance. Haha! I just love that he's a pink, strawberry scented bear. I got the one sold in the parks, he doesn't talk, I guess ones from Toys R Us do? But the one I have looks dirty, like he did in the movie. My mom came over to my apartment one day and saw Lotso sitting on the couch, and she's like, "why do you have that grubby bear on your sofa!" I had to explain to her that he's not really grubby, that he's just made to look like that. She hasn't seen the movie.

I have seen two Lotso pins, one says, I'm a Hugger, but I don't like it because he has an angry face on. I got another one that's him with his cane, and he's kind of smiling. I'll have to check out the pin places at DTD to see if there are any other versions of Lotso.

We also have a "Lotso" at our house and he's exactly where he belongs.....on the grill on the front of my van ! We've had him on there since January and have had many laughs and thumbs up from other drivers. I had a lady practically run me down in the Kohl's parking lot to tell me that she was having a bad day, then saw our "Lotso" on the front of the van and she started laughing uncontrollably....said it made her day :) The car wash does a great job of cleaning him !!

:thumbsup2 that's awesome!!

Lotso has always disturbed me, even before I saw the movie.

I was playing the TS3 Uno card game with friends while waiting in line and every time I drew the card, I kept saying "Sorry, but this bear is just creepy and evil looking!"

Imagine my surprise when I finally watched the movie! :rotfl:

I could not get over the Lotso M&G we did last Sept! I kept saying, "But he's the bad guy."

Then I was pondering if any other villian gets a M&G and Hook came to mind. But do children feel compelled to hug Hook like they do with that Lotso????

Some kids don't seem to distinguish between villain and hero. Others actually root for the villain. Think about how many kids fall all over themselves to meet Darth Vader or a Stormtrooper. And what do they do when they get to the front of the line? Give them a big old hug!

We also have a "Lotso" at our house and he's exactly where he belongs.....on the grill on the front of my van ! We've had him on there since January and have had many laughs and thumbs up from other drivers. I had a lady practically run me down in the Kohl's parking lot to tell me that she was having a bad day, then saw our "Lotso" on the front of the van and she started laughing uncontrollably....said it made her day :) The car wash does a great job of cleaning him !!

I am going to make my car into a Toy Story theme- put Lotso on the grille, have 3 Green Aliens hanging from the rear view mirror, and have Woody hanging on to the trunk lid. Trying to think of where to put Buzz- maybe holding on to the antenna?

Not creeped out at all. Do you shy away from all villains? Lotso is one of the least villainous.

Not any different than Maleficent who kills people, Cruella who kills puppies, Clayton who kills people and gorillas, Captain Hook that kills people, children and fairies, Queen of Hearts who chops peoples heads off, the list goes on and on. ;)

If he had it is way, all of our favorite toys would have died a fiery death! :scared1:

But I do get what you're saying, lots of villains have M&Gs.

but he was a gift to the kids, and I think my grandma bought him on sale for $40. I have to say, he IS supercute. I think all of the adults got a kick out of playing him while the kids opened the rest of their presents. We have pretty much every main Toy Story character so having Lotso was a requirement to play out scenes and stories with the other characters. We loved meeting Lotso last year. When he hugged the kids they practically disappeared in his fur! All you could see of them was their feet!:rotfl: Here is one of my favorite Lotso Photopass pics...

lotso.jpg
great pic! I like the banner on the bottom.

:flower3:
but he was a gift to the kids, and I think my grandma bought him on sale for $40. I have to say, he IS supercute. I think all of the adults got a kick out of playing him while the kids opened the rest of their presents. We have pretty much every main Toy Story character so having Lotso was a requirement to play out scenes and stories with the other characters. We loved meeting Lotso last year. When he hugged the kids they practically disappeared in his fur! All you could see of them was their feet!:rotfl: Here is one of my favorite Lotso Photopass pics...

lotso.jpg

Oh sorry I don't mean to imply other people shouldn't buy him at that price! Just that right now I can't justify the expense :flower3:

Love the picture with you guys!

I love Lotso. I wish you could still meet him. I'm glad I met him 3 times last year. I have the talking one. I haven't opened him yet he's on display in my Disney room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter