Loss of husband.

Discussion in 'Coping and Compassion' started by disneyboundteacher, Mar 30, 2018.

1. Shanti

Shanti Momketeer

I'm so sorry.

2. Minnesota!

Minnesota! Shoeless in Minnesota

I am so sorry for your loss. I would go - he would want you to. You will feel like you are there with him...as you shared that love with him.

Take care..

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. cabanafrau

cabanafrau DIS Veteran

So sorry for your loss, you are in my prayers.

5. Nancyg56

Nancyg56 DIS Veteran

I am so very sorry for your loss. I do not think that there is a play book for you, everyone is just so different. I lost my first husband when I was very young. My path after his passing was different thatn his family wodul have wished, but it was what was right for me and our family. You will find your way as well, and your own timeing will be personal. Please be kind to yourself, and do not expect more from yourself than you are up to.

6. kirstenb1

kirstenb1 DIS Veteran

I'm so very sorry. Try to take things slowly, and take care of yourself.

7. mommasita

mommasita DIS VETERAN Moderator

I’m so terribly sorry. I do know grief, having recently lost a daughter, not a spouse. I do hope you can return and have new memories. Sending you love, as I know words are not enough.

8. Liberty Belle

Liberty Belle <font color=green>I was going to reply, but I see

I'm so sorry. :(

9. hakunamomtata

hakunamomtata Disnerd Extraordinaire

I am so sorry to hear about your husbands passing. I will keep you in my prayers. I hope you can find peace in knowing that though his physical being is no longer with you, his spirit and love will surround you forever. When you do find the strength to revisit Disney, he will be right by your side in the wind, in the sun, in your heart. Maybe you can find a way to honor him whenever you go. Maybe find one of his favorite shirts and have it crafted into a park bag, or something of the like. If you need someone to talk to, my ears are always open. You are not alone :hug:

disneyboundteacher likes this.
  10. mommy2mrb

mommy2mrb Mama to a Princess - But I'm A Scrap Princess!

So sorry for your loss.

Lost my hubby 8 years ago. About 3 months later my DD and I had a little get away to DL to just be away from everything! It was hard, happy and sad. We relived memories and made new ones. It gave us time to just sit and breathe. We rented a cabana at the pool one afternoon, which was nice.

We have continued to enjoy our trips to see the mouse and always include some quiet time to reflect on our happy memories with my DH.

Take it one day, moment at a time. There is no one way to grieve. Everyone finds what is best for them.

11. disneyboundteacher

disneyboundteacher Disneyboundteacher

My step daughter just bought a new huge RV and she asked me to go with them to the keys in JULY. we are going to stay one night at FW. I'm a dvc member and it happens to be Moonlight magic at Epcot that night. I think I will take a boat to WL and have a drink at the water front bar. WL was his favorite place and then take the DGS's to Epcot. I know he would be upset if I gave up my love for Disney and maybe sometime soon I can handle a longer trip solo. Right now I can't imagine standing on Main Street watching fireworks without him.

12. mommasita

mommasita DIS VETERAN Moderator

That sounds wonderful. I hope you have a great time . Sending love

13. AnnaS

AnnaS DIS Sponsoor/Veteran

I am so sorry you lost your husband.

14. tinkerdorabelle

tinkerdorabelle DIS Veteran

So young to lose your husband. So very very sorry.

15. disneyboundteacher

disneyboundteacher Disneyboundteacher

Thank you for your words of encouragement.