Living with the Disney college program?

Emi Jax

Earning My Ears
I'm starting college in the fall, and have worked my entire life to be in the Disney college program. With any luck, I can make it in. I had a question for anyone that's been in this program. I'm willing to actually move to the area, but saw that we would be staying on site. Do you have to stay on site, or can you live in the area? I live with my boyfriend, and wouldn't want to be away from him

I'm starting college in the fall, and have worked my entire life to be in the Disney college program. With any luck, I can make it in. I had a question for anyone that's been in this program. I'm willing to actually move to the area, but saw that we would be staying on site. Do you have to stay on site, or can you live in the area? I live with my boyfriend, and wouldn't want to be away from him

You can live in the area but you aren't going to make enough to afford a one bedroom in the Orlando area. You can try to find a share but you have to let Disney know you have a place before you have to fill out and pay your housing department. If you don't have proof of living arrangements then you have to pay the housing department.

You can live off site, you'll just opt into that when you get accepted. I lived in a 2 bedroom with 6 people and paid about $100 per week. I live in a 3 bedroom, 4 people now (my own room) and I pay the same price and 100% independent. It's great.

CPs do get paid less though so depending it'll be rough getting a 1 bedroom but if you have some friends it's doable.

My boyfriend is actually going into a management program so he will be making the big bucks haha. I'll just be lucky if I get in, but man what an experience it will be.

My boyfriend is actually going into a management program so he will be making the big bucks haha. I'll just be lucky if I get in, but man what an experience it will be.

If your boyfriend will also be down doing an MI, you may be able to swing rent by living together! If I was in your shoes, I would recommend living in Disney Housing. The main reason being that it's a great way to meet people (who potentially may become some of your best friends). While you will become super close with those at your work location. It can also be good to have close friends outside of your work location.

As a parent, let me predict what will happen: In a year you will break up with Bf. You will regret you didn't live with everyone else and bond. If you are a college student, don't hitch your wagon to his at this point. Do your own thing. Get together with him on weekends.

Another patent weighing in. My dd started DCP in early Sept, and is currently on extension. Her boyfriend of four years visited her for 10 days in Oct. We insisted that she live in Disney housing for at least one program. She has now moved into an apt, but she is staying there and working because she has finished college.
It's not a long time to be apart. Do this on your own. You have the rest of your life to 'be together'. Having your bf there will make it harder for you to fully immerse yourself in the experience!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter