Looking for a Quieter Dining Experience in Epcot

scrappinginontario

My dd and I will be going to Disney in April with my parents. They are seniors, not overly adventurous eaters taste wise and I would like to offer a bit of a break from the noise and busyness of Epcot if I can.

Can you think of any restaurants that fit those requirements or am I looking for something that possibly does not exist?

We have Coral Reef booked one day but are spending a second day at Epcot.

Thanks!

Could you scoot out the back entrance and eat somewhere on The Boardwalk or Swan/Dolphin? Resort restaurants tend to be a little quieter than inside the parks.

Le Cellier might fit your needs. I think it's hit or miss on the "quieter" part of your needs.

Any restaurant can be quiet or loud at any given time and it can change quickly. All it takes is 1 table or 1 guest to cause the change. You are better off just booking your ADRs based on cuisine and not based on how busy or loud/quiet it is. Ambiance at a restaurant (any restaurant) is hit or miss, so you might as well go someplace where at least you'll be able to enjoy the food if nothing else.

My dd and I will be going to Disney in April with my parents. They are seniors, not overly adventurous eaters taste wise and I would like to offer a bit of a break from the noise and busyness of Epcot if I can.

Can you think of any restaurants that fit those requirements or am I looking for something that possibly does not exist?

We have Coral Reef booked one day but are spending a second day at Epcot.

Thanks!

We, too, prefer quieter restaurants and have had pleasant experiences at Monsieur Paul in Epcot. Other calm locations are three nearby resort restaurants: Yachtsman, Flying Fish and Blue Zoo. If you must stay in Epcot and Monsieur Paul is not appealing, the outdoor seating at Rose & Crown, Via Napoli and Spice Road Table tends to be calmer than indoor seating.

Le Cellier tends to be quieter and even Garden Grill is usually calm even with the Characters :)

If you are trying to eat around a main time (ie 6pm) every restaurant will be crowded and noisy. If you go at a more off time, you have a much better chance of it being quieter.
We were at Le Cellier in October. While crowded, it didn't seem overly noisy.
Tokyo dining (if you ike that type of food) was really good and very quiet.

I agree with trying the restaurants on the Boardwalk-about a 5 min walk or boat ride out the Int'l Gateway in the World Showcase. Flying Fish or Trattoria al Forno will be a little less hectic than the restaurants in the park. If you're staying in the park try Restaurant Marrakesh in Morocco-I know you said you aren't very adventurous eaters but their food isn't over the top different. DH & I were afraid to try it but were so glad we finally did-the chicken couscous & chicken & beef kabobs were really good. Not too Americanized but not too different either. We've eaten here 3x & it's never been overly crowded.

Thanks everyone! Lots of great suggestions here! Appreciate your help. We'll chat it out after Christmas (when some learn that this trip even exists!! :D) and then go from there.

Tutto Gusto is also nice. Avoid the Wave and Olivia's. We found them the noisiest ever on our trip last week.

Ale & Compass (Yacht Club) would be a short walk or boat ride from the International Gateway, is open for lunch and dinner, is rarely full, and serves standard fare. On their lunch menu, I’d argue they have one of the best burgers on property.

In the past, we've never had a noisy time at Le Cellier, Rose & Crown, Chefs de France and San Angel Inn. It's been a while, but Marrakesh can get noisy when they have the belly dancing going on and Biergarten got a little crazy the couple of times that we've eaten ther, so I'd avoid those two for sure. We still have yet to try Monsieur Paul, but I'd imagine that it would have more of a quiet atmosphere.

How senior? We're generally not as sensitive to noise and bustle & bustle as you going whippersnappers seem to think. :)

Yeah, probably easy - since these aren't in Epcot :D
lol, thanks. My dad is in his late 70’s and has health challenges that make him more sensitive to noise. They desperately want to visit Disney one more time so I’m trying to look for ways that I can give him a break throughout the day.

I booked the Rose and Crown last night as many had suggested. It is still within the park but it might (or might not) offer a bit of a reprieve for him. We will have a scooter that they will share to decrease the walking a bit but exiting the park to travel to a resort might be a bit much.

My dd and I visit WDW often (just returned home to Canada Monday) but I’m looking at this trip from a different point of view to make it wonderfully enjoyable for them yet also a trip tailor made to decrease unnecessary stress and steps if and when I can.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter