• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Losing our jobs... but still went to Disney! A Halloween 2009 TR - FINAL Update 3/1

Glad to hear you're feeling better.

And your getting very close!

Would that costume just become available already?!!!!! do you have alternate plans or have I just forgotten?

No...no alternate plans at this time. I can buy it from an ebay store if worse comes to worse, but they will charge me more and I won't be able to use the coupon I got from buycostumes.com so i'll stick it out until the weekend and then go from there

Wouldn't you know it! Lumar late because he was in the bathroom. :rolleyes1

17 days!!!
WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO!!:banana:

Actually, I didn't even put that together! LOL :rotfl2:

Good luck getting the costume by this weekend

are you being sarcastic? LOL seriously i knew i should have ordered it weeks ago but I tried to wait because i would get a bigger discount if i ordered both at the same time...that's what i get for being cheap, I suppose.

BTW - woke up this morning with a wicked sore throat. Took some medicine...not helping. I'm buying like 6 bottles of orange juice to drink today...usually that helps for some reason....

Oh and my cell phone officially died yesterday. I called to do a factory rest on Monday because the internet feature stopped working. at 5:30am yesterday morning when the alarm was supposed to go off, all that happened instead was the phone flashing on and off and that's all it did for the rest of the day. None of the buttons worked, and the only way to turn it off was take the battery out. So I called and told them and the guy sounded like he was giving me the news that my puppy died or something. He told me that my warranty expired in February and since I didn't purchase insurance, my only other option would be to upgrade the phone and sign another 1 year contract. One year is not so bad and the phone I' getting costs $400 and I'm getting it for free. They're having it over-nighted so I should get it some time today.

Heading to work now....:sick:

Hope that you get to feeling better! Take some Airborn, that stuff works wonders! Here's some pixie dust to help you get well... and to hopefully get your costume in time! pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:

Well...... Lumar's costume came yesterday..... and it's absolutely enormous.

I'll be returning it tomorrow. In the meantime, I have place a new order for a size smaller. Personally, I hate the way it looks and I don't think a size smaller is going to make it any better. But he wants to try it one more time so that's what we'll do.

I also ordered my costume last night... Based on the reviews, a lot of women have complained that the top part is too big and needed alterations... But if I get it one size smaller, it will be too small for me.

I like the idea of dressing up for Halloween, especially at the Magic Kingdom....but this is getting ridiculous. Now I know why almost everyone in 2007 was dressed as a pirate....it's just so EASY!

In other news, my sore throat has gone away but I'm now very congested and running a slight fever. I'm no worse than yesterday, but no better either. I could be worse, but right now I wish Lumar would just get sick and get it over with, otherwise I know he will be sick on our trip :sad2:

C'mon Lumar, hurry up and get sick!! You have only 11 days to get it and get over it.

Don't worry about the costumes. Everything will turn out fine. You will be in DISNEY WORLD and nothing else will matter.

Take care of yourself!!

OK so my costume came yesterday but I didn't get a chance to try it on yet. I'm going to do that tonight...hopefully it will fit OK. Still waiting for Lumar's replacement to come in....

Thanks to everyone for your well wishes! I am feeling MUCH better - just still congested and sneezing but that should clear up within a few days. Lumar on the other hand has not gotten sick yet so I am worried. Maybe we will get lucky and he either wont get sick at all, or at least will not get sick until we come back. Here's hoping.

I can't believe we're leaving next week! :woohoo:

OK so my costume came yesterday but I didn't get a chance to try it on yet. I'm going to do that tonight...hopefully it will fit OK. Still waiting for Lumar's replacement to come in....

Thanks to everyone for your well wishes! I am feeling MUCH better - just still congested and sneezing but that should clear up within a few days. Lumar on the other hand has not gotten sick yet so I am worried. Maybe we will get lucky and he either wont get sick at all, or at least will not get sick until we come back. Here's hoping.

I can't believe we're leaving next week! :woohoo:
It's great to hear you're feeling better! Maybe the bug will just pass Lumar over complete, and there won't be anything to worry about.

Get that costume tried on, girl! We wanna hear the verdict on it! :cutie:

So, as previously stated, I got my costume in the mail yesterday. I tried it on tonight (complete with the omega boots) and I have to say that although I know what those other chicks meant when they said some alterations may be required....it could be a heck of a lot worse. Overall, it's not that bad! I definitely need to find a way to take in the top part just a little bit, but other than that, my costume is good to go! This may be TMI for some, but basically it looks like it's made for women with a curvy middle and a smaller chest. It's like...puffy in the middle area. I don't know how else to describe it. But, like I said, overall it's not bad!

Still waiting for Lumar's costume to come in the mail.....

I finalized our transportation plans today... my mom is going to meet us at our house, follow us to my dad's house (so that I can leave my car with him while we're gone so hopefully he can fix my brake light and my radio which ceased to work about 2 weeks ago), and then drive us to the airport in her car from there. When we come back, my dad will pick us up from the airport and bring us back to his house, where the car will be waiting for us so that we can go home whenever we feel like it.

I have been scouring the information on the F & W Festival and I have created this list of things to do/eat/drink:

On 10/24, we have a dinner reservation at Tutto Italia for 6:15pm
On 10/28, we have a dinner reservation at San Angel inn for 6:30pm

I'm starting to wonder if we will make it to EITHER reservation based on the following information I've obtained on the additional pavilions:

Buenos Aires, Argentina – Empanadas
(FREAKIN' YUM)

The Mouse Catch – Cheese!
(Who doesn't love cheese, seriously?)

Mexico City, Mexico – Tacos, quesadillas, and Mexican Sunrise
(I don't know what a Mexican Sunrise is but I'll drink it!)

Krakow, Poland – Kielbasa & Potato Pierogies
(Never had one but I have a minor obsession with potatoes so I'm game)

Capetown Café – Seared Beef Tenderloin w/ Sweet Potato Puree and Mango BBQ Sauce
(Um....Mango BBQ Sauce? Why, yes, I think I will!)

Munich, Germany – Spaetzle Gratin w/ Ham & Cheese, Apple Strudel w/ Vanilla Sauce
(never had spaetzle before but all I really needed to hear was "ham & cheese" and I'm in! And HELLO apple strudel!)

Bologna, Italy – Pizza, Cannelloni, and Primavera
(My family is from near here and I haven't had Cannelloni in AGES...and yeah... Primavera....strawberry, banana, peach slush. I'll take two...)

Vienna, Austria – Paprika Beef Stew w/ Bacon Dumplings
(Bacon...in a dumpling...HELLO!)

Paris, France – Crème Brulee au Chocolat au Lait
(I don't need to even comment here...Chocolate Milk Creme Brulee with caramelized sugar...This is a no brainer! :love:)

San Juan, Puerto Rico – Ham Croquettes, Arroz con Pollo (Chicken with Rice), Ponatela Masa Real (Guava Cookie), Bacardi Frozen Dragon Berry Colada, Bacardi Frozen Mojito
(Yes to everything! According to Lumar - my resident 'Rican :hug: - Guava Cookies are amazing. Did I mention that Bacardi is my favorite alcohol? :rolleyes1)

Oh and Boys II Men will be playing for the Eat to the Beat Concert Series on 10/28! How cool is that?! I always wanted to check out one of these concerts but every time we go and there is some concert series going on, it's always someone I've never heard of or don't care for. I'm kinda psyched about this!

Soooo..... Maybe I'm going out on a limb here, but I think I need to hit the gym pretty hard over the next few days.

OK I seriously need to make a shopping list now. We haven't gone grocery shopping in over a month and tomorrow is Taco night so I need to get to the store after work tomorrow night! TTFN!

As of right now (3:50pm EST on Friday 10/16), this is the forcast for Orlando for next weekend:

Friday Oct 23
Partly Cloudy
High 86°F
Low 69°F

Saturday Oct 24
Scattered T-Storms
High 84°F
Low 67°F

Sunday Oct 25
Sunny
High 84°F
Low 65°F

Earlier this morning, the forecast from the same website said scattered T-Storms all weekend so it looks like whatever was headed that way is moving... C'mon sun!

PS - Jordy I'm sorry for the 4000 PM's I sent you earlier :rolleyes1
I get a half hour for lunch and I spent like 20 minutes waiting for the DIS to stop being slow so that I could send you that first message...then i was like oh crud... and had to wait for it to reload so i could send you another one...and then i was like oh crud again and had to wait for more reloading so I could send you ANOTER one. Apparently, I can't help but stalk you on my lunch breaks :rotfl2:

No worries! at least you were trying to look out for me!

It seems like it's "cooling" down a bit. Record heat down there as of late.

Oh my gosh it's almost here! :banana:If I don't talk to you before you leave, have a wonderful time. No matter what the weather is!

Have FUN!!!!!!

Oh my gosh it's almost here! :banana:If I don't talk to you before you leave, have a wonderful time. No matter what the weather is!

Have FUN!!!!!!

I need your address again so i can send you a postcard! PM me :)

Aren't you leaving soon?

Only 2 more days!!!!! And I have so much to do!

I managed to find a bigger suitcase at one of our tag sales last weekend. It's not brand new but it's in full working condition and it's twice the size of mine. I've got all of the clothes for both of us packed into that one case. So I can use my smaller case to pack my boots for my costume, along with the rest of our shoes, and Lumar's costume. All of the toiletries and stuff will go in plastic bags in the big suitcase, and then I can check an extra empty case, for anything that we buy that we can't ship home. Although I plan to ship as much as possible since it's so much easier.

In the meantime, I have been watching my sister's rabbit for a few days and now her car broke down so I have to drive him back to Massachusettes instead of her coming to pick him up....

We're having a baby shower for a friend of mine at work tomorrow and my stupid self volunteered to be the coordinator....so tonight I have to go to the store and pick up a bunch of stuff for that.

Oh, and my house is a DISASTER AREA! I really wanted to get it completely clean before we leave so I don't come to a messy house but I just don't think I'm going to have time! I'm hoping maybe I can convince my brother to clean while we're gone. That would be nice.....

Well guys, it's finally here! In 16 short hours, we'll be on our way to WDW!

I just finished packing and I'm completely exhausted! We had to cart all of our bunnies down to the shelter so they can be watched while we we're away, and I'm dropping off my birds at my dad's house in the morning....the house still looks like crap but I'm so tired right now that I really don't care.

Of course, I really feel like I'm forgetting something and I can't figure it out for the life of me. I think it's just jitters though...

I do have to go pack my coffee though before I forget and completely defeat the purpose of the coffee maker swap....

I even picked up some decorations from Target so we can decorate our room window for Halloween!

Well, good night everyone - have a FANTASIC week and I'll let you know when we get back! :wave:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter