Looking for a short-cut to Disney's gate

TamiT

Earning My Ears
We are taking our very first Disneyland trip w/ our two little boys (2.5 y/o and 4.5 y/o) on Monday, Sept. 25th. Much to our extreme disappointment we learned that the monorail will not be running (we've been telling them for over a year now about how they get to ride on the monorail, as a picture of it is in my son's train book.) Anyway, we are staying at Disney's Grand Calif hotel so my question is what's the easiest/fastest way to get two little ones to the front gate? I know it's .25 mile walking distance from the hotel to the gate so yes, it's doable, but I was wondering if there's a back way out of the hotel that drops you closer to the gate, since that hotel basically stretches almost to the entrances or maybe even "cutting through" Calif. Adventure via the hotel entrance would be faster. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Is there a short-cut?

Thanks a lot.
Tami

The Grand Californian has it's own private entrance on the side leading right into Down Town Disney, and from there it shouldn't take you more than 2 minutes to get to the front gates of Disneyland. :thumbsup2

There really isn't a need for a short cut from the Grand Calif. Its literally about a 5 minute walk to the bag check for both parks and a couple more minutes to the gates for Disneyland. The Grand does have its own entrance to California Adventure though.

I don't think it is even .25 miles to the park (but I am probably wrong). The walk between GC and DL is really short. Getting on a monorail would be a waste of time unless the monorail had a stop at the back the park. Does it?

Uh, well first of all, if you're staying at the Grand, you wouldn't take the monorail into DL anyway. The monorail station is WAY down by the DLH, about twice as long a walk from the GCH to DL front gate. The monorail is a convenience for people staying at the DLH and Paradise Pier. The Grand is SO close that you don't need a "shortcut". You are paying that much for a room due to location, location, location.

There are two entrances to the Grand (not counting the front lobby entrance). One entrance is about 1/3 of the way down the Downtown Disney walkway, closest to the DL end. When you exit the hotel, turn right and you will be at the security checkpoint in about one minute of walking. Eveyone has to pass through the security checkpoint. It is located before the esplanade, right where Downtown Disney ends. From the checkpoint, it is about another one minute walk to the actual front gate of DL.

If you wish to enter DCA, the hotel's direct entrance leaves you near Grizzly River Run (check out a map to see where the entrance is). If you do this intending to go to DL, it is a longer walk through the park, out the gates, and across the esplanade than just going out the Downtown Disney entrance. The DCA entrance is convenient ONLY when you are coming back to the hotel from DCA or going into DCA from the hotel.

I hope this helps. Don't feel bad, and the only "shortcut" I can even think of is if you can figure out how to fly.

Also if you aren't taking a stroller, and you are on the North East end of the hotel, you can exit through the stairs that lets you out right behind the Anne Geddes store next to the World of Disney. It beats having to wind you way back to the main lobby and through that exit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter