Lock offs

eandt

But Why is the Rum Always Gone?? DVC/AP
What are the benefits and drawback of lock offs?

i have been wondering the same thing... but this is what I have found...
Pros:
1) Separate entrance so people can come and go without bothering the main living area. This IS great if you have people sleeping in the living room
2) You get an additional microwave and little fridge.
3) If guests are not staying as long as you, you can release the studio part, and not have to move rooms for the rest of your stay.

Cons:
I believe a drawback is that the second bedroom is a studio, which means that rather than have two regular queen beds, you have a queen and a pull out bed.

i have been wondering the same thing... but this is what I have found...
Pros:
1) Separate entrance so people can come and go without bothering the main living area. This IS great if you have people sleeping in the living room
2) You get an additional microwave and little fridge.
3) If guests are not staying as long as you, you can release the studio part, and not have to move rooms for the rest of your stay.

Cons:
I believe a drawback is that the second bedroom is a studio, which means that rather than have two regular queen beds, you have a queen and a pull out bed.
Thank you for the input. So if you go for the 2 br lockout and part of the party can't make it then you could cancel the studio portion (saving the points) but still keep the 1br?

Some lock off’s have the extra single pull down bed and have occupancy of 5 while dedicated will have two full beds without the pull down holding 4. They will list the dedicated two bedroom for 8 and two bedroom lock off up to 9.

[/QUOTE]
Thank you for the input. So if you go for the 2 br lockout and part of the party can't make it then you could cancel the studio portion (saving the points) but still keep the 1br?
No What you can try to do, if you are staying 7 days, and part of your group is only there 4 days, you can book a LO 2BR for 4 days, and then a studio or 1BR for the next 3 days. Then go to the front desk ask ask then to assign the 1BR or studio that was part of your LO to you for the last 3 days, and maybe not have to move rooms.

If you booked a 2BR LO, you can't change your reservation to just a studio or just a 1BR. Just like if you booked a 1 BR and a studio, you can't call MS and have them covert it to a 2BR LO and "save some points" (the LO premium). If availability exist in the categories you are changing to, you can. In that case you are really cancelling and making a new reservation, not changing your existing reservation.

LO have 2 separate balconies. Some dedicated have single larger balconies.
Also, while it is true the LO gives you an extra entry door and a kitchenette, the dedicated uses that space for closet/storage area (the room may feel bigger).

This is not accurate, There have been a few reports that they have gotten CMs to change it and release part, but that is not the rule and not supposed to happen.

In terms of a stay when there, there is also no guarantee that if you go from a 2 bedroom lock off to a studio or 1 bedroom after guests leaves, you get to stay in the part you are keeping.

There have been plenty of reports of people having to move because it all depends on what is happening that check out/check in day.

The lock off is simply a 1 bedroom and a studio. So, with the studio part, you get the kitchenette and the sofa bed..Murphy for RIV and SSR…for the second bed as well as a second entrance in the room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter