Loop 1500 vs 2000?

jsmla

DIS Veteran
I booked a semi last minute trip in December and was only able to get a tent/pop up site. Which loop would work best for me? I’ll be there to meet up with friends staying offsite and am not interested in the pools or campfire program. I will also not be renting a golf cart. We’ve never had one and that’s an expense I don’t want to make. In September I walked to both the Outpost Depot and Marina from 1100.

I prefer something on the quieter side and will be in a Class B. Right now I’m thinking 2000 but am unsure.

Thanks!

I think eaither are hit or miss, 2000 when i stayed was quiet, and a though a bit bigger. But that depends on the site you get. Both have buses close by. The quite pool is closer to 2000. Both aren't close to the boats.

We prefer 1500 for various reasons(closer to meadows and pool for one thing). But be warned you can suffer noise issues no matter the size of the loop. We had a party two sites down once on the 1500 loop, and I kid you not there were 15-20 of them celebrating something and very loudly.

Since we have kids, we preferred 2000 because of the large interior meadow space to play in.
If we were just there with friends, I think 1500 is an easier walk to Marina or Depot.

You can end up a little bit away from the bus stop on 2000, it's actually several times bigger than 1500; and 1500 gets requested way more. so there's a decent chance they might not be able to grant a 1500 request, depending on how busy they are. Having said that, just got back recently from a stay where I was assigned 1507, and that was, hands down, my favorite site that I've ever been given.

Okay, if "quieter" is what you are looking for then you DO NOT want 2000. The year we stayed in 900 loop, we were right at the bridge that went over the ditch that linked 900 loop to the open group camping location, and 2000 loop was just on the other side of it. You could hear the 2000 loop from 900 loop. Also, in 2014 I met up with @snowmedic when he was staying on 2000 loop. It was 630 in the morning, that loop looked like the scene from Poltergeist when they opened the kid's bedroom door and all the toys were tearing the place up.

I can also state with certainty that when groups request to use the Creekside Meadow Group Camping site next to 2000, it can be already booked. So Disney, who does not want to turn away a dime of revenue, will put them in multiple campsites in 2000. I remember one of my long-ago stays in 2000 and kids were running through my campsite day and night (and they weren't my kids) just having fun and being kids.

But, on the flip side, 2000 is generally more quiet/empty on weekdays when you don't include Friday/Saturday nights.

1500 or 2000, though, it's possible to have boisterous neighbors in either loop. But I'd have to give the edge to 2000.

Bama Ed

I had the opposite experience. And i went halloween. 2000 loop was all in bed at 10 pm. Lol. Quite. During the day, yea, it has kidos running around and probably early. Kids tend to go to sleep early and rise early. But it was quite at nighttime and relaxing.

Thank you everyone!

Last year I wouldn’t have even asked but I was in 1100 last trip. I was disappointed at first but ended up loving the quieter atmosphere. We had turkeys and deer! I would guess that 95% of our stays have been in either 300 or 400 which felt a lot more cramped and busier. Does one loop have better spacing than the other?

I don’t mind kids or noise during the day. I’m the early to bed, early to rise type.

Thank you everyone!

Last year I wouldn’t have even asked but I was in 1100 last trip. I was disappointed at first but ended up loving the quieter atmosphere. We had turkeys and deer! I would guess that 95% of our stays have been in either 300 or 400 which felt a lot more cramped and busier. Does one loop have better spacing than the other?

I don’t mind kids or noise during the day. I’m the early to bed, early to rise type.

Some loops have some areas that are more spaced, then other parts of the loops are cramped together. Personally I like the looks of 700 when driving through it, but 900 is still my all time favorite, but with Disney price hiking it for no good given reason, I'll be eyeing 700 or 400 going forward. 400 was my first loop, so some strong memories of the squirrel family on site 420.

Some loops have some areas that are more spaced, then other parts of the loops are cramped together. Personally I like the looks of 700 when driving through it, but 900 is still my all time favorite, but with Disney price hiking it for no good given reason, I'll be eyeing 700 or 400 going forward. 400 was my first loop, so some strong memories of the squirrel family on site 420.
Rotfl, " strong memories of the squirrel family on site 420." No way that sentence can be interpreted nefariously. Ok , so they had a lot of legalized weed stories in the news today........

This was a slightly last minute (for Disney anyway) booking and the Tent/Popup loops (1500 and 2000) were the only thing available. I check every day for something else but, so far, nada.

Rotfl, " strong memories of the squirrel family on site 420." No way that sentence can be interpreted nefariously. Ok , so they had a lot of legalized weed stories in the news today........
That group of squirrels launched my reputation as "The Squirrel Whisperer" on this forum. Was never the intent, but it stuck none the less.

This was a slightly last minute (for Disney anyway) booking and the Tent/Popup loops (1500 and 2000) were the only thing available. I check every day for something else but, so far, nada.
Keep looking, your chances increase as the dates get closer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter