Long island new york dvc members page

Will you be visiting WALT DISNEY WORLD this summer?

• YES

• NO

Results are only viewable after voting.
I am a NYC teacher. I have taught grades 1 and 2 for most of my 26 year career. Many parents ask me this and I actually encourage it. I believe family time is ver important. I regret not doing so with my own DD-18 years old. Except this coming Sept/Jan, we are leaving work/school to go down, especially during Food/Wine and MNSHP! First time ever.

First time we went were when the kids were 6. We pulled them out of school for week in early June. Second time they were 8 but we went during February week. The 3 rd time we bought into DVC and continued to go only during school breaks. I work for a school district and have off when schools are closed. DH could work out his time off then as well.

Looking back to pulling them out of school for that week is now (this was WOW 19 years ago!!!!) inconsequential. Was then too for that matter. It was first grade and I think their memories of that first trip trump the off week by a lot!:cool1:

Knowing your kids and how they handle ( or don't) backup/makeup work, IMO anyway, is a deciding factor.

As time goes, by that week you pulled them out of school becomes so much less an issue or memory, but the trip to Disney stays fresh and lasting.

Oh.....
I am doing this summer and Fall......
When in Fall?
Where are u staying?
Where do you own?

Thinking of getting a small 50 point contract. Anybody else thinking about this?

I assume the price will be about that of the GFV or a little lower with incentives in terms of point cost and mf's. Same point inflation as GF.

Thinking of getting a small 50 point contract. Anybody else thinking about this? I assume the price will be about that of the GFV or a little lower with incentives in terms of point cost and mf's. Same point inflation as GF.

The next time I buy it will be resale. I have done business with the time share store and I recommend them.

I want POLY!
BTW, saw a license plate last week at Galleria of Westbury.....LV4DISNY.....
Is she out here???

Hello all. It's been a quiet summer on this thread. Does anyone care to share a summer Disney trip.

I'm excited because I am booked on the Disney Wonder to Alaska next July.

Oh.....
I am doing this summer and Fall......
When in Fall?
Where are u staying?
Where do you own?

Hi Ree, sorry I never replied. I haven't been on the boards much at all this summer. I'm going down with a bunch of cousins second weekend in November and can't wait!!! Just starting some planning. All adults no kiddies or husbands :goodvibes

When are you going and where are you staying? Maybe we can work out a meet....

DeeCee,
No worries!
I am going 25-29 September.......we will miss each other by a few days.
All we could get back in April was Saratoga Springs.........it is only me and my DD...our first
MNSSHP and F/W!!!!#stoked
Maybe one day we will meet up....

Hello all. It's been a quiet summer on this thread. Does anyone care to share a summer Disney trip.

I'm excited because I am booked on the Disney Wonder to Alaska next July.
Hi I started an early summer trip may22-june 1st 10 days of a magical adventure that was amazing and loooong lmao me saying long .
it started by me adding an extra day to our trip because we wanted to be there for our Anniversary on the 23rd and disney had the 24 hour special if we wanted to do it .well it started off with our departure day i always head to the airport early and thank pixies i did it was not a great night to fly and we got there early and the flight before ours did not arrive yet ? so iasked about getting on that flight and the lady said it would be 50.00 a person and I replied nicely that if this plane is empty why not wave the fee because on one hand if my flight is full you now have 3 extra seats and she said i will look and she was nice enough to wave the fee and we basically arrived the time i would of on my flight we stayed the first night at what i call a shower and a bed . the next morning Our Anniversary we Checked in at All Star Movies for one night (thats because these 2 nights were added ) it was so hot and humid we decided to do a tiny bit of shopping and relax in the pool and just relax we did not book any adrs and basically ate off property we were keeping food budget cheap . the next morning we took a swim before checking out and then checking in at homewood suites by the airport for one night and wait for my niece to come in . Now this hotel was amazing 5 stars i would give this place for everything including the breakfest in the morning . Well now the real vacation starts ? cont next page

well it was time to drive to port to spend 4 magical days on the Dream and it was Amazing met some more new disney friends from all over the world and we all had a magical time . this was my nieces family first cruise and to disney except she has been here a few times . after a long magical 4 days cruising it sadly had to come to an end with a lot of tears . onto 4 more magical at WDW we relaxed on departure day and then went to MK we had dinner at CP with a friend from CA it was alot of fun then we stayed till closing . the next day i have been dying for star wars weekend now this was extremely a lot of fun but alot of people too were in the park and i loved it some people dressed up for it made it fun. but my nieces little one did not feel good so we needed time to relax and then we went back later and closed the park . after that niece had to pack she was leaving sun and we left mon . we had one more relaxing day and we left on monday it was a great stay at AKL Kidahini loved waking every morning and looking out on the savanna it was so magical this became one of my favorite resorts so far . after a long magical 10 days it was finally time to come home to Long Island .

This thread sure has been quiet this year! I haven't been on Disboards too much.

Anyone going to the "Great Moments with Walt Disney" this Sunday?

Anyone going on the DVC Members Cruise to Alaska in May?

We are doing both, God Willing! :thumbsup2

Hi Guys i want to wish everyone a Happy Holiday and Happy New Year
and no we are not going Sad Sad Sad
No plans on table right now for 3-4 years even tho i have permission to go on a solo trip , but money and funds are low hoping for next Jan 2016 for my solo trip ?

Boughr DVC APs last year and will have a total of 4 trips using them-over 35 days worth it.
Heading down in 6 weeks.
So excited for our first ever winter trip.
Planning Summer 2015 in a week

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!