Looking for a "WOW" restaurant for my kiddos

TheyCallMeStacey

Mouseketeer
I am looking to book a table service (or whatever really) meal that has a location that will wow my kids (8 and almost 6). I had thought about Blue Bayou, but it seems very expensive for just the ambiance - but that ambiance looks GREAT. Are there other restaurants that would have a really cool feel to it that the kids would love? Not really interested in characters at this point... I would love any suggestions!

THANKS!

My girls LOVED BB when they were little so we always made a point of going there. We would order one Monte Cristo and split it between the 3 of them, but MCs are smaller now and I don't know if your kids would like it or if it would be enough to share. However, consider splitting meals and the cost won't seem so bad. *Note: if you say you want to share a meal, there is no charge. They bring an extra plate and you split it up yourself. If you ask to split the meal, there is a hefty charge and the kitchen splits it for you and each person gets his/her own sides.

What about a character meal? Those are also pricey, though.

The BB is a wow but has high cost, DizMe has a good suggestion. Some other ideas depends on what movies you kids like. There is the Red Rose Tavern, or Flo's. It is a late meal but you could do the sit down meal at River Bell Terrace during Fantasmic.

I am looking to book a table service (or whatever really) meal that has a location that will wow my kids (8 and almost 6). I had thought about Blue Bayou, but it seems very expensive for just the ambiance - but that ambiance looks GREAT. Are there other restaurants that would have a really cool feel to it that the kids would love? Not really interested in characters at this point... I would love any suggestions!

THANKS!

Hmm, I'd still say Blue Bayou. Coolest location of all. I wanted to eat there SO BAD as a kid. I eat there at least once every trip as an adult. Nothing comes close to it for that ambiance (and I like the food, despite what some people here say). I've never had anything there that wasn't good.

Blue bayou is SO DARK, I can't see kids that age being into it. It's best for romantic meals, IMO. My kids really love all the counter service places at Disneyland the most, to be honest. Most of them are better themed than the table service. We do love the Carnation Cafe, though, sitting outside by Main Street. The food there is great, but simple.

As for sit down, we like Naples, Catal, Ralph Brennan's (live music every night!) and Tortilla Joe's. They are all great restaurants with amazing food and fun atmosphere. We like sitting outside under the blue umbrellas at Naples. It's a really cool vibe.

Blue bayou is SO DARK, I can't see kids that age being into it. It's best for romantic meals, IMO.
Omg my kid LOVED eating at BB! He thought eating “inside the pirates ride” was the coolest thing ever. We got him a drink with a glow cube and checked in 30 minutes early and requested a seat on the rail and he watched the boats go by the entire time. He was 3.5 at that time and he asks to go again all the time.

Omg my kid LOVED eating at BB! He thought eating “inside the pirates ride” was the coolest thing ever. We got him a drink with a glow cube and checked in 30 minutes early and requested a seat on the rail and he watched the boats go by the entire time. He was 3.5 at that time and he asks to go again all the time.

Eh, different strokes, I guess. My boys have never wanted to eat there. They don't like the dark, and don't even like PotC. They rode it a couple times as toddlers and always hated it. They still won't go on it at 13 and 15 years old. They hate the darkness. I ate at BB a few times and was underwhelmed by the food the last two times and haven't been back. Ralph Brennan's is SO much better for that type of cuisine.

One of my kids is not very much into characters, but she plays along for her little brother. I know she would love Blue Bayou, and my son would too, so we might be doing that next go around. They are 11 and 7.

My daughter (6) thinks Blue Bayou is very “fancy” and enjoys it for that reason. We eat there probably once a year just because it’s a cool experience. She’s also a big fan of Lamplight Lounge, mostly because of their donuts! Those things are seriously amazeballs. We also really like the theming in there and enjoy seeing all the movie stuff (we’re big Pixar fans). They have a ton of cool touches if your kids are at all into Pixar/art, like chairs with sketches on them.

To be honest, though, there’s not really a kid-GEARED table service restaurant option at DL right now (unless you count Goofy’s Kitchen at the DL hotel?). I’d love to see them add something with a show or some kind of kid-appealing components.

Oh yes, the glow cube! The height of joy for a little one. 😂

Another vote for the Blue Bayou! My son loves the Blue Bayou, he’s nine now and his first time eating there he was seven. One of his favorite rides is the Pirates of the Caribbean so I think that’s a big part of the appeal. It’s become part of our dining tradition now- if we don’t eat there he gets upset. 😂 I think most kids enjoy it- it’s really a cool atmosphere. He also loves Flo’s Cafe and any food in Cars Land but really there’s no other restaurant that compares with the atmosphere you get at Blue Bayou IMO.

Last edited:
To be honest, though, there’s not really a kid-GEARED table service restaurant option at DL right now (unless you count Goofy’s Kitchen at the DL hotel?). I’d love to see them add something with a show or some kind of kid-appealing components.

Agree, they need to add something like this. Or at the least, get Rainforest Cafe to come back. My son loved that place!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter