• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Long island new york dvc members page

Will you be visiting WALT DISNEY WORLD this summer?

• YES

• NO

Results are only viewable after voting.
Let me explain better: Wyndham does NOT give you housekeeping! The "points" merely cover clean up when you LEAVE, to ready the condo for the next guests. It is NOT for cleaning while you are in the condo, which they do not do.
So when you go on a Wyndham timeshare sales meeting, the sales weasel will tell you that you can divide up your 1 week worth of points into a weekend here, 3 days there, etc. But he will NOT tell you that every one of those 2 or 3 day stays will cost you ONE week of housekeeping points. So you will quickly be paying them for extra points. AND every time you make a reservation after perhaps your first 2 per use year, they will charge you a "transaction fee."

Wow! That's most definitely a deal breaker for us. I do thank you for this info. If we ever look at any other timeshare purchase, this will go on the top of the list of many questions.

DVC points are very expensive. Especially on the new resorts purchased direct from Disney. But it truly is a superior vacation experience when compared to some if the off property non a Disney offerings.

That's one of the reasons we purchased off the secondary market. That and we wanted to own at VWL. If we were limited to one resort.. that would be it, not that we are.

Wow! That's most definitely a deal breaker for us. I do thank you for this info. If we ever look at any other timeshare purchase, this will go on the top of the list of many questions.

To be more exact: You are given housekeeping points and "free" transactions based on how many points you get per year.
A small, normal point package would be about 125,000, which is enough for a week at many locations off season. You get 1 housekeeping point for every 1,000 points you have. Housekeeping costs:
Studio-28 points
1 BR- 63 points
2 BR - 77 points
etc. You also lose the points when you transfer points to RCI!
As for the "transactions," 128K is enough for 2 free transactions.
So you can see from above, if you have 128K points, and you want 3 weekends in 1 bedrooms, and book them separately, you will be charged for an extra transaction and must buy extra housekeeping points.

I have to agree with you I have done many Timeshare tours and nothing compears to DVC , Westgate if i remember they also gave every last ditch effort on selling and it was a rough push . the diamond resort if im correct they were ok not to bad , but nothing even came close room wise as cheary as disney

I recently thought of getting Diamond Resort International (US Collection) points for FREE. The seller pays EVERYTHING including this year's membership fees, transfer fees, etc. AND would give me $600 for next year's membership fees or whatever I wanted to use it for. The contract had double points available for an immediate 2014 vacation. I had dreams of an RCI transfer into a WDW resort with those points.

Seemed too good to be true. After checking into DRI, I abandonded the idea. Westgate on another board is called "Wastegate" and the lastest story is about an Austrailian who will pay $44,000 after finance charges ($19K purchase price) for the Westgate Town Centre property. He saw his 2 bedroom in week 26 on the resale market ASKING for $900 + maintenance fees. He is sick to his stomach about this. Saleman told him he could very easily rent his time for $2 to $4K if not used. People on other board said it was a lie - too much competition - rental rates are rock bottom for that property, if it could be rented at all.

Be thankful you did not get involved.

The more I hear about other timeshares, the more I like DVC.

I recently thought of getting Diamond Resort International (US Collection) points for FREE. The seller pays EVERYTHING including this year's membership fees, transfer fees, etc. AND would give me $600 for next year's membership fees or whatever I wanted to use it for. The contract had double points available for an immediate 2014 vacation. I had dreams of an RCI transfer into a WDW resort with those points.

Seemed too good to be true. After checking into DRI, I abandonded the idea. Westgate on another board is called "Wastegate" and the lastest story is about an Austrailian who will pay $44,000 after finance charges ($19K purchase price) for the Westgate Town Centre property. He saw his 2 bedroom in week 26 on the resale market ASKING for $900 + maintenance fees. He is sick to his stomach about this. Saleman told him he could very easily rent his time for $2 to $4K if not used. People on other board said it was a lie - too much competition - rental rates are rock bottom for that property, if it could be rented at all.

Be thankful you did not get involved.

The more I hear about other timeshares, the more I like DVC.
westgate reminds me of Bernie Madoff all lies !
and DRI i bought there try out package and the only bad thing i can say fom staying in Orlando and Vagas is very bad lack of security and there rooms were at cheery at all . I was looking for a second Timeshare to back up disney but none of them them i liked sheraton was ok hilton was nice but extremely high

Do you have to be dvc to be on this board? I am on long island and was just looking for other Disney long island friends!

We welcome all, so welcome neighbor. If you have any questions about buying DVC feel free to ask.

Well thank you! I was actually going to see about renting points for this trip we are taking February 2015 to see how it is. We have only been to Disney once before!

So I was walking around Roosevelt Field mall last night. I was near the location where the DVC preview center was located. I had to think how amazing the the center opened and closed in such a short time. Why did it fail? Are Long Islanders not the target market for DVC? I am!!! I just find the whole history of the preview center puzzling.

So I was walking around Roosevelt Field mall last night. I was near the location where the DVC preview center was located. I had to think how amazing the the center opened and closed in such a short time. Why did it fail? Are Long Islanders not the target market for DVC? I am!!! I just find the whole history of the preview center puzzling.

I don't know how they could ever sell enough ownerships to support the center.

I Agree Joe I was there before anyone and i volunteered to take the first picture of the Opening cast member crew , it is sad i have to agree , but the down fall for NY and Chicago was the changing of the guard due to the mistakes with the dues for Aluni ?

I don't know how they could ever sell enough ownerships to support the center.
and from what i herd they exceeded there sales numbers but not 100% sure because one of the final CM told me ?

and from what i herd they exceeded there sales numbers but not 100% sure because one of the final CM told me ?
I guess that it's possible, but every time I was there, there wasn't exactly a line of people waiting to buy. Compare that to the mills run by Wyndham, where lambs are lead to slaughter in shifts.

I guess that it's possible, but every time I was there, there wasn't exactly a line of people waiting to buy. Compare that to the mills run by Wyndham, where lambs are lead to slaughter in shifts.
I have to agree with you even when i went to chicago it looked the same there but then again we cannot see the every minute operation hours and how much they get out of doing special functions or certain parties ? but the bottom line is it was like a touch of disney without going to disney :sad1:

I see it different. I only want that Disney feeling when at Disney. That's what makes it special. I won't even go in a Disney store when at the mall and seeing stuffed Disney characters sitting on the shelf at Walmart is sacrilege. Lol.

Even though i live in NC now, I was born and raised on Long island (DH too)...worked for News 12 for years! We left the Island in 2003 to pursue a lifelong dream...and now we are living another: owning DVC! We are in ROFR on our first contract right now. My whole family still lives on the island (Ridge, Shirley, Massapequa, Levittown, Lake Grove, and DH lived in Melville).

Even though i live in NC now, I was born and raised on Long island (DH too)...worked for News 12 for years! We left the Island in 2003 to pursue a lifelong:thumbsup2pixiedust: dream...and now we are living another: owning DVC! We are in ROFR on our first contract right now. My whole family still lives on the island (Ridge, Shirley, Massapequa, Levittown, Lake Grove, and DH lived in Melville).

Good luck in ROFR. Fingers crossed for you. :cool1:

I sure miss it. Drove by Roosevelt Field the other day, and even the big DVC ad on the garage was gone.
i miss that sign and i was there about a month ago where it was and it felt like the magic in that area is gone

I see it different. I only want that Disney feeling when at Disney. That's what makes it special. I won't even go in a Disney store when at the mall and seeing stuffed Disney characters sitting on the shelf at Walmart is sacrilege. Lol.
I know what you are saying Joe but some people hint me take everything disney to a next levels because if i cannot be in disney even seeing those statues at wal mart put a smile on my face :goodvibes

Even though i live in NC now, I was born and raised on Long island (DH too)...worked for News 12 for years! We left the Island in 2003 to pursue a lifelong dream...and now we are living another: owning DVC! We are in ROFR on our first contract right now. My whole family still lives on the island (Ridge, Shirley, Massapequa, Levittown, Lake Grove, and DH lived in Melville).
Hi and welcome and good luck ROFR which home resort you guys going for ?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter