Lots of questions!

Tinker101

Earning My Ears
I am pretty sure after reading and reading on here that our first trip October 2013, we will be staying at Bonnet Creek. It just seems to be the perfect place and cost for our family of 4 and my parents who are coming along.

Can someone recommend what size room we should reserve?
My two kids will be ages 3 and 5.

What is the number/person to contact to reserve dates and book a room?

We really don't care too much about views or anything like that, but I do see us spending a decent amount of time near the pools and lazy rivers. Anyone recommend a particular Tower for that? Also, to be close to the parking lot since we will be renting a car.

I'm waiting until January to book because we need to see dates to get vacation time. So about 10 months in advance. What site do people use to buy the disney park tickets?

Thoughts on purchasing hopper passes? Are they worth it for my kids ages? Part of me thinks we'll just spend the day at one park and then return to the room and get in some pool time.

Do most folks bring in a cooler to the parks with some waters, snacks, etc?

Thank you in advance, I know I had alot of questions.

Dunno all the answers, but I should answer some.

I am pretty sure after reading and reading on here that our first trip October 2013, we will be staying at Bonnet Creek. It just seems to be the perfect place and cost for our family of 4 and my parents who are coming along.

Cool. Hopefully, we'll be staying at WBC for our next trip in October 2013.

That I cannot answer. If either you or your parents want to sleep in the same room as your kids, I'd go with a two bedroom deluxe. Also, if you and your spouse or your inlaws wouldn't mind sleeping on a sofa bed, then go with the two bedroom. Or if you don't mind going to bed as your kids (have the kids take the sleeper sofa). Else, you may need three bedrooms.

A three bedroom will allow everyone to have personal space.

Oh, and do not get a two bedroom presidential. Costs more, but you don't get the sleeper sofa.

I'm waiting until January to book because we need to see dates to get vacation time. So about 10 months in advance.

I own Wyndham points, and I can't even book until ten months in advance. However, you might find an actual WBC owner that can book you a little sooner.

What site do people use to buy the disney park tickets?

Each person does it differently. Some gets YES tickets (dicounted tickets if your child takes a half day Disney course). With a three and a five year old, I wouldn't count on that. There is only one course that a five year old can take. And they are only offered certain times of the year.

I think the YES course schedule comes out in late winter or early spring.

Some uses Undercover Tourist. They offer discounted Disney tickets.

Me? I buy Disney gift cards at a discount...either 5% off through the Target Red Card or when my local grocery stores offer discounted gas when you buy gift cards. I'll exchange the gift cards at my local Disney store for tickets.

Thoughts on purchasing hopper passes? Are they worth it for my kids ages? Part of me thinks we'll just spend the day at one park and then return to the room and get in some pool time.

Don't buy hoppers unless you're sure you'll use them. If you get to the park and decide you want to hop, you can upgrade to a hopper then.

With that travel party, get a 3BR. That way, everyone gets their privacy, but you still have the living room/kitchen area for night owls/early birds.

Lemme give this a shot...

The others give some suggestions, so I think I'll just break down the bed situation for each size room.

2bdrm - 1 King Master bedroom, 2 Queens 2nd Bedroom.
3bdrm - 1 King Master Bedroom, 2 Queens 2nd Bedroom, 1 King 3rd Bedroom

'deluxe' units also have a pull out sofa-bed. Both the 2 and 3 bdrm units have 2 bathrooms, 1 as part of the Master Suite, and another full bathroom down by the other bedroom(s).

What is the number/person to contact to reserve dates and book a room?

There are several commercial renters and ways you can make a reservation. I would highly recommend going this route vs. renting thru wyndham directly as you will easily save $100-200+ a night by going thru an owner instead of Wyndham. (Also have more to choose from). You may want to check out the "I Loooooove" thread where people have mentioned who they've rented from.

the actual rooms you stay in will be the same no matter which owner you rent from. The differences between who you rent from will be mostly in things like price, and their cancelation/Deposit/Payment policies.... as well as the obvious customer service differences when dealing with the renter.

We really don't care too much about views or anything like that, but I do see us spending a decent amount of time near the pools and lazy rivers. Anyone recommend a particular Tower for that? Also, to be close to the parking lot since we will be renting a car.

The parking lots surround the resort buildings, which in turn are around the central lake. all buildings will be close to the parking lot. there are however 2 parking garages in addition to the general surface lots, so unless you are someone who prefers to park in a garage, there really isn't any real parking advantage from one tower to the next.

Pools and Lazy rivers are spread out around the resort. Again, the I Looooove thread will help give you an idea about the different pool options if you are wanting to be closer to one pool area vs. another. Worst case, the resort is pretty compact, so walking to the other side of the lake to get to another pool area isn't that long or hard of a hike.

I'm waiting until January to book because we need to see dates to get vacation time. So about 10 months in advance. What site do people use to buy the disney park tickets?

Personal preference. You can buy them directly from disney online, a Disney Store, Undercover Tourist, AAA, or any other AUTHORIZED disney ticket agent. DO NOT BUY YOUR TICKETS OFF EBAY OR CRAIGSLIST. (Those sites you don't have any guarantee the tickets are legitimate new tickets and will be good upon use).

If you wait until you get there, There is also a Disney ticket agent in the main lobby of the resort who you can buy your Disney tickets from. They are actually employed by Disney and you will be paying the same as if you bought them at the gate.... But you'll receive actual park tickets (not a voucher) so you can head straight to the park entrance and bypass the ticket booths (and lines) when you arrive at the park.

Park Hoppers are really a personal preference which have a lot to do with your personal way of touring. Some people can't live without them, while others just don't see the point. As someone else mentioned, The best bet would be to just wait and upgrade to the hoppers once you are there if you find you need/want them. You'll just need to go by Guest Relations and you can upgrade by just paying the cost difference between your ticket and the hopper ($57 per ticket now I believe). You can upgrade your ticket anytime within 14 days of it's first use as long as you do it before the end of your last day (ie. if you have a 4 day ticket, you would need to upgrade before leaving the park on your 4th day in the park.)

Do most folks bring in a cooler to the parks with some waters, snacks, etc?

Thank you in advance, I know I had alot of questions.

I wouldn't say most people, but I've seen some people who bring in some stuff. Disney's site has a list of things you cannot bring into the parks (such as I believe hard-sided coolers), but as long as you aren't violating those rules you can bring in water/snacks etc.

I

Thoughts on purchasing hopper passes? Are they worth it for my kids ages? Part of me thinks we'll just spend the day at one park and then return to the room and get in some pool time. .

October hours are short--
Hoppers cost 55.00 per person

we did not buy hoppers- for that reason. it takes a lot of time out of touring the park you are in to hop into another park is another reason.

October hours are short--
Hoppers cost 55.00 per person

we did not buy hoppers- for that reason. it takes a lot of time out of touring the park you are in to hop into another park is another reason.

FYI... Think the price increase a couple months ago bumped the Hoppers up to $57

thank you all for your responses. This helped me alot.

I will check out the I loveeee board and hoping I can find a few names of people others have worked with that are known owners to rent from. I don't want to have to worry that I booked with someone who wasn't legit.

Since my kids will still be young, I'm wondering if I should just go with a 2Br. did someone mention that they have a pull out sleeper? We have a king bed at home and certainly one or both fit in our bed sometimes so if we had a sleeper that would be adequate for the kids.

Thank you in advance!

thank you all for your responses. This helped me alot.

I will check out the I loveeee board and hoping I can find a few names of people others have worked with that are known owners to rent from. I don't want to have to worry that I booked with someone who wasn't legit.

Since my kids will still be young, I'm wondering if I should just go with a 2Br. did someone mention that they have a pull out sleeper? We have a king bed at home and certainly one or both fit in our bed sometimes so if we had a sleeper that would be adequate for the kids.

Thank you in advance!

The 2bdrm Deluxe does have a pull our sleeper couch.

Don't underestimate the value though of giving the kids a room.... even if it's a case of giving your parents the master bedroom and you, the hubby, and kids taking the 2 queens int he 2nd bedroom. (or just bumping up to the 3bdrm).

The ability to put the kids to bed in a separate room during vacation cannot be understated enough. Kids naturally are probably going to go to bed before you are ready too... or want to sleep in longer. Also there is the advantage with naps if you have them in a separate room. The ability to actually have some "adult time" after the kids go to bed, even if it's just to sit around, talk, maybe have a nightcap (Or running a load of laundry).... or in the morning with getting ready and having some coffee/breakfast before you go into parent mode and getting the kids up and ready... is truly priceless.

Those used to vacationing in a standard hotel room really can't appreciate how much more relaxing and enjoyable a vacation it can be for you when you aren't tied to the kids sleep and nap schedules by virtue of sharing a room with them.

DCTooTall : you are so right. We're used to vacationing in a hotel room, with everyone sharing a room. I can't imagine having that space at a place like this. Though I am usually just as wiped as them and ready for bed early too, the space will be nice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter