Looking for suggestions/opinions on the LARGE rental homes

MateasMom

<font color=teal>We're Mimis junkies<br><font colo
My family is planning a trip to WDW in January 04. There will be ALOT of us! 5 adult couples (my parents and my siblings/spouses), 2 'single' adults, and 8 kids (7,7,5,4,3,2,2,1). We are thinking of renting one of the homes in Formosa Gardens. Can we put 20 people in one of those homes, or do they have restrictions on occupancy? Most of the ads say '16+', but don't say that they can't go over a certain number.

Also, I have read somewhere (here I believe) that the rental homes can't have over a certain number (7 maybe) of bedrooms or they are concidered a hotel. I noticed a home with 8 rooms at one of the rental sites, is it a misprint?

Can anyone suggest a home for our group? We would like something slightly high end. It doesn't need to be lined in gold or anything, just above 'motel' standards. The homes we've looked into so far are Utopia, and Cinderellas other castle (I believe that was the name). Thanks!

Jana :)

MateasMom - Here is a link to a house that my family was considering renting - it's not on Disney property, but it's close by:

http://www.fhvr.net/cristal7br.htm

I can't say that I actually stayed there - we had two familes back out on us, so we ended up cancelling. But Nick Raby - who owns this house was very nice to work with. And as you'll see from the pictures I thought this place was like a mansion. A good site to find vacation rentals is www.vrbo.com.

We did rent a 4 bedroom villa from another person and found it to be wonderful - there is nothing like having your own private screened in pool!

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Happy Hunting!

I can't give you very specific information but can tell you our experience. We went as a group of 14 (13 adults & 1- 3yo) in Feb. 2000 and stayed at a home with 7 bedrooms. It was great!!!! It was in a new development outside Kissimmee. We had a private pool which is pretty standard. One thing to watch is (if you are going when it is cool) the amount of the charge for heating the pool. In the home we rented, it was included. We rented through a company called Knightsbridge Park but they have since changed their name and I don't know what it is. Check out the Kissimmee/St. Cloud tourism web-site listings. That is where I found that company. If you can't get everyone in one house, one of the larger companies can probably get you two smaller houses either close together if not side by side.

Although I love staying on-site, for larger groups like mine and yours, it is really a lot cheaper to rent a home.

Also note though, if you are not going in off season, allow plenty of time for traffic.

16 of us are staying in Formosa House at Formosa Gardens in February. When we booked up it was advertised as 9 bedrooms to sleep 18+ but now the adverts say 8 bedrooms for 16. Looking at the floor plan one of the bedrooms is now called a den.

We booked through here...
http://www.blueribbonvillas.com

Thank you! That's exactly what we are looking for. Isn't it great to be able to see the floorplan! It looks HUGE. Thanks :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter