Live stream discussion - Disney Treasure reveal 11am EST today!

Yep, Florida is going to be mighty busy on that carpet..!
i was there this weekend that second terminal/parking lot looks like its close to being completed I don't know anything about construction but it looks way more completed then last year at least :)

Add me to the underwhelmed list. It's too dark color-wise for my preferences for cruising; some of my least favorite movies (I know I'm weird, but not a fan of Aladdin and not a fan of Coco), and it felt like they were actively saying to solos "We don't want you" with all the emphasis on family, etc. in the narration.

Yes, 8 DCL ships in total. 2 Magic class, 2 Dream class, 3 Triton class, and Global Dream (new name TBD). The Global Dream will begin sailing out of Singapore in 2025. No word yet on Triton #3, though based on timelines for the Wish and Treasure we can reasonably expect she'll sail sometime in 2026.

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...g-magical-cruise-vacations-to-southeast-asia/
I expect Triton #3 to be roughly 12 months behind the Treasure. The shipyard has settled on a build rate of one ship per year and the pattern seems to be December maiden voyages, so with Triton #3 next in line Nov 2025 to Jan 2026 appears to be the likely timeframe for its maiden.

Add me to the underwhelmed list. It's too dark color-wise for my preferences for cruising; some of my least favorite movies (I know I'm weird, but not a fan of Aladdin and not a fan of Coco), and it felt like they were actively saying to solos "We don't want you" with all the emphasis on family, etc. in the narration.
Disney always focuses on families, but I did feel an unwelcome message to solos as well.

I must be weird too, because I am mostly looking forward to The Lion King themed rooms. Hope they are not just for concierge?

I hear you; if it helps the majority of it he was running around solo having a ball, and the family only came in at the end, so I don't think they were trying to pass judgement. He "got lonely", sure, but was perfectly happy running around all the spaces until then. It's a feeling I get all too well... when I travel without my husband I'm always wistful about him not being there.

It's fine to move more of your restaurants to live shows as long as you provide plenty of alternative dining options in the evening!!! Disney is the only cruise line that does not have a buffet at dinner time. I'm not a fan of live entertainment during dinner. This is probably my biggest gripe with them right now. For the price - they should be giving more dining options besides eating on your bed.

It's fine to move more of your restaurants to live shows as long as you provide plenty of alternative dining options in the evening!!! Disney is the only cruise line that does not have a buffet at dinner time. I'm not a fan of live entertainment during dinner. This is probably my biggest gripe with them right now. For the price - they should be giving more dining options besides eating on your bed.
It really miffed me that they closed Festival of Foods so early, I agree. We wanted to have dinner there one night but it was shut by 6.

I expect Triton #3 to be roughly 12 months behind the Treasure. The shipyard has settled on a build rate of one ship per year and the pattern seems to be December maiden voyages, so with Triton #3 next in line Nov 2025 to Jan 2026 appears to be the likely timeframe for its maiden.
So if triton 3 ship then takes over the treasure itineraries that would mean the treasure only does 12 months of these cruises before moving to something else

So, the Treasure is taking over the Fantasy? Where will the Fantasy go? Will the Wish remain the same(ports and number of nights)?

Disney always focuses on families, but I did feel an unwelcome message to solos as well.
Yes...but they usually make it a point that families come in all shapes and sizes.

Did they say where the Fantasy is going?

Nope, today was to promote the newest ship.

So if triton 3 ship then takes over the treasure itineraries that would mean the treasure only does 12 months of these cruises before moving to something else

No one knows what they will do with Triton #3.

So, the Treasure is taking over the Fantasy? Where will the Fantasy go? Will the Wish remain the same(ports and number of nights)?

It appears that yes, the Treasure is taking over the Saturday to Saturday itineraries from Port Canaveral. The Wish continues to do the 3/4 night Bahamians. We only know that the Fantasy has sailings from PC through the end of 2024. Whether it continues from Port Canaveral, no one knows. (I sure hope it does though.)

So it seems like the general reaction is mixed at best. The fact that they are doing another Marvel restaurant is getting the most criticism.
This was my big disappintment, too, at least until they said there would be a new show, too. I did actually enjoy the show on the Wish, but I was hoping for all new restaurants. I'm not sure why, given the Wonder/Magic and Dream/Fantasy. Makes sense. But I was holding out hope for Haunted Mansion or Jungle Cruise there. :)

Jan 4-11 is missing?
I was just noticing that, and now I'm really bummed, because I have one kid in college and the other in high school, and this was the sailing I wanted to book for us all. I can't do Jan 11th as they'll be back in school starting that week, and the prices for my college kid's spring break or once the two boys are done school in the late spring are just more than I want to spend.

And then I got an email from DVC indicating that there is a special DVC sailing that week, and now I'm desperately hoping I'm able to snag it when it opens up!

The amazing miss to me is not having an Adventurer's Club. C'mon folks, it's literally in the name of the theme. Having a reserved experience with the Adventurer's Club characters at a bar setting would be printing money. At the very least, there needs to be a Trader Sam's. Failing to put either in an adventure-themed ship is just sad. Not to mention no mention of the SEA. How did they have a random person/actor in the intro video and not go for an SEA theme? (unless I missed it in the background of the opening "office")
ALL OF THIS PLEASE! Oh, how I miss the Adventurer's Club! I was so hoping there would be more SEA stuff on this ship, too, as I had assumed the lead in was all about the SEA and was surprised it was not.

I've sort of felt this way since the Wish came out. In the early days of DCL (I may still have a promotional vcr tape) they touted where kids have their space and adults can have fun too. There was a big push for adults back then. I feel that was forgotten with the Wish and now the Treasure too. I'm still hoping by some miracle they make deck 14 forward adult only but I'm not holding my breath. ;)

Agreed! The dinner shows have to stop. If I want to see a show I go to the nightly show. There is no need to have another while trying to enjoy dinner. I also don't want to miss a rotational menu so it's a necessary evil.

Wah, wah, wah! So disappointed, as was my 13 year old DD. Even theming that I was excited about seemed underwhelming. The Coco restaurant could have been so colorful and amazing. Just seemed to be an uninspiring version of Rapunzel’s. Kind of expected to just see retheming but had our hopes up due to being told on the Dream that “due to customer and crew feedback lots of changes are coming to the Treasure.” This was announced during the gold, platinum and pearl reception, and got tons of applause and cheering. Don’t think most complaints from crew or customers were about theming.

Nope, today was to promote the newest ship.

No one knows what they will do with Triton #3.

It appears that yes, the Treasure is taking over the Saturday to Saturday itineraries from Port Canaveral. The Wish continues to do the 3/4 night Bahamians. We only know that the Fantasy has sailings from PC through the end of 2024. Whether it continues from Port Canaveral, no one knows. (I sure hope it does though.)
Thank you for the information. A little bit of a bummer in regards to the Wish. We sailed the Wish in June and enjoyed the ship very much but 4 nights just isn't enough. I was hoping the Wish would go to at least a 7 night cruise. Bummer!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter