Looking for a tuna casserole recipe

bubie2.5

<font color=red>Oh, so that's what a tag fairie do
I don't know how to cook, not even a little bit, unless boiling water in considered cooking, but heck I can't even do that!... so I need help. My boyfriend is always telling me about his grandma's tuna casserole, so I want to make one for him, but I don't have the recipe and I need it to be an easy to do recipe, can you please help me. :) pleeeeeease.

Yield: 6 servings

6 oz Egg Noodles; Medium
2 T Butter
1 cn Cream Of Mushroom Soup
1 c Milk
1/2 c Sour Cream
1/2 t Salt
1/2 c Onion; Finely Chopped
1/4 c Pimiento; Sliced
1/2 c Green Bell Pepper;Fine Chop
1 c Celery; Chopped
6 1/2 oz Tuna; Drained And Flaked *
15 Ritz Crackers; **
Parsley; For Garnish

* An additional 3 oz can of Tuna can be added for a meatier casserole.
** Ritz crackers (15 = Half a Stack) should be broken but not crumbled.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
++++++++++++++++++ Cook noodles in salted water; drain. Coat with
butter. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. In a large saucepan, mix soup,
milk, sour cream, salt, onion, pimiento, pepper, and celery. Cook over low
heat, stirring frequently, for 15 minutes. Add tuna. Combine with noodles
and pour into 2-quart casserole. Sprinkle top with ritz crackers. Bat 20 to
25 minutes. Granish with parsley before serving. Makes enough for 6
hungry men.

Or a really easy simple way......cook egg noodles or a box of macaroni........when it is cooked......drain and rinse....put in a casserole dish.........in microwave.......mix a can of cream of mushroom soup..one can of milk.....and the can of tuna......white tuna is best.......cause it is less fishy......mix with the pasta.....in casserole......on top of the mixture.......mix some bread crumbs.....already made bread crumbs and margarine.....and put on top of the casserole.......bake for around 20-30 minutes.....hope you enjoy it

I think everyone has a different way to make this, but here are a few:

Tuna Casserole

1 can cream of mushroom or celery
1/2can milk
2 cans tuna
1c shredded Velveeta
1/2t dill
1/2t celery salt
3c cooked wide egg noodles
Combine all of the above and bake at 350 for 30 minutes.

Weight Watchers: 6 Points

TUNA CASSEROLE

8 oz. egg noodles
1 10-oz. pkg. Frozen peas
1 8-oz. can cream of mushroom soup
1 cup milk
1 12-1/2-oz. can tuna, drained
1/2 cup plain or seasoned breadcrumbs tossed with
3 Tbsp. melted butter
-or
1/2 cup crushed Ritz crackers tossed with 3 Tbps. melted butter or margarine

Heat the oven to 375 degrees with the rack in the center position. Grease or spray non-stick vegetable cooking spray on 1 medium to large ovenproof baking dish, or two smaller dishes.

Cook the noodles according to the directions on the package, but shorten the cooking time by 2 minutes. Drain the noodles and combine with the peas, soup and milk. Mash the tuna with a fork to break it up and add it to the noodles. Mix gently and spoon into prepared pan.

Sprinkle the crumbs over the top and bake for 35 minutes, until hot.
Variations: Add salt (taste first, as soup may be salted enough); freshly grated black pepper; white pepper; snipped fresh herbs, such as tarragon, or dried herbs. Also, if you're not an avid fan of bread crumbs, 2 cups may be too much. Toss 1/2 to 3/4 cups with 1 tablespoon melted butter or margarine for a light sprinkling.

Recipe By : Reader's Digest Down Home Cooking

Best Tuna Casserole

Ingredients:
1 (12 ounce) package egg noodles
1/4 cup chopped onion
2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
1 cup frozen peas
2 (6 ounce) cans tuna fish, drained
2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
1/2 (4.5 ounce) can mushrooms
1 cup crushed potato chips, optional

Directions:
1 Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, or until al dente; drain.
2 Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
3 In a large bowl, combine noodles, onion, 1 cup cheese, peas, tuna, soup and mushrooms; mix well. Put mixture into a 9x13 inch baking dish and top with the remaining 1 cup of cheese.
4 Bake in preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly; serve.
Makes 4 to 6 servings

Here's where I got these:

http://www.google.com/search?q=tuna+casserole

There are many more there.

The one thing to remember when cooking pasta is to make sure you use a large pot - so there is plenty of water.

Look these over and see if they might be what you are looking for.

If you have any problems don't be afraid to either come back here for help or email me.

You'll find a lot of helpful people here.

GOOD LUCK!

Thanks for the help pumba and dt. :)

Is it legal for me to copy those recipes for my personal use? I don't want to break any copyrights law.

them from a recipe board .......or a company.......they usually say.......From the Dis recipe site......give credit where credit is due.....that is all

Here is a really easy tuna casserole type dish.....

1 Pkg Kraft Macaroni n Cheese
1 can Tuna (drained)
1 small can early peas (drained)

Make the mac-n-cheese according to directions and then dump in drained tuna and drained peas.

I do the same as ripleys mom but no peas, and add pimentos and 1 can cream of mushroom or cream of celery soup top with grated cheese and brown it in the oven. I also add a little curry powder sometimes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter