Longtime lurker finally posts a PTR...8/6 - 8/13 @ POP

We booked the bounceback while we were there but I have changed the reservation twice already. We were actually able to get a much better deal because my dad is retired military.

Just thought I would add another detail. I have never flown before and am deathly afraid of what my reaction will be once I'm on the plane. I am trying to fill my head with Disney thoughts to get over this but I know the time will come when I will have to board that plane and act like a grown up so my kids dont freak out with me. Any encouraging thoughts will be appreciated.
I flew lots when I was younger but wont fly at all now (we are taking the train out of Boston). The one thing I used to remind myself about flying is how many millions of people fly every year and how few incidents there actually are! That and valium! Good luck! :)

I flew lots when I was younger but wont fly at all now (we are taking the train out of Boston). The one thing I used to remind myself about flying is how many millions of people fly every year and how few incidents there actually are! That and valium! Good luck! :)

I don't fly either. I have and I loved it when I did. Never had any problems. But developed a phobia years ago and just can't do it. I travel by train and have gone to WDW many times by train. My brother did it once (Train to WDW) and hated it! He doesn't like to fly but he'll take that over the train any day. :laughing: Just think of how much quicker you'll get there by plane! I am sure you'll do great! :thumbsup2

Yep that is true - plane ride is alittle under 3 hrs...shouldn't be too bad...my kids have tons of stuff to do on the plane....wonder what I should do to keep busy...can you turn your cell phone on on the plane?

Just about down to 2wks now - not much left on my to buy list but I think I'll grab the mister fans this week - plan on doing most of our last minute shopping next week though.

I couldn't tell you about cell phones on the plane. Your flight is so short compared to my trip on the train! I am sure the time will fly by for you!

Let me know how your misters work! I am hoping I don't need them, tho. Going in winter it usually doesn't get too hot. I hate carrying things with me so the less I have to carry the better!

Just about down to 2wks now - not much left on my to buy list but I think I'll grab the mister fans this week - plan on doing most of our last minute shopping next week though.

The use of cell phones during flight is banned by the FAA and the FCC. As soon as the plane starts to move, cell-phone use is forbidden.

Since a cell phone is constantly working to communicate even if you are not using it to call it can't be on.

Have fun getting your last min shopping done :)

My son loves the mister fans. We just have little ones. He runs them all day long!

The use of cell phones during flight is banned by the FAA and the FCC. As soon as the plane starts to move, cell-phone use is forbidden.

Since a cell phone is constantly working to communicate even if you are not using it to call it can't be on.

Depending on the cell phone, you can set it to airplane mode if you want to use the other features; it won't try to communicate with the towers and therefore can't be used as a phone.

Our Target had the mister fans on sale when we were in there this weekend. I think they were about $6. I thought of you when I saw them. :)

2 weeks! :banana::banana: You will be there before you know it.

Our Target had the mister fans on sale when we were in there this weekend. I think they were about $6. I thought of you when I saw them. :)

2 weeks! :banana::banana: You will be there before you know it.

:lmao: Going to Target tomorrow - will take a look since I haven't been to home depot yet - dont want to spend $10 each if I dont have to, especially since we will probably put them away until we go back

Depending on the cell phone, you can set it to airplane mode if you want to use the other features; it won't try to communicate with the towers and therefore can't be used as a phone.

Well I checked my phone after reading your post and there is an airplane mode! Who knew!!!! So I guess I can still play my games and stuff - at least it will give me something to do. Thanks!!!

Have fun getting your last min shopping done :)

My son loves the mister fans. We just have little ones. He runs them all day long!

Thanks! Hoping to make a trip to Target tomorrow and get the last few things other than snacks and stuff which I can get next week...cant believe we're just 2wks away now

on my list for today (hoping to go to Target)

The blasted mister fans (they better be there) for some reason the mister fans dont want me to find them....but I will!!!!

My memory card

I'm hoping to find a backpack for DH - you know like those I guess nylon type like Nike bags? I'm horrible at descriptions but its more like a drawstring backpack than a regular backpack...well I saw some at famous footwear for $11 so I figured that would be good for him to tote some stuff around the park...well, he isn't getting off easy and carrying nothing :lmao: of course he may be the one carrying the 8yr old hahaha

Another bottle of sunscreen - I really think we'll go through more than 1 bottle so I'm bringing an extra just in case

Next week I'm getting our snacks, my backpack, and I desperately need some shorts/tanks - hoping I can get some good clearance deals with summer being over and stuff.

Also next week we're having DD4's Bday party Saturday since were technically leaving on her birthday so I have to grab some gifts for her and decorations. She wanted a DSi (she has the regular one now) but now tells me she wants a dollhouse (which she already has one of those too) I dont know, I know I'm not spending as much as I normally would since we're leaving for our trip so I guess I just walk around Toys R Us and see what catches my eye.

So to sum it up - I'll be a busy lady next week, and a broke one :rotfl:

Also, now that I am 14 days away I could just pee myself....so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 :banana::lmao::thumbsup2:):woohoo::yay::cheer2:

Also, now that I am 14 days away I could just pee myself....so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :banana::lmao::thumbsup2:):woohoo::yay::cheer2:

2 Weeks!! :yay::yay::yay:

You're staying at Pop, right? Let me know how you liked it. That's where we are staying and I've never been before. I usually do moderate resorts but had to economize this trip and Pop gets such good reviews!

2 WEEKS!!!!!!!!! :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

:cheer2::cheer2:Yay for 2 weeks!:cheer2::cheer2:

You are going to be one busy lady. I still need to make a big to do list for our trip, but at least I have 2 months, you just have 2 weeks! :banana::banana:

:wizard:Good luck finding the mister fans!

2 Weeks!! :yay::yay::yay:

You're staying at Pop, right? Let me know how you liked it. That's where we are staying and I've never been before. I usually do moderate resorts but had to economize this trip and Pop gets such good reviews!

2 WEEKS!!!!!!!!! :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

I want to hear all about Pop too. Will be there in a month and a half! :thumbsup2

So I went to the dollar store, famous footwear and Target last night
I got

at the dollar store
10 packages of ponchos (2 in a pack) for $1 each
a laundry bag for our dirty clothes for $1

Famous Footwear
Black Nike drawstring backpack with several compartments for $15 for DH - not a bad deal at all and I think he'll got more use out of it than besides just for Disney

Target

NOTHING! They didn't have the mister fans either!!! What the heck! Stupid fans. I didn't get my memory card either because a 4GB one at Target was almost $40 and the 4GB one at Walmart was 14.88 - so I'm wondering if something is wrong with the one at Walmart lol I have to go back there and find out why its only $15...seems weird to me.

Well thats all for now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter