Looking for Adventure in the Great Wide Somewhere a PTR

Good to hear that you made a decision! :thumbsup2 Looking forward to you reporting what it was! :goodvibes

I really can't wait to hear what your decision is. How exciting to be under six months! The time is going to fly, I remember when it was still over a YEAR until your trip. :thumbsup2

I really can't wait to hear what your decision is. How exciting to be under six months! The time is going to fly, I remember when it was still over a YEAR until your trip. :thumbsup2

I know! It seems like only yesterday I was booking the rooms. Of course the weather still isn't any better than when I booked it last September. Actually I take that back it was probably warmer last September than it's been around here lately. I swear I'm begining to think I live in Seattle or something. I am so sick of the rain!

Under six months means that you would have been able to make ADRs by now under the old system!! :goodvibes

I know! It seems like only yesterday I was booking the rooms. Of course the weather still isn't any better than when I booked it last September. Actually I take that back it was probably warmer last September than it's been around here lately. I swear I'm begining to think I live in Seattle or something. I am so sick of the rain!

I have been meaning to tell you that when I went, I had a bounceback offer and it was good for a lot of weeks, but I did notice that your dates in December were not available. I am sure that is because of Pop Warner. D'oh! I hope some kind of discount comes around for you.

I'm itching to book my next trip even though I think it is a ways away.

Under six months means that you would have been able to make ADRs by now under the old system!! :goodvibes

I know! I keep thinking I'm falling behind with my organization, because I can't make my ADRs. I'm also not happy that when I do get to make them, I'm going to have to call twice, because with a split stay I can't use the 10+ rule to make ADRs for my entire trip. I'll have to call once for the first part of my stay, and then a second time for the second half of my trip. What a bother!

In the words of Lady Lallie, Pffftt!

I have been meaning to tell you that when I went, I had a bounceback offer and it was good for a lot of weeks, but I did notice that your dates in December were not available. I am sure that is because of Pop Warner. D'oh! I hope some kind of discount comes around for you.

I'm itching to book my next trip even though I think it is a ways away.

I know. Pop Warner seems to be reeking havoc on discounts for my time period. I'm still hopeful something will turn up.

That really stinks about the ADR thing. I would still try to make them when you first call because you can do the plus 10 days so they might let you. Or have they cracked down on that with the new system?

That really stinks about the ADR thing. I would still try to make them when you first call because you can do the plus 10 days so they might let you. Or have they cracked down on that with the new system?

I think they've been cracking down on it. I keep reading here on the boards that they are making people call back. I'm actually considering adding days on to my first reservation so I can make my ADRs and then cancelling them after I hit the day for my second reservations.

It's almost more of the aggravation. I'm normally on the train at 7am, so I'm going to have to take the morning off twice from work just to get my ADRs. Too annoying.

I think they've been cracking down on it. I keep reading here on the boards that they are making people call back. I'm actually considering adding days on to my first reservation so I can make my ADRs and then cancelling them after I hit the day for my second reservations.

It's almost more of the aggravation. I'm normally on the train at 7am, so I'm going to have to take the morning off twice from work just to get my ADRs. Too annoying.

You know, I might add on the days especially since you are doing room only reservations. That is a pain in the rear that you'd have to take off two mornings not that far apart! :headache:

Hi! I hope you don't mind me joining and reading along...I just spent the last 1/2 hour reading your PTR and I can't wait to hear what your decision is either!!:rolleyes1 You're going to love December at Disney, have you ever been? We went this past December the 8-14th and just LOVED :lovestruc it, it was sooo magical!!:wizard: I hope you have a wonderful time and I can't wait to hear more!!!:goodvibes

popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::

Alright, girlie. You dangled the carrot and yanked it away!

What's the decision? ;)

Hmm, I haven't been on all week and unless I missed a post, I don't see the decision. popcorn::

popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::

Alright, girlie. You dangled the carrot and yanked it away!

What's the decision? ;)

The decision is really coming! I just had one of those crazy weekends and didn't get a chance to do it. Definitely today. (I'm so not in the mood to be here at work! )

Hi! I hope you don't mind me joining and reading along...I just spent the last 1/2 hour reading your PTR and I can't wait to hear what your decision is either!!:rolleyes1 You're going to love December at Disney, have you ever been? We went this past December the 8-14th and just LOVED :lovestruc it, it was sooo magical!!:wizard: I hope you have a wonderful time and I can't wait to hear more!!!:goodvibes

Glad your joining in! I've never been to Disney in December. May, June, Sept., and October are my normal months. (And last year in a really hot August). I'm really looking forward to seeing all the holiday decorations. (And for it being hopefully not so hot and muggy).

After much deliberation and thought I finally came to a decision on my December trip. For days I kept going back and forth on what to do. I'd wake up in the morning convinced I really wanted this to be a solo trip, and at the end of the day (after switching back and forth about 10 times) I'd be sure I wanted to invite my BFF to come along. Finally I just went with my gut. No pro/con lists, no more debating. I just went with what my soul had been telling me was my only real decision.

My solo trip into the great wide somewhere is now a not so solo trip. :)

My friend will be joining me for a week of fun and relaxation in Disney this December. She accepted right away, although she was a bit worried that she had "guilted" me into inviting her. Not at all. I grew up with the expert in guilt, my italian grandmother, and have pretty much become immune to guilt treatments. :rotfl:I called CRO Thursday night and got added her on. While I'm a bit sad to be giving up my solo trip dream, I'm not regretful that I'm doing it. I know that sharing my Disney trip with one of my best friends is going to be even more special, and more than make up changing my trip. :wizard:

So let me introuduce the new player on this pre-trip report. For the sake of privacy I'll refer to her as simply as "H". This was us back on our 2007 trip. (That would be me on the right).

2007OctoberDisney-HeatherMeandFigme.jpg

H and I met while working at the same summer job ages ago when I was still back in college. Truly over the years, it has felt as if we were fated to meet up and become friends. We actually figured out that we had met years earlier when she was at one of my cousins birthday parties. She's been one of my nearest and dearest friends ever since. We share similar tastes in music, movies, and books. I've been mistaken for her more than just a few times, even once by my own mother. (How embarassing is that?) Oddly enough she's never mistaken by me. :confused3 I've never been told I look like anyone in my own family, but when we travel together people tend to think we are sisters. I've never really been one to have just one friend I consider to be my "best" friend, as even amoung my close friends, I'm always reluctant to truly open up. H is probably the one friend who knows me and my biggest secrets the best. She loves Disney as well, but hasn't been there nearly as often as I have. Our last trip was her first staying on property, and needless to say I got her hooked.

With the addition of my friend to my trip, I've been feeling myself slipping into my usual "planner" mode. Really and truly it's a sickness. Disneyplanneritis. I've been tearing apart my plans and reorganizing. A few changes will be made, because as soon as she said yes it became "our" trip and not just my trip. Much as I want to just kick back and relax, just knowing someone else is involved now, makes me so much more concerned about my plans. There is still going to be some solo time on this trip, which I am very much looking forward to, and some plans that I probably wouldn't have thought of if I was going alone. Really the best of both worlds.

So, hmmmm, now that there are two, is it time to let resortitis bite?

Yay, a decision has been made!!!:banana: You're going to have so much fun, let the planning begin!!! Does "H" have a lot to say about planning or is good to go with the flow? Had my first BFF trip in December (with our families) and it was the BEST TRIP EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :love:

I am so happy for you that you are at peace with your decision! Yayaya!

I love the picture of you two with Figment. :goodvibes I know how you feel about meeting someone you are just meant to be friends with, it's an awesome feeling. :cloud9:

I really really think you should let resortitis bite! I am dying to see where you end up staying. :yay: :woohoo: :yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter