Lots of people using SSR to go to DTD!

While I can definitely see the potential for this to be abused, I did not notice any excessive traffic on the SSR buses. We stayed in All Star Movies in Oct 2004. During that stay the parks were practically empty (5 minute wait for Space Mountain). However the buses always had long lines and were always crowded.

We just returned from a Xmas visit at SSR. While the parks were extremely crowded, there was never a line for the buses and they were never full.

One thing that would be a concern to me is that if they ever have to add extra buses due to DTD traffic, that should not be reflected in our dues.

I was at SSR 4 times last year. Never seemed to be a probelm.

I will tell you what resort I see with bus problems is All Stars and Port Orleans.

Now there is some issues the the buses at night!

As a past All-Stars guest, I wholeheartedly agree with this assessment. It was usually 4 packed buses before we could get onto another packed bus.

The real problem is parking at DD. Disney needs to solve this. It's terrible.

They charge at DD in Anaheim. You do get 3 hours free and 5 hours free with validation from one of the restaurants or movie theaters. I think they should do the same at WDW, that would help keep people from abusing the free parking.
this would be a great way to do it. 3 hours for regular shopping should be enough and 5 hours for a restaurant, movie or PI with validation .Then you charge what the parks charge (after these hours)to park there all day, then it may keep some people from parking there, although some might still park there if it is easy to get to their destination after going to a park, but probably much less.

I've heard CM's tell people at Magic Kingdom or Epcot, etc. that to get to DD, they should take a bus to SSR or another resort nearby. It's how the trans. system works. I do it.

I've heard CM's tell people at Magic Kingdom or Epcot, etc. that to get to DD, they should take a bus to SSR or another resort nearby. It's how the trans. system works. I do it.

I agree, as long as you follow the system. It is very inconvenient and not worth the meager savings to subject oneself to DTD transportation. But there are people that do it. As far as cheaters, there are very few. Many of those people parking at DTD are patronizing DTD. Ive never seen it so packed as it was during Christmas.

We've used VWL transportation to get to HDDR. Ive used CR transportation to get MK. We've used the boats from Epcot to go to the Boardwalk. Whatever gets you there:confused3

Im not condoning parking at DTD to evade the parking fees, but as far as CM's telling guests to use SSR to get to DTD, I dont see a problem with it.

It's part of the transportation system and since they are encouraging guests to travel without cars (Magical Express) and touting their expansive all inclusive transportation system, why shouldnt CM's tell guests the best possible routes? And not all onsite guests are knowledgeable enough to know all the ins and outs of the system and will ask the driver or someone else where to debark. NYE they left messages on our resort room phones that due to traffic issues, use WDW transportation instead of POV's putting many in the position to use a bus they normally would not need and possibly with questions.

If you look at it from a once in a lifetime trip perspective, they pay their money, and they go on vacation. Many dont dissect the meaning and intent or even know what a DVC resort is to realize they are violating some implied rule.

If you want a seat, wait for the next bus:thumbsup2

My SSR stay was from 30 Dec - 11 Jan.

During that time I witnessed many times people using the SSR buses to get to DTD.

Mostly it was during the early evening hours, though a few times it was during the day.

Some people used it to get off at any SSR bus stop, Congress Park included, and then catch the DTD bus.

Others were getting off at Congress Park to then walk to DTD.

Now these are only the situations I was aware of. I'm sure there were many people going to DTD that didn't talk to each other about what their plans were and kept it quiet amongst themselves.

Even with these 'DTD goers' the buses generally had room, only a few times were they full.

facebook twitter