Lots of people using SSR to go to DTD!

TAKitty

<font color=green>I will make it work with the one
I will post more about my trip later, but one thing I really noticed was the number of people using SSR to go to DTD. I have mixed feelings about this.

At the end of the night (park closing) our bus would fill with people just wanting to use SSR as a way to get to DTD. They frequently didn't know how to get to DTD from SSR or what bus stop to use. I have a feeling that as SSR finishes up and people realize that they can walk to DTD from SSR that this could become a problem.

Just thought I would share my observation.

Although we did not notice this when we were at SSR in December, other members have mentioned the same thing.

I will post more about my trip later, but one thing I really noticed was the number of people using SSR to go to DTD. I have mixed feelings about this.

At the end of the night (park closing) our bus would fill with people just wanting to use SSR as a way to get to DTD. They frequently didn't know how to get to DTD from SSR or what bus stop to use. I have a feeling that as SSR finishes up and people realize that they can walk to DTD from SSR that this could become a problem.

Just thought I would share my observation.
Since Disney does not offer transportation from the parks to anywhere other than back to your resort the logical thing to do is take a bus to SSR. Would you actually go back to your resort then get a bus to DTD, I would'nt. This will be my first trip to a resort other than SSR since it opened and if I want to go to DTD from a park, I'm hopping a bus to SSR, just makes sense. leaving Sun 1/21 for BWV. The majority of people doing this are resort guest Disney is very unlikely to start bothering them. The small number of people parking at DTD or walking over from off site resorts is not worth bothering everyone else over.

Disney caused this problem and only they can fix it, be sure to let them know how you feel.

Would it be out of the question to add a bus stop and bus at each resort that services DTD? Seems like an easy fix to me. Granted that would take away at least 4 busses from the systems for each park but I'm sure they probably have them to spare. Now an extra stall for the stop is another question.

Since Disney does not offer transportation from the parks to anywhere other than back to your resort the logical thing to do is take a bus to SSR. Would you actually go back to your resort then get a bus to DTD, I would'nt. This will be my first trip to a resort other than SSR since it opened and if I want to go to DTD from a park, I'm hopping a bus to SSR, just makes sense. leaving Sun 1/21 for BWV. The majority of people doing this are resort guest Disney is very unlikely to start bothering them. The small number of people parking at DTD or walking over from off site resorts is not worth bothering everyone else over.

Fishermouse...I just got back from WDW and my mind is playing tricks with me :confused3 . You state that..."Since Disney does not offer transportation from the parks to anywhere other than back to your resort"... but I thought you could also go from any park to any other park by bus (park hopping). Am I wrong? I thought that currently, DTD was the only place you couldn't hop a bus to from the parks because it's not part of park hoping and doesn't have the same high demand the parks do. Am I losing it :confused: ?

I was at SSR 4 times last year. Never seemed to be a probelm.

I will tell you what resort I see with bus problems is All Stars and Port Orleans.

Now there is some issues the the buses at night!

I was at SSR 4 times last year. Never seemed to be a probelm.

I will tell you what resort I see with bus problems is All Stars and Port Orleans.

Now there is some issues the the buses at night!

We just returned so maybe this is more of a recent thing. We also stayed in Congress Park. It really is funny how different people can see things so differently. We were at POR last July and had great bus service and no problems. ;)

You can go theme park to theme park by bus (or other transportation like a boat in the case of MGM and Epcot, or a monorail in the case of Epcot and MK).

We just returned so maybe this is more of a recent thing. We also stayed in Congress Park. It really is funny how different people can see things so differently. We were at POR last July and had great bus service and no problems. ;)

When we stayed at Congress Park we noticed the same thing. People park at DTD to avoid paying for parking. It was worse on the weekends.:goodvibes

I think the bus problem at PO R/FQ looks worse than it is. We were stunned last May when we walked out of Epcot and the PO bus line was several hundred people long (no exaggeration). The resort line next to us had about 10-15 people, but I can't remember which resort it was. Well, we waited in line for the PO bus for maybe 20-30 minutes. As we were boarding our bus- which was double parked- they were loading 2 PO busses simultaneously- I looked over and saw those same 10-15 people STILL waiting for a single bus to show for their resort while PO busses had moved out 200-300 people already.

I also think adding a DTD bus at or near park closing would be the best option to solve the DTD/SSR dilemna.

We may not see the DTD resorts people using the SSR bus service. Since we go to the parks and take advantage of the early morning hours, leave at lunch and usually don't stay out real late.

I may be wrong--I am sure I will be corrected!

I think the bus transportation between the parks and DTD was discontinued because so many people parked there instead of paying for parking at the parks. This also caused another problem with having the parking more limited for those who wanted to shop at DTD.

We were at SSR last month and saw the same thing. We also were staying in Congress Park and I noticed most folks on the bus were getting off at that stop. One night a very large group on the bus asked my DH which stop would get them to DTD. It was kind of annoying that we were guests at SSR and had to stand on the bus while they were all sitting. I guess I must have been extremely tired that evening. LoL

Fishermouse...I just got back from WDW and my mind is playing tricks with me :confused3 . You state that..."Since Disney does not offer transportation from the parks to anywhere other than back to your resort"... but I thought you could also go from any park to any other park by bus (park hopping). Am I wrong? I thought that currently, DTD was the only place you couldn't hop a bus to from the parks because it's not part of park hoping and doesn't have the same high demand the parks do. Am I losing it :confused: ?

No your not losing it, I am! You can go from park to park I was only thinking DTD. See what happens when you stay away from WDW for 8 months,
but the problem is the same you can only get to DTD from a resort. Asking people to go back to their hotel before going to DTD will not work, especially later in the evening.

I may be wrong--I am sure I will be corrected!

I think the bus transportation between the parks and DTD was discontinued because so many people parked there instead of paying for parking at the parks. This also caused another problem with having the parking more limited for those who wanted to shop at DTD.

This is what I remember reading somewhere.

Disney may have to start charging parking at DTD, or free with your resort pass. That would stop that.

Disney may have to start charging parking at DTD, or free with your resort pass. That would stop that.

They charge at DD in Anaheim. You do get 3 hours free and 5 hours free with validation from one of the restaurants or movie theaters. I think they should do the same at WDW, that would help keep people from abusing the free parking.

They charge at DD in Anaheim. You do get 3 hours free and 5 hours free with validation from one of the restaurants or movie theaters. I think they should do the same at WDW, that would help keep people from abusing the free parking.
Also need free parking for PI and WS w/ ticket validation from a show or club...

Also need free parking for PI and WS w/ ticket validation from a show or club...

Very true. When referring to Downtown Disney I automatically think of all three areas since Downtown Disney is comprised of the Marketplace, Pleasure Island, and the Westside. Thanks for clarifying that. :goodvibes

facebook twitter