• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Live Trip Report from AKV (with pics)

Glad you are home safely! I'm loving the end of your TR. Sounds like you had a wonderful time. I appreciate the pictures and the information. I'm sorry you had to come back home, but at least you can relive the last few days while sharing with us! :goodvibes

I just found your report! I love hearing about AKV's as our trip home isn't until late this year. Thanks for taking the time to post all about your trip and sharing your photos! :goodvibes

Great trip report! Thanks for sharing your vacation with us. I can't wait to visit in May!

Hello Buckeye Fan. Do i have to call out Cindy Rella Private Investigaters again? :lmao: I trust you are only suffering from post Disney traumatic syndrom and not actually busy doing something you think is more important :lmao: then feeding our anxious curiosities. For now we are living through your trip report. Please don't make us wait much longer. I NEED MY DISNEY FIX:scared1:

Sorry folks...back to reality, and a tough week at work. Lots of overtime. So here goes the last day.

What you missed on Thursday...
Boy does time every fly when you're having fun. It was a little on the chilly side in the AM, so we decided to hang out at the hotel instead of going to a water park.

At the Pool
As usual, we stayed in the room for a bit, ate breakfast and decided to go down to the pool around noon. Wow...was it a beautiful day. The sun was shining, and as we walked through the lobby, you could see all of the "new" people checking into the resort. :guilty: This is always when I take a deep breath, say a prayer of thanks for how lucky we are to have had the opportunity to take such a great vacation, and think about our next trip. :cloud9:

Well, we were smart and at least put sun screen on the kids. As for DH and me, I'm not quite sure what we were thinking! Seriously...we both got toasted. Friends, we are OH winter white in the Florida sun. And, I'll say it once more...what exactly were we thinking? So, three hours and a sunburn later, we headed back to the room to get ready for dinner (we had reservations at Trail's End - Fort Wilderness - at 6:00).

Dinner, Buses, and Boats...OH MY!!! :scared1:
I would like to thank the many of you who have posted in the past that the best way to get to FW if using buses is to go to MK, and hop the ferry over to FW. The good news...it worked like a dream. The bad news...I'm glad we left at 4:30, because we made it to our reservations right on time!!! :scared:

We got to MK, and waited about 10 minutes on a boat. If you've never done it before, I love riding the boat from MK to either WL or FW. It's really pretty, and gives a neat view of MK, BLT and the Contemporary, GF, WL and FW. Just beautiful.

As always, we really enjoyed dinner at Trail's End. The kids filled up, and since it was "home-style" food, it was a nice change. We got right in, and because it's a buffet, we didn't have to wait on our food. Again, I have to praise the TIW card if you're an AP holder, because we saved 20%! I was afraid that many restaurants wouldn't participate, but most do. For us, it will more than pay for itself.

Heading Home...
After dinner, we called it a night. I tried to get DH, DD and/or DS to go ride a couple of rides at MK and stay for the fireworks, but they were all party poopers! What is wrong with this picture? I'm 39 years old and am the only one who wants to go have some fun before we leave??? :headache: I should have just gone by myself! ;) So, we went back, packed, finished the laundry (nothing like taking clean clothes home!!!), and settled in around midnight. At 7:30 the next morning, we checked our luggage in the lobby (we flew Airtran) and at 8:00, boarded ME and headed to MCO. Getting through security was quick and easy, the flight left on time, and actually landed 20 minutes early. Overall, we just had the best time, as always!

Parting Thoughts and Coming Up...
I really loved AK. The lodge was beautiful, and the animals were a pleasant surprise. As I mentioned earlier, I didn't think I'd care if I had a savanna view or not, but it was a great experience. I've read where some people are over the thrill after the first day, but we sat out on our balcony a good bit. We found ourselves looking for our animal friends, and they never let us down!

I will share DH's thoughts, as I was shocked (remember...this was his "favorite resort" in my day 1 post). AK has been dethroned! :laughing: While the buses run every five minutes, it takes about 15 - 20 minutes (give or take) to get to anywhere other than Animal Kingdom. It didn't bother me as much as it did him. He said that the resort itself has been his favorite. But he definitely felt we were out in the middle of nowhere. He said the only way he would stay there again is if we had a car, and if we had a savanna view. I don't share the same views (love the resort, would stay there again, and wouldn't mind a pool view), and I make the reservations! ;)

So, I'm starting to plan for our July trip! :banana: We're staying at BCV for the first time, and we're about 85 days out! I already have Cirque tickets (finally broke the news to DH that he's going)! I can't wait to have another trip report, because that means I'm in on of my favorite places in the world! :cloud9:

To the BLT owners...is BLT ever coming along! It looks beautiful! You have a lovely home resort!

P1020504.jpg

P1020505.jpg

P1020516.jpg

P1020524.jpg

P1020496.jpg

P1020500.jpg

P1020491.jpg

P1020510.jpg

P1020539.jpg

P1020541.jpg

P1020564.jpg

P1020557.jpg

tIW card was useable at trails end?

would this also apply to lunch? that may be a good deal rather than eating cs at MK

tIW card was useable at trails end?

would this also apply to lunch? that may be a good deal rather than eating cs at MK
Not sure about lunch, but yes. We used it at dinner and got 20% off. The only time we didn't get 20% off was on Easter day, which we expected. There are 3 or 4 days (Easter, Christmas, Thanksgiving and maybe New Year's) where they don't honor them. Other than that, we used it almost everywhere. :thumbsup2

Hooray for a finished trip report! It was good until the very end. :goodvibes I hope that you are adjusting back well to real life - sorry about the overtime. Nothing like EXTRA work to bring you back to reality. At least your next trip is so soon. Can't wait to read that one too. :thumbsup2

Thank you again for taking the time to finish the report.

I thoroughly enjoyed your report and your wonderful pictures.

Can't wait for our trip at Kidani this August.

Til next time :)

I just wanted to add how nicely I think the new BLT fits with the Contemporary. They really look nice together.

I just wanted to add how nicely I think the new BLT fits with the Contemporary. They really look nice together.
I agree. I think Disney did a wonderful job.

Thanks, everyone, for the kind words on the trip report. Sorry it lost steam toward the end. Computer problems! Arrrrgggg!

When I was able to get back on line, you guys had me rolling. I'm so glad to know that my fellow Dis-ers had my back!!! :lmao: Even willing to send out the posse for a friend in need! :goodvibes

I hope everyone has a great time on their upcoming trips! You guys will have to keep me going until we're back in July.

Looking forward to your July TR. I know you'll enjoy La Nuba...so many different talents displayed there. We'll be there at both AKV and BCV in August.:thumbsup2

Till then, we need to come up with a new mission for you to crack! :laughing: How about the search for our missing 2009-10 books, or i don't know...... Anyone with thoughts?...

Dstevens...any missions that your crew couldn't crack?

[

Dstevens...any missions that your crew couldn't crack?[/QUOTE]
Hunclemarco, no mission to big or to small. Like Disney, every mission can be a fantasy. You just have to have "imagination". Thanks for the report Buckeye. You had us worried there for a while. Glad to see all the followers you had reading your report. Like life, we are sorry to see it end. Now it is our turns to experience the fun, frolic, frustratons and fantasies as only Disney can provide.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter