Lizzie McGuire spinoff "Stevie Sanchez" auditions

zenumber1brat

Earning My Ears
Does anybody have any information on the auditions for the new show "Stevie Sanchez" which is a spinoff of Lizzie McGuire? I know that the auditions are in LA on January 25, 2005. I don't know what time and where and all that important stuff. So if anybody has any information could you please, please, please post it? Thanks!
:flower1: ~Karena~ :flower1:

I belong to several breakdown services. I checked all of the casting notices for LA and across the country. I did not see anything for "Stevie Sanchez".

There have been auditions for "Hannah Montana" which is supposed to be a replacement for "Lizzie McGuire". The auditions have been going on for some time and I believe they are very close to casting the principle roles.

I heard of that too! I thought that had nothing to do with the Lizzie spinoff, but I might have heard wrong. Do you know if they have come to Boston, or are planning to? I am very interested, and if you could give me any information on the show it would be great! Any information regarding anything related to this stuff would be very greatly appreciated! Thanks!

I believe that the auditions have already taken place over the country for this show. I will have to check, but the last I heard they had already cast one of the two leads and were very close to casting Hannah. I'll see what I can find.

jw, do a lot of people here try for roles on shows and stuff? I'd never heard of it before. I thought you had to have conections and such.

I am quite new to the auditions and such, but you don't necessarily need to have connections. It helps most of the time, but you don't always need them.

Although most auditions for television and film take place in LA or New York, there are some that take place in other areas. If you want to work at it, there are ways to locate casting calls for your area on the internet. The best way to find casting calls is through a legit agent.

There are many people who claim to have showbiz connections that are willing to take your money and run. If you are really interested in finding an agent, look at the Screen Actors Guild website for a SAG agent in your area. To obtain an agent, you need to submit a picture (headshot) and resume/introductory letter to the agent. Remember, agents receive hundreds of submissions. Most are never signed. If you do manage to sign with an agent, they will receive the breakdowns (audition) information and contact you with those they think you could possibly book. A good agent will never ask for money up front. They make their money based on the jobs they book for you. Never give money to someone up front. Beware of agencies that claim they can make you a star or a model if you pay them to take their class or to have your picture posted on their website. I would personally avoid John Robert Powers and Millenium Model Management. They will want a large amount of money up front for classes. Most people never get anything out of it.

You can find casting notices on many websites. BE CAREFUL! Anyone can list a casting notice. Never go to a casting call by yourself unless you are absolutely sure it is legit. If you are a minor, you must have a parent or guardian accompany you.

There are legit casting (breakdown services) websites. The sites are legit, but they do not guarantee the notices listed. Again, be careful. Some of the sites charge a fee to join. One free site that I like is
http://www.mandy.com

If you are really serious about acting and you are just starting out, I would recommend finding an acting class that is given through a local college or theater. It will be well worth the money. You might also begin frequenting the following message boards. The people on these boards have an incredible background in show business. Just reading their posts will give you great insight. You can ask questions and talk with others going through the some thing. Here are two of my favorites:

http://www.eastcoastactors.net

http://www.delphiforums.com/dir-faq/index.htm

Since my DD wants to be an actor, I've spent many hours researching show business. There is a lot to learn and there are many scammers just waiting to grab those that are new to the business. I hope this information helps!

I did some checking. "Hannah Montanna", the replacement for "Lizzie McGuire", is currently on hold. It seems that they fired one of the writers and are into rewrites of the pilot episode. They will not resume casting until the rewrite is complete. Casting will probably take place during pilot season in LA. In case you are not familiar with the term, pilot season is when they try to sell all of the new shows to the networks. There is normally a huge number of auditions that take place in LA at that time. Lots and lots of compeition. Not something you want to even consider unless you have an excellant LA agent.

Thanks for all that information! I really, truely appreciate all of it! I kind of have a agent, it is for modeling, but she does acting stuff too. She isn't really good though. When I get my portfolio done (very soon), my agents suggested going to a Boston childrens place. It is supposed to be really great! So, I am trying to convince my parents on getting me a better agent in the Boston area. I figure if they let me there, then I can eventually get one further away, like New York or LA. Once again thank you so much, you can't even imagine how much I appreciate that information! Question: Do you know what age range Hannah Montana is? Thanks again!

I beleive Hannah is in the 15-16 year old age range. Then there was the part of her best friend who was the same age and then a younger girl,
8-9 ish range that was Hannah's (her real character name is Zoey, hannah is her "rock star image name") younger sister. There were also a couple of boy parts but I don't remember their ages.

They came to Kansas City a while back for open casting calls.

coinkc said:
They came to Kansas City a while back for open casting calls.

DD was not happy when she heard they were doing the open casting call for Hannah Montana in KC. Wouldn't you know. She had a SAG agent in KC for two years prior to our move to Florida. They have the open call there and not here (Orlando). Oh well! Maybe next time.

That is a bummer!

My daughter has an agent in KC and in Chicago. Her KC one was really surprised they had the casting here and not in Chicago since it is a much larger market. she read for the part of Hannah's sister (although I cannot for the life of me remember the character's name :)

My DD is still listed with her agent in KC, but they don't contact us about much since we've moved. She is with two agents now in Florida. She submitted electronically for Zoey.

Feralpeg said:
I belong to several breakdown services. I checked all of the casting notices for LA and across the country. I did not see anything for "Stevie Sanchez".

There have been auditions for "Hannah Montana" which is supposed to be a replacement for "Lizzie McGuire". The auditions have been going on for some time and I believe they are very close to casting the principle roles.

Can someone please tell me how to get an agent?I need one who is cheap because i don't have much money.

I want to become an actress but i don't have the money to make a portfolio. I need help trying to find an agent who is cheap. So please help!!!!!! I want this more than anything. I particularlly want to be on disneychannel.

KoolKat006 said:
Can someone please tell me how to get an agent?I need one who is cheap because i don't have much money.

You don't need any money to get an agent. If an agency asks you for money, get away from them fast. They are a scam. An agent makes money when their talent makes money. In other words, your agent is contacted to supply talent for something (a commercial, show, etc.). They send their talent (you) to an audition. If you book (get the job), the company paying for the commercial, pays the talent agent. The talent agent keeps a percentage (normally 20 percent) from your pay as the agency fee. You get the rest, after taxes.

The only thing you should have to pay is for a headshot. You don't need a professional headshot to get an agent. The agent will suggest you get a good headshot after they sign you. The headshot is what they send out to try to get you jobs, so they want you to have the best picture possible.

To find legitimate agents in your area, start by looking at www.sag.org. Agents must meet strict requirements to become a Screen Actors Guild (SAG) affiliated agent. That means they are good agents to sign with. If there are no SAG agents in your area, look for other agents in the phone book. You want to avoid any agent that has a school associated with it. They are usually more interested in getting you to signup for classes at their school than trying to get you jobs.

Have someone take a good clear picture of your upper body (mainly head). Don't try to look sexy or model like. It should just be a nice clear picture that looks like you. The worst thing you can do is send a picture to an agent and then walk in their door looking different. Write a short letter to the agent telling them why you want them to represent you. Be honest. Don't make up anything. If you haven't done anything, that's okay. Everyone has to start somewhere. Send the letter along with the picture to the agent. If they are interested, they will contact you and ask you to come in for an interview. If you don't get called in, don't give up. Wait about three months and try again. The need for different ages and types of talent changes on a regular basis. Just because they don't need your type now, doesn't mean they won't need it later.

Finally, if you really want to act, start taking lessons. Check with local colleges and community theater groups to find legitimate schools. Again, it shouldn't cost you more than $200 to $300 for lessons. If it costs more than that, don't sign with them. Do not go to anything that promises to make you a model. That's just not how it works. Also, audition for school, church and community theater productions. That is the best type of experience you can get and you can put it on your resume.

I hope this helps. My DD has been working on a website for young aspiring actors with this type of information. She just hasn't finished it yet.

KoolKat006 said:
I want to become an actress but i don't have the money to make a portfolio. I need help trying to find an agent who is cheap. So please help!!!!!! I want this more than anything. I particularlly want to be on disneychannel.

You don't need a portfolio to be an actor. You only need a headshot. Portfolios are for models.

I don't want to discourage you, but getting on the disneychannel is very tough. That doesn't mean it can't happen, but it takes work and it takes a lot of luck. It also really helps if you live in California.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter