Looking for some ideas!

Valentine

<font color=purple>BL II - Purple Team<br><font co
I posted this on the community boards as well.. but am turning to you all.. My family :) for some ideas as well!

A very close friend of mine recently passed away...leaving his family with practically nothing... actually.. nothing... he had no insurance.. and was on disability at the time... their youngest son has autism... and the oldest is in his first year of college.. well.. WAS planning on it... but now.. the family is in dire straights...

I am part of a large community theatre family... we have hundreds of people involved in the group... I am planning a fundraiser/memorial for our friend... and am looking for some unique ideas for the event. We will do a 50/50 - which we will sell tickets for prior to the event up to a month before... I plan to get donations from local merchants/restaurants/etc. to hold a Chinese Auction at the actual event..I was thinking about doing the money in the balloon idea...but... not really sure that would work based upon the size of the group....

but.. I don't know that this is enough...That is where you all come in... I know there are some creative minds here on the boards... and I want to hear any and all ideas for some fun ways to get people to open their pockets! For some background info....

The actual event will be held in a catering hall (donated to us).. we will be having entertainment provided by the different theatre groups...we will have basic buffet food.. also donated.. and will charge at the door.... I am not sure how to get beer and wine and soda donated.. but perhaps we could buy it wholesale... not sure....So.... go ahead.. give me some great ideas so that we can help this family!

thanks!

Kathy
________

You might be able to get the soda and or beer donated by contacting your local Pepsi, Coke, Miller, Bud, etc distributors. I have done this in the past and they have been happy to donate. There is no harm in asking. I think you are doing a wonderful thing and hope you are successful in helping the family.

I agree that you should contact the local distributors. You'll probably have to contact one distributor that will handle beer and soda then another for wine and hard liquor. You might also try hitting up local grocery stores and liquor stores - they'll usually donate something and if you suggest that you could use a few cases of soda or beer they would probably be happy to help out. A friend of mine owns a winery and he gets requests for donations to local charity events quite often, businesses expect it. Good luck, I hope it works out well for you.

Thanks.. these are some good ideas to start with! Any others?

I have always enjoyed watching shows like "Cash in the Attic" and "Antiques Roadshow".... it's amazing what treasures people have in their home.

That said, perhaps you can have people donate items that could be taken to auction and sold. I would imagine that you might get a few items donated that could bring good money.

Sometimes people are more willing to donate time, services, or items than cash.

Best of luck! I know that fundraising is a difficult task.
(Which leads me to think that it wouldn't be a bad idea to contact a development office at a college or university. Those folks are experts at fund-raising and might be able to point you in some good directions.)

:wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter