**Live Trip Report** It started 15 months ago..

Loving your trip report. We have been in Florida over 2 weeks now. I thought it was hot when we got here but this is getting too hot now. It usually rains everyday but we have literally had 30 minutes in 2 weeks. I dont know how you managed a park at night then straight back for the morning. We are meant to be going to Hollywood studios in the morning but I have a feeling it might be a late morning film at DTD instead to stay out of the sun. Have fun

It's soooo hot isn't it! We've had no rain either until tonight when we were at Epcot. It was very welcomed although a bit of a pain because it was the one time we didn't bring our ponchos lol.

What a fun day! I hope your feet feel better. It's amazing how much walking is done at Disney! Was Downtown Disney worth the trip? I always go my last day but I've been getting scared about all the horrow stories of the construction going on. Is it really noticeable and does it make it inconvenient? I don't care as much if it's noticeable but I don't want to waste my time going if it will be a big pain to be there. Hope you have a great day today!

I've never been to disney before, so I'm not sure what it was like before. I didn't notice much construction, but you may just because you know what it was like before.
To be honest, I wasn't that impressed with it, but that could have been because the kids kept whinging so we didn't have a chance to properly look around the shops lol.

Just reading updates!

Looks like you are all having an amazing trip. The children look very happy! :goodvibes

So, I have to say:

a) I love your nails - how did you get the Mickey's on them?

b) I love your beige Mickey vest top - can I ask where it was from please? I am thinking of wearing similar to you - shorts (not too short, but not too long) and strapless type tops most of the time, so I've been admiring your clothing on the photos :lmao:.

c) I love your cousin's hair - you made such a good job of the Minnie 'ears' - well done. I'd love to have a go with my girls but honestly, I'm the world's worst with hair - my friends all laugh and say I should have had boys! :headache:

Looking forward to reading more updates when you get time :surfweb:.

Just reading updates! Looks like you are all having an amazing trip. The children look very happy! :goodvibes So, I have to say: a) I love your nails - how did you get the Mickey's on them? b) I love your beige Mickey vest top - can I ask where it was from please? I am thinking of wearing similar to you - shorts (not too short, but not too long) and strapless type tops most of the time, so I've been admiring your clothing on the photos :lmao:. c) I love your cousin's hair - you made such a good job of the Minnie 'ears' - well done. I'd love to have a go with my girls but honestly, I'm the world's worst with hair - my friends all laugh and say I should have had boys! :headache: Looking forward to reading more updates when you get time :surfweb:.
Aw thanks! A lady who works from home did my nails, they're just acrylics and she pained them white and pink and then drew the Mickey heads on with a nail art pen. Anyone with a steady hand could do it :) My vest top is from H&M I got it a while ago and it was on sale for £3..bargain! Primark sometimes have disney tops too :thumbsup2 What I've found even comfier to wear though, is playsuits, especially the strapless ones like this orange one. She was obsessed with having her hair in minnie ears for the first couple of days, but now that she's bought real ones she's not too bothered lol! It's super easy to do tho, if you go on YouTube and search "Minnie Mouse hair tutorial" you can watch how to do it :)

So yesterday we had breakfast at 'Ohanas, which was nice, especially the juice..I must have drank 4 glasses of that stuff..yum! Tadgh was happy to see his favourite character Stitch (he actually bought a soft toy Stitch tonight out of his money and is calling him his brother lol!). We then headed into Epcot where we went to world showcase and met a bunch of characters (Mary Poppins, Alice, Belle, Aurora and Jasmine and Aladin). We then came back to the resort and the kids had a nap and then went into the pool. Later that evening we headed back to Epcot to do 2 fast passes and watch Illuminations. First we did Soarin (LOVED it - it's so clever how they do that), and then we were too late for our Nemo fast pass, but it was a walk on anyway, so we did that then walked back to world showcase. As soon as we got there though it started pouring with rain! It was the one night we didn't bring the ponchos (because we'd had no rain up until then)..typical! We bought disney ones and then staked out a spot on the bridge that separates UK and France. The fireworks were amazing, I think I might even like them better than Wishes! Today we got up and were at the bus stop for 7am, as Hollywood Studios was opening at 8am. We got there and went straight to rock & roller coaster where it was only a few minutes wait. Tadgh wanted to come on and I tried to tell him it would be too scary for him but he was adamant, anyway he loved it!! "That was awesome" was all he kept saying after it lol. We then did Star Tours (eugh made me feel a bit queezy), then Voyage of the little mermaid (which was great!). We met buzz and woody from Toy Story and then did Disney Junior. The heat was unbearable today so we tried to do as many inside attractions as possible! We has lunch at Hollywood and Vine which was ok, nothing to rave about, then we did the frozen singalong (definitely recommend it!). After the sing along we headed back to the hotel and the kids had a nap and we promised them they could go to the pool afterwards and do the campfire and movie night. But as we were eating dinner it started raining again!! And was still drizzling on and off so we decided to head back to Hollywood Studios for the Frozen fireworks (ah-maaaazing!) and the 10pm Fantasmic (brilliant!). We're now bad at the hotel and the kids are asleep and I'm about to nod off too. Tomorrow is a lazy morning, but who wants to bet that we're all awake early? Lol.

Glad you had a great day. We loved the fireworks tonight too, better than MK I thought.
You are packing a lot in, you will need that lazy morning tomorrow!
Have fun.

Yesterday we just chilled on the morning and let the kids go in the pool for a couple of hours. At 4ish we went to Animal Kingdom and did Expedition Everest with little wait, then we had a FP for Lion. King show which was amazing! Whilst we were in there the rain started and when we came out a couple of trees had fallen down so it must have been bad!
We then went to Magic Kingdom about 7 and walked about for a while before doing the Wishes dessert party. It was ok, but it's a lot of money for a few desserts. The view was good tho, which is what you're also paying for.
We stayed at Magic Kingdom til 1am that night as it was EMH, it really quiet ended down from 11.30 and most things were a few minutes wait or a walk on. I wish they did more lat EMH.
Today the kids slept in until 10 which was nice, and me and Tadgh were at the pool until 2 (Madison was complaining of her ear hurting her so she stayed in the room with my mum), then we went to Hollywood studios where we had FP for Indiana Jones and Toy Story Mania. We then had dinner at Sci-Fi which was lovely! After that we did Muppets 3D before coming back to the resort.
I'm soooo tired tonight! Everyone's in bed now so it's a nice earlyish night.

Tomorrow we're going to Blizzard beach then back to the hotel and maybe the kids will nap. Then to Downtown Disney as we have a T. Rex reservation, and we want to pick up a few presents there!

Oh wow, my 6 year old DS would love to do RRC but he's way below the height limit. My 7 year old DD is just big enough with her school shoes on, so apparently is taking them to DHS now! :rotfl:

Loving your TR though, getting me very excited for our trip now!

Aw thanks!

A lady who works from home did my nails, they're just acrylics and she pained them white and pink and then drew the Mickey heads on with a nail art pen. Anyone with a steady hand could do it :)

My vest top is from H&M I got it a while ago and it was on sale for £3..bargain! Primark sometimes have disney tops too :thumbsup2
What I've found even comfier to wear though, is playsuits, especially the strapless ones like this orange one:
imagejpg1-13.jpg

She was obsessed with having her hair in minnie ears for the first couple of days, but now that she's bought real ones she's not too bothered lol! It's super easy to do tho, if you go on YouTube and search "Minnie Mouse hair tutorial" you can watch how to do it :)

Ooh, good idea on the nails - will have to have a think about a nail pen!

Love the vest top - bargain price! I know H&M do bits, and also Primark - shall be looking for a few vest tops for next summer, although like you, I will try and go strapless a fair bit (loving the orange playsuit btw!). In fact, I love most of your outfits - clearly have similar taste :).

I saw your post on it - I may give it a try but as I said earlier, I am truly shocking at hair - my poor girls!! :lmao:

So yesterday we had breakfast at 'Ohanas, which was nice, especially the juice..I must have drank 4 glasses of that stuff..yum! Tadgh was happy to see his favourite character Stitch (he actually bought a soft toy Stitch tonight out of his money and is calling him his brother lol!). We then headed into Epcot where we went to world showcase and met a bunch of characters (Mary Poppins, Alice, Belle, Aurora and Jasmine and Aladin). We then came back to the resort and the kids had a nap and then went into the pool. Later that evening we headed back to Epcot to do 2 fast passes and watch Illuminations. First we did Soarin (LOVED it - it's so clever how they do that), and then we were too late for our Nemo fast pass, but it was a walk on anyway, so we did that then walked back to world showcase. As soon as we got there though it started pouring with rain! It was the one night we didn't bring the ponchos (because we'd had no rain up until then)..typical! We bought disney ones and then staked out a spot on the bridge that separates UK and France. The fireworks were amazing, I think I might even like them better than Wishes!

Today we got up and were at the bus stop for 7am, as Hollywood Studios was opening at 8am. We got there and went straight to rock & roller coaster where it was only a few minutes wait. Tadgh wanted to come on and I tried to tell him it would be too scary for him but he was adamant, anyway he loved it!! "That was awesome" was all he kept saying after it lol. We then did Star Tours (eugh made me feel a bit queezy), then Voyage of the little mermaid (which was great!). We met buzz and woody from Toy Story and then did Disney Junior. The heat was unbearable today so we tried to do as many inside attractions as possible! We has lunch at Hollywood and Vine which was ok, nothing to rave about, then we did the frozen singalong (definitely recommend it!). After the sing along we headed back to the hotel and the kids had a nap and we promised them they could go to the pool afterwards and do the campfire and movie night. But as we were eating dinner it started raining again!! And was still drizzling on and off so we decided to head back to Hollywood Studios for the Frozen fireworks (ah-maaaazing!) and the 10pm Fantasmic (brilliant!). We're now bad at the hotel and the kids are asleep and I'm about to nod off too. Tomorrow is a lazy morning, but who wants to bet that we're all awake early? Lol.

imagejpg1-12.jpg

imagejpg2-5.jpg

Typical about the ponchos - whenever we go on a day out in the UK, if I don't take pack a macs it rains! :eek:

I have heard such good things about the Frozen fireworks, I am really hoping they do them again next summer, but I don't know if they will. If they don't, I am hoping they do something else instead to cover August as it appears they are starting to offer more in the 'gap' period of later summer.

My DD1 rode Aerosmith the last time we went to DLP, for the first time, she was 7 and absolutely loved it. She only went on once and it's the one ride she is desperate to do in WDW (apart from anything Harry Potter at US!).

Pleased to hear the kids are keeping up and managing in the heat - which I believe is even hotter than normal as not so much rain/storms to break it up. We will be doing half days and heading back to OKW for naps and then a swim before getting ready to go back out in the eves where possible. But, I really fancy the idea of a movie & campfire night at OKW too!

I am really hoping to meet Alice - she is my favourite Disney character, and also Mary Poppins - I'd be over the moon to see them together / on the same day :woohoo:. Thinking of booking character meals so I see them - or at least have more chance.

Loving reading your TR and seeing the children's faces - the one of your cousin with Sven is amazing! Love those magic shots.

Hello! We'll be joining you at CSR tomorrow evening!! Unfortunately DS8 has a bad sinus infection (again-happens almost every trip!) so I'm really hoping the antibiotics kick in and he feels better in the morning.

I agree with you on the Wishes Dessert Party. We did it in 2012 and were disappointed in the desserts. While the view was nice for the fireworks, and it was cool seeing Tinkerbell fly right above us, the price was a little steep for what we got.

Enjoy your last few days :goodvibes

Ooh, good idea on the nails - will have to have a think about a nail pen! Love the vest top - bargain price! I know H&M do bits, and also Primark - shall be looking for a few vest tops for next summer, although like you, I will try and go strapless a fair bit (loving the orange playsuit btw!). In fact, I love most of your outfits - clearly have similar taste :). I saw your post on it - I may give it a try but as I said earlier, I am truly shocking at hair - my poor girls!! :lmao: Typical about the ponchos - whenever we go on a day out in the UK, if I don't take pack a macs it rains! :eek: I have heard such good things about the Frozen fireworks, I am really hoping they do them again next summer, but I don't know if they will. If they don't, I am hoping they do something else instead to cover August as it appears they are starting to offer more in the 'gap' period of later summer. My DD1 rode Aerosmith the last time we went to DLP, for the first time, she was 7 and absolutely loved it. She only went on once and it's the one ride she is desperate to do in WDW (apart from anything Harry Potter at US!). Pleased to hear the kids are keeping up and managing in the heat - which I believe is even hotter than normal as not so much rain/storms to break it up. We will be doing half days and heading back to OKW for naps and then a swim before getting ready to go back out in the eves where possible. But, I really fancy the idea of a movie & campfire night at OKW too! I am really hoping to meet Alice - she is my favourite Disney character, and also Mary Poppins - I'd be over the moon to see them together / on the same day :woohoo:. Thinking of booking character meals so I see them - or at least have more chance. Loving reading your TR and seeing the children's faces - the one of your cousin with Sven is amazing! Love those magic shots.

Give the hair a try, you might surprise yourself lol.
Mary poppins was great, she said to the kids "now stand up straight" for their photo! And Alice was brilliant too, she said to Madison she liked her bow and then showed her here and said Merida has a bow too but hers is a different kind :)
It has been hot, but yesterday it was sooo breezy and a lot cooler which was very welcomed!!

Hello! We'll be joining you at CSR tomorrow evening!! Unfortunately DS8 has a bad sinus infection (again-happens almost every trip!) so I'm really hoping the antibiotics kick in and he feels better in the morning. I agree with you on the Wishes Dessert Party. We did it in 2012 and were disappointed in the desserts. While the view was nice for the fireworks, and it was cool seeing Tinkerbell fly right above us, the price was a little steep for what we got. Enjoy your last few days :goodvibes

Oh no! Your poor DS, hope he's feeling a bit better today!! Let me know if you get your request :)

On Monday we went to Blizzard Beach for the morning. It was a bit of a weird day weather wise, the sun would be out one minute, then it would be overcast the next.
We stayed until 1ish because Madison got herself lost!!
We were all on the lazy river and the kids were in their rings just ahead of us, about 10 minutes in to it, Tadgh came up to me and said Madison wouldn't wait and had gone around again. Fine! She's sensible enough to stop at an exit and wait for us... Isn't she?
Me and Tadgh started to walk to catch up with her but 10 min later we still hasn't found her. So my mam and tadgh waited at an exit for her to go by and I went back to our chair in case she went back there. About 10 minutes later they came back and said she didn't swim by, so my mum went to report her missing.
10 minutes later they both came back! Apparently Madison had took herself out of the pool and told a life guard she was lost, the life guard contacted the missing childrens place and they came and got her. She was sat playing board games with the lady, happy as larry when my mum got her. Little swine lol.
So panic over, I'd had enough there by that point and we came back to the hotel and just relaxed in the room for a few hours before going to Downtown Disney to get last minute presents, and to eat at Trex. I looved Trex! Me and my mum both had the steak and it was delicious!

Yesterday we went to Chef Mickeys for breakfast. The food was great, but I'm over character meals now lol.
We then went to Magic Kingdom and met the Fairy God Mother, Princess Tiana, Merida and the cat Maria! We also went on Barnstromer (over wayyyyy too quicker), watched the FOF parade (loved it), went on the people mover twice (so relaxing lol), and watched Mickeys Philarmagic show nice (the kids love it, and it was nice to keep out of the sun).

We left about 6.30 to go to the Contemporary to do the Pirates and Pals Fireworks Voyage. I can't reccommend this enough to people who will have kids with them, it was brilliant!!
First you have to wait in the lobby on the 2nd floor, then your each given a bandana and a scavenger hunt to do while your waiting.
At 7.45 you all go into a big room and meet Captain Hook and Smee, and line up to get pictures took (there's a photo pass photographer there).
There's also a cart, with lots of goodies which you can help yourself to (chocolate coins, pretzels, popcorn, candy floss and cake!) and a fridge with Mickey ice creams, frozen lemonades, strawberry icecreams and I can't remember what else. There's also a drink station too.
After about 30 minutes in there you board your boat with your pirate guide (ours was great!), and you play trivia games on the boat where the kids can win prizes, sing songs etc. the boat then stops and you watch Wishes with the music piped in. The view was amazing! After the fireworks you head back to the hotel and Peter Pan was there to meet us! Everyone gets a picture with him. He was great, really good interaction.
Like I said I can't recommend this enough. Much better than the dessert party :)

On Monday we went to Blizzard Beach for the morning. It was a bit of a weird day weather wise, the sun would be out one minute, then it would be overcast the next.
We stayed until 1ish because Madison got herself lost!!
We were all on the lazy river and the kids were in their rings just ahead of us, about 10 minutes in to it, Tadgh came up to me and said Madison wouldn't wait and had gone around again. Fine! She's sensible enough to stop at an exit and wait for us... Isn't she?
Me and Tadgh started to walk to catch up with her but 10 min later we still hasn't found her. So my mam and tadgh waited at an exit for her to go by and I went back to our chair in case she went back there. About 10 minutes later they came back and said she didn't swim by, so my mum went to report her missing.
10 minutes later they both came back! Apparently Madison had took herself out of the pool and told a life guard she was lost, the life guard contacted the missing childrens place and they came and got her. She was sat playing board games with the lady, happy as larry when my mum got her. Little swine lol.
So panic over, I'd had enough there by that point and we came back to the hotel and just relaxed in the room for a few hours before going to Downtown Disney to get last minute presents, and to eat at Trex. I looved Trex! Me and my mum both had the steak and it was delicious!

Yesterday we went to Chef Mickeys for breakfast. The food was great, but I'm over character meals now lol.
We then went to Magic Kingdom and met the Fairy God Mother, Princess Tiana, Merida and the cat Maria! We also went on Barnstromer (over wayyyyy too quicker), watched the FOF parade (loved it), went on the people mover twice (so relaxing lol), and watched Mickeys Philarmagic show nice (the kids love it, and it was nice to keep out of the sun).

We left about 6.30 to go to the Contemporary to do the Pirates and Pals Fireworks Voyage. I can't reccommend this enough to people who will have kids with them, it was brilliant!!
First you have to wait in the lobby on the 2nd floor, then your each given a bandana and a scavenger hunt to do while your waiting.
At 7.45 you all go into a big room and meet Captain Hook and Smee, and line up to get pictures took (there's a photo pass photographer there).
There's also a cart, with lots of goodies which you can help yourself to (chocolate coins, pretzels, popcorn, candy floss and cake!) and a fridge with Mickey ice creams, frozen lemonades, strawberry icecreams and I can't remember what else. There's also a drink station too.
After about 30 minutes in there you board your boat with your pirate guide (ours was great!), and you play trivia games on the boat where the kids can win prizes, sing songs etc. the boat then stops and you watch Wishes with the music piped in. The view was amazing! After the fireworks you head back to the hotel and Peter Pan was there to meet us! Everyone gets a picture with him. He was great, really good interaction.
Like I said I can't recommend this enough. Much better than the dessert party :)

OMG what a worry about Madison - it's awful when you lose a child and then the worry of water too! :scared1: Glad she was OK and had the sense to go to a staff member!

I hadn't even considered the Pirates cruise - had thought we'd do the wishes one, but you've sold it to me! I think my girls would love it. Can I ask how much it was? When/where you booked and whether there were many adults on board - I can see my parents wanting to tag along too ::yes::. Would it be worth doing both Pirates and the Wishes cruise - or too much considering the price of the Wishes one! :rolleyes2

Glad you are enjoying your last few days. It is going over quickly but you've seen and done so much - and I can't believe how many characters you've seen - have you had to queue long for them?

OMG what a worry about Madison - it's awful when you lose a child and then the worry of water too! :scared1: Glad she was OK and had the sense to go to a staff member! I hadn't even considered the Pirates cruise - had thought we'd do the wishes one, but you've sold it to me! I think my girls would love it. Can I ask how much it was? When/where you booked and whether there were many adults on board - I can see my parents wanting to tag along too ::yes::. Would it be worth doing both Pirates and the Wishes cruise - or too much considering the price of the Wishes one! :rolleyes2 Glad you are enjoying your last few days. It is going over quickly but you've seen and done so much - and I can't believe how many characters you've seen - have you had to queue long for them?

It was scary! She's a sensible kid, I'm glad it was her who got lost and not her brother lol.
Glad I've sold it to you lol. Your parents will enjoy it too, it has some adult humour too :), and yes on our boat there was a lot of adults with the kids. There was even an old woman and man (must have been in their 70s) without children,
It's $34 for children and $59 for adults. I can't even remember how much the dessert party was, but I'm sure there can't be much difference, and the kids enjoyed it so much more. I just rang the UK number that you ring to make reservations etc and asked to book it. When do you go? Hopefully they'll have spaces!

I forgot to add about the characters. Some characters we waited maybe 20 minutes, but I don't think any longer than that. The lines seem to go down quick, and it's sometimes a welcome beak from all of the walking lol.

Oh no! Your poor DS, hope he's feeling a bit better today!! Let me know if you get your request :)

Hello! Luckily DS is much better:thumbsup2 We checked in Tues. around 5:30, didn't get our request either but are very happy w/our location in Casitas 4! I agree with what you wrote earlier as far as the size of CSR. It isn't as far between places as some make it out to be. We are most definitely not 10 minutes from the main pool and are only about 3 minutes from El Centro :)

Parks have been great so far, too! I think today is your last day?:sad1: Enjoy it & have a safe trip home tomorrow!

I forgot to add about the characters. Some characters we waited maybe 20 minutes, but I don't think any longer than that. The lines seem to go down quick, and it's sometimes a welcome beak from all of the walking lol.

Thank you for all your replies. As we will be there the same (ish) time as you next year, it's good to hear character meets weren't too bad.

Hope you enjoy your last day and safe journey home (we will be home this time next year - but honestly, I don't want to even think about it ;)).

Thanks for much for doing your TR, I have really enjoyed it as my children are around the same age as your cousins so it's been lovely to see them having so much fun! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!