Lost child bracelets?

NYEmomma

DIS Veteran
I'm looking for a bracelet that I can customize for DD to wear if she gets lost. Maybe it's just me, but I don't want her walking around with a sticker on the back of her shirt that says who she is, lol. I'd put something on the inside of her shirt, but at this point she doesn't talk so I wouldn't trust her to properly indicate that she has contact information on the inside of her shirt/shoe/whatever if she got lost.

I figure there's got to be some kind of CUTE bracelet or maybe even necklace that I can have customized for her.

Anyone have anything they can recommend?

When DD was little we used the heart shaped tag from petsmart. We could get enough of our info on it and it looked nice enough. She also thought it was pretty so she would wear it without complaint.

I have recently found runid for a bracelet to wear while I am running in case of an accident. You can customize it as well.

We have 2 younger kids, and we ordered dog tags for them before our last trip. The kids wore them on a chain necklace that came with our order and kept the tags inside their shirts while we were out & about. We had told them ahead of time that if they got lost they just needed to find someone with a name tag that works there & show them the dog tag. I included their name, our cell phone number, and "please call if lost". I also included "I have a nut allergy" on DS'. If it helps, I ordered from dogtagsdirect.com.

We have used them numerous times since when we go out to the zoo, mall, etc. I was with the kids at Incredible Pizza for a birthday party. DS4 kept going off to do the games he wanted to do - Mr. Independent. One time he apparently could not find DD & I where he left us. He was several steps ahead of us going around the game machines. I have to say I was very proud of him when I saw him pulling his dog tag out & trying to get the attention of an employee!!

Good luck!

Here is where I ordered mine from. I ordered the small size and put them on my kids ankles before I put their sandals on.

We use the pet tags from Wal-Mart. We put each child's name, our name and our cell numbers on them. Then we lace it through their shoelaces. :) You can't see the info unless you are right on them and they are really secure if your child is wearing tennis shoes. They know if they get lost they are to find a CM and show them their tags. We know to pull out our cell phones if we get separated.

A few years ago, when I was a bit more paranoid and my daughter was younger I used to put a Brickhouse Child Locator tag in her shoelaces. I also physically wrote my cell phone number on her upper arm with a ballpoint pen.

Now she's eight so she carries an iPhone. What can I say, I wrapped around her finger.
:surfweb:

Here is where I ordered mine from. I ordered the small size and put them on my kids ankles before I put their sandals on.

This is exactly what I was looking for, Mrs D! Thanks! :goodvibes

Though getting a cute dog tag is a good & cute idea too.

Now, do you guys put their actual names on the bracelets/necklaces/whatever or just a phone number? Maybe initials? DD is my first child and she's just now getting to the age where I have to worry about things like this... so I'm fairly ignorant about how it all works! I know they say not to put their names on backpacks so that strangers can't call them and act like they know the child. But what about an ID like this for lost child purposes?

TIA!

You could make your own, too, that you could customize together to be something she'd like to wear. You could start with something like from FamilyFun, and then either write the info in colored Sharpie on the outside of the tube, but inside of her wrist, or skip the water inside and slip a piece of paper with the info on it, but still toss in glitter. Okay, still thinking that part through, but the initial idea sounds like fun, lol!

Now, do you guys put their actual names on the bracelets/necklaces/whatever or just a phone number? Maybe initials? DD is my first child and she's just now getting to the age where I have to worry about things like this... so I'm fairly ignorant about how it all works! I know they say not to put their names on backpacks so that strangers can't call them and act like they know the child. But what about an ID like this for lost child purposes?

TIA!

We used these bracelets as well. Ds wore his on his ankle his first trip (2yo) but dd (and now ds at 5yo) wore hers on her wrist.

I put "If lost call Mom ###-###-#### (cell)" and "If lost call Dad ###-###-#### (cell)" on the other "side."

No names.

But... the wording is actually engraved in the bracelet so even if you had the name there you can't read it unless you are very close to it.

I love the bracelets...we use them everywhere (zoo, fairs, parks, festivals, beach, etc.). It is also great that the kids can wear them in the pools/water parks. :thumbsup2

My kids have the leather bracelets you can buy at the parks with their names and a character on them. This trip I thought it would be a good idea to put my cell phone number on the back of the bracelets.

Of course, the child must be old enough to show a CM that there is a phone number on the bracelet if they got separated from us.

We didn't lose any kids, but one DD lost her bracelet. I got a call from lost and found later that day that they had found the bracelet. :upsidedow

TIA!

I put our last name in caps then if lost please call (cell #)

I've purchased the Vital ID child safety bracelets - green camo for our twin boys and purple with flowers for our daughter. They look very durable and you are able to change the info if needed with a replaceable ID strip. We will be trying them out during our upcoming March break trip - hoping the kids like them!:thumbsup2

I did the say it bands as well on our last trip. My older boys, I wasn't worried about wearng them but my little girl, not so much. I came up with the idea that it should be a "Mickey Rule" for her to have to wear the bracelet. I asked the CM's at the concierge desk if they could tell her that "Mickey" left them for the kids to wear while in the parks and that it was one of his rules that she had to keep it on! She NEVER took it off!!! She was 3 when we went!!! On the first evening she took it off after we got back to the room and almost cried because she thought Mickey would be upset with her! I quickly told her that Mickey said she only had to keep it on while we were in the parks. I never had to worry about her taking it off again!!!

We used the silicon "livestrong"-type bracelets, with both mine and my wife's cell phone numbers on them. We did two things to make sure the kids wore them:
1) We strictly enforced a rule that no one was allowed out of the hotel room without their bracelet on. (Once it was on, they were mostly too distracted by all that was going on around them to worry about taking them off).
2) If Rule #1 wasn't followed, the bracelet goes around their ankle.

reminderbands.com is where I get ours from. My girls know it goes on before the airport and comes off when we get back to our house. They can choose ankle or wrist. They got to pick the colors and this time we put glow in the dark filled in numbers/letters - ours say - "Mommy's Cell xxx-xxx-xxxx"

We get ours at 24hourwristbands.com. I put "The Blank Family" on the front and "(555)555-5555 (or) 5556" on the back(our cell numbers are only 1 number off). We get the glow-in-the-dark ones and we get the Disney font. I get the child size for my 6 and under and put them on their ankle and I get the adult size for 7 and up for their ankle. Everyone puts them on right before we leave the house for the airport and they don't take them off until we get home. They are really soft and light and don't bother them at all.
Like a pp said, because they are engraved, you can't read it unless you get up close. All my kids know to show their bracelet if we get separated. :)

ETA: Last time I tried to order with Shanrene I couldn't fit what I wanted on the bracelet, but I just noticed that with Shanrene you can now choose the font size and everything I want now fits, which is really cool. The 24hourwristband ones, the font turns out so small. I'm going to order a few of these.

I did the say it bands as well on our last trip. My older boys, I wasn't worried about wearng them but my little girl, not so much. I came up with the idea that it should be a "Mickey Rule" for her to have to wear the bracelet. I asked the CM's at the concierge desk if they could tell her that "Mickey" left them for the kids to wear while in the parks and that it was one of his rules that she had to keep it on! She NEVER took it off!!! She was 3 when we went!!! On the first evening she took it off after we got back to the room and almost cried because she thought Mickey would be upset with her! I quickly told her that Mickey said she only had to keep it on while we were in the parks. I never had to worry about her taking it off again!!!

:rotfl2: That's awesome!!

I ordered 2 from Sayitbands last night (since they were having a sale). Got a toddler-sized on for her wrist and a child-sized one for her ankle in case I can't get her to keep the wrist bracelet on. Plus, it's bigger so we'll be able to use it for a few years.

She LOVES jewelry so I don't think I'll have much of a problem getting her to keep it on... but ya never know. Better safe than sorry!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter