Loews First = Misleading!

Jon360

Mouseketeer
Last August we stayed at the Portofino and they said because we were using a special discount rate the Loews First benefits and upgrades did not apply to our stay. We used the Annual Passholder rate.

I am now planning for a few trips this year and do not understand why Loews First expects me to book a room at the highest possible rate just to be able to make use of their privelages.

With discounted rates always available for HRH and PBH, how can Loews First expect anybody to realistically make use of their program benefits??

Nowhere on the Loews first card does it say that I must pay RACK RATE to obtain the benefits. I feel that Loews should be more up front that this program only applies to customers who are not paying a discounted rate. The funny thing is that I am always receiving mailings from Loews first with different offers for discounts at their various properties around the country. Loews First is offering discounts for stays in which you will not be able to use the Loews First benefits! Does this make any sense??

If this is the case, not being able to get Lowe's first benefits with a discounted rate, they should let the reservationists know. I was told that I could get the benefits with the Entertainment rate when I booked through Universal. I also received the postcard for an upgrade to a suite and was told that I could use that as well (if a suite is available).

I am pretty sure you were given bad information when you stayed in August. I know several people on this board have stayed and gotten both the AP rate and the Lowes First benefits. Not sure who exactly it was but I'm sure JessicaR or Robin may no more (I think they've both stayed at Portofino).

Good Luck,
Jim

Hi Jon,

I just wanted to share with you my experience with the Loew's program. I booked a package through Universal. It was pay for 3 nights get the 4th night free. I did not pay rack rate for the first 3 nights. As a matter of fact the rate was the same rate being offered through Entertainment. $160 a night and my 4th night was free. I used my Loews card at check in and did get an upgrade and the other perks offered using the card. I have also seen posts on this board where the entertainment rate was honored and the guest did get to use their Loews card. I am wondering if it comes down to the moment of check in to actually get the perks. I know many have stated after calling that the entertainment rate doesnt qualify due to the fact that it is a discounted rate. perhaps at check in its a different story? When calling the hotel to have your Loews Card # put in your ressie I wouldnt make any mention to the discounted rate and just see what happens. Okay this should help...I just looked at my Membership Guide it states..."With any qualifying stay*"

*qualifying stay...Any published rate...group and negotiated rates do not apply.Not valid with any other discount program,coupon,complimentary or promotional offer or any other AAdvantage mileage program.

How very confusing!! Hope this helped some.Good luck to you..I would still see what happens at check in! :D

jessica5.gif

It's even more confusing when I see posts from people who say they received the benefits. First I was denied from the check in clerk. Then I was denied by the manager of the hotel. Perhaps checking in at 2am had something to do with the rejection but I really don't know. I guess I will see what happens when I check in my next stay...

Jon,
I just wanted to add that I just did a search on this site..I typed in Loews First. The posts are very interesting to read! Seems there are quite a few people that have booked using AP and entertainment rate and the universal fan club that did in fact get the benefits of their Loews card as well. A thought...maybe they are just now enforcing the policy? I wonder. It bothers me that there is so much contradicting information given depending whom you speak with. They need to get it together!

jessica5.gif

Not that it should matter but...Did you check in using the special line designated for Loews members?

jessica5.gif

Jessica,

I checked in at 2am and there was one woman at the desk. No separate lines. I gave her my Loews First card and she said that since I have a discounted rate it cannot be used. I had a problem with my assigned room so while speaking to the manager about the problem I showed him my Loews First card and he also told me that it cannot be used for special rates... Very confusing...

-Jon

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter